• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Argh! I'm in the League!

Crystl3

Have you ever had a "Argh! I'm in the League!" moment? Like let's say you haven't played pokemon in a while. So one day, you decided to open up your emerald or whatever and go to the battle frontier only to find... "Argh! I'm in the League!"

These moments annoy me so much, especially when I'm not in the mood for a big ceremony or credits.

That is an experience I've been through often. It has happened to me on a frequent basis in Crystal, Ruby and Diamond. Usually, I'd have been training a pokemon to level 100 for the sake of having it at said level, and days later, I'd find myself not knowing how I was going to go about the situation, (finish or lose) wondering whether I'm forgetting something or not when I go ahead from checking where I've started, and thinking is it more worthwhile to train or to go onto whatever it was I turned the game on for.

I haven't been on my current game for a long while now, therefore having no memory of my last actions, but 8 times out of 10, I'm usually gonna be looking at Aaron, Bertha, Flint or Lucien. I wouldn't bet against myself being there right now if it weren't for the fact I know I've had a look at IV training. Nevertheless, though, it is a self-inflicted annoyance I think of when hearing the slightest mention of pokemon.

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I know exactly what you mean.

It's so annoying. Then you have to waste time beating the League again, watching the credits, then continuing on. It's a real pain.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
No Because I never save at the League, since once I save it I am trapped unless I win or lose.

Dark Eevee

That's never happened to me.
I either save before and battle them later or save after I've destroyed them.

tom-tom

Furret <3
Yeah this happens to me all the time when I decide to play my 3rd gen games, either that or I turn it on and the game says:"We have been expecting you" or whatever it says when you are doing battle tower.

It have happened to me quite alot on Ruby and Emerald however it doesn't take that long and you can always turn the game off after you have completed the league, to skip the credits. I thought it was the same on the mystery dungeon games but I was wrong and had to beat rayquaza twice because I turned the game off when the credits rolled.

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
This happens me SO many times. It's very annoying and I hope they make a "quit" option in B/W, where you lose the money.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That happened to me once in FireRed. I accidentally saved before I fought Agatha and barely managed to beat the E4. I almost lost to Gary's Lv. 63 Arcanine, who had wiped out all of my guys except for my Blastoise (thank God for Hydro Cannon).

Champion Lance

Penis Used Harden
Yes, has happened to me numerous times. Its quite annoying.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Happens all the time and the sad thing is, is that once I'm done with it I don't feel like playing anymore. This means that whatever I was gonna do will have to wait for later.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Not for me so far. In cases where I'm in the leage, I would remember where I was.

TrumpCard

Haha, happened to me in Pearl. Didn't play in a while and for whatever reason I had saved even before the first battle. To make matters worse, I think I was doing it to train a few Pokemon, which, of course, resulted in a difficult series of misadventures.

TehLulzMastur

You could waste your time by trying to win, or you could, I don't know.... LOSE!!!!

I just don't see what the problem would be. You lose money, but still....

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
That moment really sucks. That and the same thing in battle frontiers. In which case I quit and then realize I lost a 20- winning streak. :(

I usually just let myself lose so I can get out. It's not worth using all the potions and revives if I can just lose a few thousand Poke and be done with it.

Mostly my problem is in the Battle Frontier. I only play it when I feel like it, and I trap myself inside there often. In fact, I saved last night inside the Battle Factory...Dang. D:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
This has happened to me too many times to count. Its happened more in HGSS because I have been using then as a training session for the Kanto Gym Leaders. More times than not, it has been for the Battle Frontier, but it has also been for trades or Spur-of-the-moment Legendary hunts.

@TehLulzMastur: But what if you are in there with a team that can't easily get defeated?

7 tyranitars

had that with pearl, I was oh I'm in the pokemon leaugue :S