• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Armored Core - Discussion (PG-13)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Apparently not. Havent heard from GH and Story in ages (Story moreso on this forum) and Sequel has yet to post since he came back. We kinda have our hands tied :S

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Apparently not. Havent heard from GH and Story in ages (Story moreso on this forum) and Sequel has yet to post since he came back. We kinda have our hands tied :S

Yeah, I spoke with smb a while back and he said he wouldn't be continuing. I guess I forgot to mention that here. So it's really just the 4 of us now.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I haven't heard from him recently. Despite him being online.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Hmm, might be that he's just very busy and only comes to the forum to check up on things without really having the time to converse or anything. I know I do that sometimes.

On another note, one more exam down as per today. I'm slowly getting all my stuff done. And, come next month there shouldn't be anything keeping me all that busy until I leave to study abroad in fall.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Here's a bit of a teaser for you all:

"This is what a broken world looks like, Clair," Lance said. The city below them burned; pillars of smoke clawing at the skies like so many torture-twisted fingers. "This is all that's waiting for us."

But even as he spoke, that faint smile never left his face.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

==="You've lost everything."===

"I'm sorry, Theo," Serra said, pulling his jacket tighter around herself. She couldn't bring herself to look him in the eye. "I just...I can't."

Theo almost-growled and ran a hand through his hair. He was at his wit's end. "You can't keep stringing me along like this."

"You don't understand," she said, pleading. "You can't understand."

"Is it him? Is it?" Theo demanded. He needed real answers. "Do you even know what he is? Can't you see him the way the rest of us do?"

==="You've thrown the rest away."===

"This is more than any of us were ever trained for," Davis protested, flinging his arms wide. "We're soldiers--on our best days. This isn't our job!"

==="And all that's left is fire..."===

The blade cut deep, and the pain almost knocked Lance unconscious. But the dark thing behind his eyes flared itself to prominence and chased away all notions of oblivion. His vision sharpened and he pulled the blade from his side.

==="...and rage..."===

"That your first time?" Lance asked from the dimly-lit shadows.

Beatrice was silent, staring wide-eyed at the blood on her shaking hands. She nodded.

Lance laughed. "It gets easier."

==="...and blood."===

"I've calculated our chances of success at 47 percent," Kotomi said, sliding into her Core. The controls and harnesses clicked into place around her. "Which will only decrease should additional enemy reinforcements arrive."

"Are you kidding?" Benjamin groaned.

"That's actually good news," Juliana said with a smirk.

"Those are the best odds we've had all week!" Claire exclaimed.

==="You can call yourself whatever you want."===

"He'll get everyone killed," Mariette said. "You all know this. He's unstable."
---
Lance drove his fist into his masked adversary's gut and slid his knife in between the plates of the man's armor.
---
"Murderous. A Sociopath."
---
He buried the knife to the hilt in the man's eye. And slashed it across another's throat. And that same almost-smile never left his face.
---
"He's Da Vinci with a knife," she protested.

"And on our side," said Davis.

==="It doesn't matter."===

Beatrice punched the Imperatrix through a concrete wall and gunned down a trio of incoming Normals. "There's too many of them! Where the hell is our backup!?"

==="At our core we're all the same thing."===

"I know what you are. And I know what you're doing," Theo shouted over the pouring rain. Bone-drenched and half-shivering. Though not from the cold.

If Lance was at all concerned with his confrontation, it didn't show.

"I know what you're doing to her, to them--to us. And I won't let it go on."

==="Monsters."===

"There's no way that I could know what you've experienced, right?" she said. Her eyes flashing in the artificial light, dancing with a hint of blackening shadow. "I couldn't possibly feel that need. Like a thousand hiding voices whispering "this is who you are". And you fight the pressure. The growing need rising like a wave. Prickling and teasing and prodding to be fed. But the whispering gets louder, until they're screaming "now!" And it's the only voice you hear. The only voice you want to hear. And you belong to it. To this … shadow self. To this …"

"Dark Passenger," Lance said, full of reverence.

"Yes," Talya said, a coy smile spreading, like a dance, across her lips. "The Dark Passenger."

niedude

Don't forget to grin
You should do trailers, Kamotz. Seriously, that teaser got me super hyped. I want Colette to prod incessantly into Lance's head, dammit <.<

And I want to get into the personal questions, too. Davis yelling "We're just soldiers!" made me instantly think up of this awesome response from Mariette. Something along the lines of "We're humans, we're people. Our profession is the occupation we chose to spend our time on, not a limit to our potential or a limiter of our actions. Soldiers, scientists... Lunatics; whatever you decide to call yourself, it is a title that should never hinder what you chose to do. Don't become a slave to a name and waste away your future."

Because I'm betting that scene has some sort of "grander purpose" behind it, and Colette is firmly against people shackling themselves like this. Especially if it affects her chances to achieve greater levels of influence and/or power.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
In attempts to keep the anticipation and momentum going, I've tried figuring out who would play our characters if this were taken to live-action and I had free reign to cast whomever I wanted.

Lance Donovan - Stephen Amell or Henry Cavill
Serra Bradley - Sarah Carter
Claire Leblanc - Olivia Wilde
Kotomi Yamagishi - ???
Beatrice Victorique - Jessy Schram
Theodore Faulkner - Sam Worthington or Jude Law
Ezekiel Arkwright - Paul Bettany
Cynthia Young - Charlize Theron
Davis Alenko - Matt Bomer
Mariette Colette - Ali Larter
Benjamin Eisler - Logan Lerman
Juliana Werberg - Kate Beckinsale

Coming soon: animated voice-actors? Maybe...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
In an attempt to really get into the heads of our characters, I'd really like for people to think about (or actually fill out) this Character Questionnaire. You don't have to do any of it, but it's a great way to think more in-depth on the characters and for us to really get this going again.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Finally got a post up! I lack sleep tgough and am still not completely in the clear, work-wise, so sorry if something seems... out of place with it. I'll also be gone most of next week abroad. But I'll try to post more regularly now anyway!

Also, the teaser was pretty cool (I could definitely imagine it as a trailer, with sound and everything, ha), even if it did make it seem like everything would revolve around Lance eventually. I hope that isn’t the case and that this won’t become a one-man show though. I like our current Libya group a lot, because everyone makes mistakes and reacts strongly to things around them. None of them is perfect, and the situation's not focused only on one member or what they're doing. So Lance, if you wanna join the team, you better make mistakes and get shocked/surprised too every once in a while, you hear?

As for the actors/actresses... woah. I feel like you really nailed some of those. Davis, Theo (with the second link you posted), Benjamin and Juliana in particular all seemed pretty much like how I imagined them, at least.

The questionnaire I will have to fill up later. I've seen that one before (even outside of Serebii) and recall filling it with characters way back when. Should be fun to do that again.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Sorry for the long post guys, but I wanted to get this moving again.

Don't worry, GH. Lance's prominence in the "trailer" is due mainly to the fact that I know him better than the other (everyone else's) characters and it was through his story/personality that I was best able to bring up possible situations in which the other characters might react in ways dramatic and tantalizing enough to be used in a "trailer."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
So...do you guys want to continue this? We're all basically back for the first time in a while, so we could really get this going.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Working on a post as well as those Character Questionnaires Kamotz posted a while back. Just been trying to catch up on everything. That trailer was impressive.

Quick Question: Kamotz, can I leave Theo in your hands during an actual mission? Trying to keep tabs on everything going on as well as improvising during his POV is a little more time consuming than I can handle I'm afraid.

Also, should I post the questionnaires here or PM them to you?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
@Question: Sure. I can take care of that. Once Lance and Serra join the team, I'll take the main operating "info dump" stuff from Theo and give it to her.

You can post them here. I think that's a good enough idea. If there's something you want to keep close to the chest, then you can withhold that info.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Okay, good, cause that would help me get my posts out a lot easier. And I apologize again for my long absence.

And awesome. I think it'd be interesting to see how everyone answers the questionnaires. Its supposed to give insight into the character after all. We might be able to get a few things to add into the RP our of it.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Another spoiler for all you lucky kids.

All she wanted was to drown her sorrows, to not spend so much time feeling things anymore. At least, that's what she kept telling herself. Like a mantra. Repeating it over and over each morning, hoping she would eventually believe it. The memories hurt. The failure hurt. It was better to feel nothing than to feel that pain.

Yes. That was it. The lie. Always, the lie. Of course it was a lie. What she felt was nothing. No regret. No remorse. No shame or sense of betrayal. Nothing. And in the end, feeling drunk was better than feeling nothing at all.

How had Lance phrased it?

"There was a lie that I told myself until it became the truth."

Yes. That was her lie. That she was hurting. That the drinking took the pain away. And sometimes, if she got drunk enough, she'd even believe the lie herself.

Not tonight though. She could feel the eyes on her. She'd gotten very good at that. And that feeling, of being watched--tracked and hunted--set something stirring within her. A sense of uneasiness and agitation. Twitching behind her eyes, setting her teeth on edge.

"Can I help you, gentlemen?" she asked, not taking her gaze away from the swirl of amber liquid in the glass. She forced a slur into her speech, wobbled heavier, swayed in her seat--let them underestimate her. Let them overestimate just how drunk she really was.

"Miss Leblanc," said the man with the watchy-eyes. His stoic, bald-headed companion said nothing. The mouth and the muscle. Claire almost laughed. "You're looking..." He struggled to find the right word.

Claire smirked. It meant he wasn't there as a threat. Something else was going on.

She smiled hazily, "Fantastic? Free? Alive?" she offered the man. "Very, very drunk?" He didn't respond, so she just laughed again and downed her drink before motioning for another. "What can I do for you?"

"We have a proposition for you."

"You're propositioning me?" she chuckled, and took the drink offered by the bartender.

"Not like that," the man almost-stuttered. "A business venture. A job."

"So I'd get paid even?" Claire laughed sarcastically. She threw her drink back. "You think I need money? What a novel idea."

"'Paid' in a sense," the man smirked. Beside him, his bald companion remained stoic as ever. "Compensation, I suppose, would fit better."

"Compensation?" Claire raised an eyebrow, slipping out of her faked drunken stupor for a brief moment.

"For...slights against you," the man clarified. "Monetary compensation for the past...year, is it?"

"Closer to two," Claire muttered.

"You'd be allowed to pilot again, of course," the man said. He didn't even bother trying to hide his smirk. "You'd be allowed to see your family. All we need from you is to track down a few...troublesome individuals."

"Who?" Claire said, disconnectedly, just staring blankly into her glass--trying to decide if she was excited, nervous, or just drunk. The man pulled out a tablet and slid it over the bar towards her. She recognized each of the eight names and pictures on the dossier. Of course she did.

"Serra Bradley, Beatrice Victorique, Theodore Faulkner, Cynthia Young, Davis Alenko, Benjamin Eisler, Juliana Werberg, and Mariette Colette," the man said, implacably smooth and crisp and clear. "As well as their associates: Commander Jason Ford, Avrahm Marshe, and Professor Ian Jarnefeldt."

"I don't know where they are," Claire said. She pushed the tablet back towards the man.

"Of course not," he said, pushing it back to her. "You haven't seen them in almost two years."

"You've been watching?"

"Of course we have."

"What about the others?" Claire asked, feigning disinterest. "Yamagishi. Arkwright?"

"Accounted for," said the man. His gaze never left her.

"Lance Donovan?" Claire asked carefully, playing her last trump card.

"Lance Donovan is dead," the man said quickly, brushing her off with a wave of his hand. "Died two years ago. You were there. You saw it yourself."

"If you really believe Lance Donovan is dead, you're dumber than you look." Claire turned back to her drink, though she kept him in the corner of her eye. The man smirked, almost audibly. "Ah, so you know otherwise." She swiveled in her seat and stared at him. She pointed to his smile "But you're smiling, obviously."

"Obviously," he said, smirking.

"The only reason you'd be smiling, knowing Lance Donovan is alive, is if you weren't worried," she said, counting off on her fingers. "Not a smart move. Of course, the only reason you wouldn't be worried is if you knew where he is. And the only reason you'd know where he is, is if he wasn't there by choice."

"You're not at all the incompetent drunk you make yourself out to be," the man said.

"And you're greatly underestimating your own incompetence," she said. She glanced back at the tablet. "Why do you want them?"

"I'm an agent of Collared, a liaison between it and the League." He motioned to the tablet and the eight pictures. "They've been causing us quite a bit of trouble. They have a lot to answer for. I'm sure they owe you some answers as well. Like why they left you to take the fall?"

Claire remained silent.

"The League wants them brought in, dead or alive," he continued. "If you do this for us, you get your answers, your revenge...you get your life back. You get to move on with it. Instead of just stagnating and trying to find feeling at the bottom of a bottle."

Claire swallowed hard. He knew. Still, she said nothing.

"Fine. I knew this was a waste of time," the man said. He shrugged his coat over his shoulders and reached for the tablet. But Claire's hand shot out and grabbed it first. She pulled it to her. Slowly. He smirked. "Keep it. And we'll see you tomorrow at headquarters. 7 AM. Don't be late." He turned to the bartender and dropped several folded bills on the counter. "Cut her off. I need her sober for tomorrow." The bartender nodded. Then the man and his bald-headed companion slipped out into the night.

"Mikey, you better get me the rest of the bottle," Claire said, swiping through the information on the screen.

"Never liked suits," the bartender smirked, and slid the full bottle over to Claire.

"Well...looks like I'm gonna have to dust off mine."

Armored Core: All as One

niedude

Don't forget to grin
"You're greatly underestimating your own incompetence" might be the coolest thing I've ever heard anyone say, ever. I'm totally stealing that someday.

I'm so curious as to what happened for the entire group to let Claire take the fall. This just provided me extra motivation to try and finish up my post, even if I am kinda hangover.