• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ARMS Discussion

KillerDraco

The ARMS Global Test Punch metagame in a nutshell:

4MbLHtN.png

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The ARMS Global Test Punch metagame in a nutshell:

4MbLHtN.png

This is why I don't use the full hour. Not even Ribbon Girl is worth the Ninjara-fested lobbies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
'twas fun while it lasted

Might go out and buy the game. Depends on my finances.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
So one thing I noticed about the demo this time around was the whole Hedlock thing. Now that was one interesting fight and just really slipped under the radar, now didn't it?

Guess that he's going to be like the Master Hand of some sort of Boss-only character in the main game while I have no doubt that the mysterious fighter we seen at the end of the Direct is going to be some sort of early round of free DLC fighter. To be honest, I'm glad this is Nintendo and not Capcom since Capcom would have charged you a couple of dollars for a character whose model and moveset is already in the game (I'm looking at you Sigma...).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
ARMS is out today!

Went in store as I was around the city centre and I saw it there.

I elected not to buy it. I think this could be a game that I would buy, but not for full RRP. Maybe when it comes down in price. I'm saving for Pokken, MP4 and FIFA, not to mention 3DS Pokémon games.

Was tempted with the neon joy cons but decided I'll wait for more colours.

KillerDraco

Well, there's a very clear most popular character in Ranked Battles, and that character is Ribbon Girl. Her multiple jumps make it very easy to dodge, and very hard to hit her. Her "openings" are much smaller and harder to exploit than most characters. She's definitely the character I have the worst track record against.

...Or it could just be that I'm not very good at the game yet. A very real possibility.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Got the game on release day and I've been playing here and there.
Ribbon Girl definitely clicks with me and I honestly thought I was gonna go with Twintelle, but I need more time with her since Ribbon Girl has been used more when I was doing the test-punches.

Love to play on party mode and I am honestly nervous of playing rank. I've played a bit, but I am by no means competitive but its fun fighting one on one once in a while.

Grand Prix started giving me trouble by number 5. Thought I was gonna get wrecked like everyone else on 4, but I managed. I am horrible at those Skillshots though!!

KillerDraco

I am honestly nervous of playing rank. I've played a bit, but I am by no means competitive but its fun fighting one on one once in a while.

There is a pretty big problem with Ranked right now, and that's people plug pulling. I can't tell you how many victories I've been denied because of people pulling the plug when they're losing... That said, the quality of opponents is generally higher than Party Battle, although this is most notable when you get over Rank 5. Right now I'm sitting at rank 7, so there's still a ways to go.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
There is a pretty big problem with Ranked right now, and that's people plug pulling. I can't tell you how many victories I've been denied because of people pulling the plug when they're losing... That said, the quality of opponents is generally higher than Party Battle, although this is most notable when you get over Rank 5. Right now I'm sitting at rank 7, so there's still a ways to go.

Oh, I've read about it, but haven't experienced it. I'm still at Rank 1 lol. Trying to finish most of the Grand Prix with the characters I can handle easier first *^*

If your victories weren't denied, what rank would you say you were in right now with them? D:

I'm pretty sure pull plugers will eventually get punished in some way soon.

So far I've read that if they disconnect, their rank drops twice as much, but unfortunately the person who didn't rage-quit doesn't get a rank up anyways :(

I guess I honestly hope they get a punishment similar to Smash Brothers.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Bought the game a couple of days ago and has to be said. I have vastly under estimated the thumbs up position.

Especially when I was holding my Joy Cons horizontally.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'm going through the Grand Prixs and trying to figure out which player works for me best. Suddenly Ribbon Girl isn't quite as fluid for me after the switch from analog stick to Joy Con movement.