1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Army

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Matt36, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Matt36

Matt36 Clone my Balls!

I've spent the last 7 years doing all sorts of **** jobs, dealing with moronic customers to moronic people on building sites. The appeal of the Army really started a couple months ago. Here's why;

- My mam was in the Army
    - Friends are in the Army and doing really well for themselves
    - Can't stand every day jobs and their tedious, boring, unrewarding nature.
    - Better than average pay (£900+ per month for my first 14 weeks training, raising to £1200+)
    - Respectful
    - Better than being on Job seekers Allowance
    - Get paid to be fit and do something exciting
    - Feel like im doing something with my life
    - Army pays for my Drivers License, as well as my Degree & a trade
    - I feel like I'm doing something for my country and my family. I'm proud.

This is by no means, a dig at ANYONE who disagrees or not in the Army etc. These are just my views and opinions. I can't wait to get started and give my life meaning.

2. DasBoot

DasBoot Well-Known Member

My brother joined for those reasons. (Even if he's not in College)

Plus it pays really well as you said.

Although, it really hard on the family and yourself if you get called out. (I've been through it)

3. DarkXWolf12

DarkXWolf12 Well-Known Member

Nope, I would never join.

4. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

I wouldn't mind a job in the Airforce or Navy TBH. But the work I would have do just to enter the Australian Navy/Airforce is nearly as hard as getting into medical school here because the country wants the elite of the elite, both physically and academically. I am also neurotic and prone to panic and stress attacks so the likeliness of me geting into the army is nought.

Besides, I have higher priority jobs on my list.

I do have high respect for anyone who is in an army or is a ex-member/vetran and respect people who choose the army as their choice of ork.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  5. Byzantine

Byzantine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't join. I respect those who put their lives on the line, but I fundamentally disagree with the system this world has in place to deal with conflict, considering how far we have come as a race we still can't seem to resolve our difference without fighting. I think that perhaps we need to, as race, grow up some and figure out that so long as we fight and each other over our (insignificant) differences then we will never accomplish anything. I firmly believe that if we were to vanish today we would have accomplished nothing worthwhile, we never managed to surpass our most basic of instincts, that to fight.

6. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

I have a great deal of respect for our Soldiers.

Naturally, the Armed Forces wouldn't take me. I'm crippled, sick, and weak. I respect them for doing the job I can't and others won't.

7. PKMN Trainer Rex

PKMN Trainer Rex ~'3'~ Swalot face

I won't join our nation's armed forces, because I am a wimp plain and simple. Half the people I know are in almost all 4 branches past and present, and have a deep respect for them for doing it.

8. Shadow Lucario

Shadow Lucario Lone Vanguard

Just because someone doesn't want to join the Armed Forces doesn't make them unpatriotic. I love my country and I am proud of it, despite all the troubles it has faced in the short time it's been a country. Also, I'm not in or joining the military. There are other ways to support and defend your country besides war. I believe violence is only necessary when you've run out of all other options. Leaving my girlfriend for extended periods of time wouldn't help either.

9. giratina hates shaymin

giratina hates shaymin OVER 9000!!!!

would only join if war were serious and affected australia, like world war 3 or something...

10. bobri28

bobri28 Get your snacks

The army: meet awesome people, then shoot them

11. I am too young atm (16) but i plan on joining the Marines a few months after i get my high school diploma. I basically knew I wanted to be a Marine since I was 12. Not sure what inspired me but running around the jungle with a gun always seemed appealing. I have a more realistic view point now days and I am prepared to join it. I am not getting a tattoo and I want one :[ armed forces limit your rank if you get tattoos. I probably could use ADHD meds but don't take them because that automatically disqualifies you from joining. I also do lots of sports and work out a good bit so basic training won't kill me. Iv been preparing a lot of my life for it.

12. Sklobington

Sklobington Damn you, CHILLI!!!

Im a pacifist (not really). Seriouly, no, i wouldn't join. I think i could serve Britain in a better way without being killed.

(while your at war, try and nick the other sides wifi and tell us how its going! :p)

13. AwesomeGuy

AwesomeGuy Arrogance

Depends. At the moment probably not, if I really needed the money for college maybe, but with that exception I probably wouldn't have the willpower to go to my local recruting office. If I did though I'd probably go with Army, even though everyone in my family has been Navy.

If there was a draft on the other hand, I would go. I would not be a draft dodger.

14. shady56

shady56 Blazing With Heart

i tried to join but that didnt work out to well
    but my best and closest friend is in it
    and i always support him

15. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

16. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I'm not going to join the army. I don't think they wouldn't accept me because of how skinny my body is. And I wouldn't risk getting attacked by an enemy or being blown to bits by grenade when the time comes. It's just not right for me.

17. Locke Yggdrasill

Locke Yggdrasill Eustis on reddit

Love the service, love what they do and the sacrifices they make, but that shit is NOT for me.

facepalm

18. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

Bugger patriotism.

19. Sert908

Sert908 Lucario Lover!

I wouldn't D= Don't want to die!

20. Paradoxe

Paradoxe not actually psychic

I'd miss my mommy too much.

XD No, if I ever went into the military, I'd probably just be an engineer or technician. But there's a small chance of me doing that.