• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Army

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Typical Pokemon thread having dumb misconceptions about a subject they have little exposure to outside of the news media they watch 3 seconds a day.

yoursavior

Calm Mind
I considered joining the US military to help pay for college, but decided against it. I don't feel any particular allegiance to the US, jingoism tends to disgust me, and I don't agree with the current 'War on Terror'. I don't have a problem with those that choose to join and fight for their respective countries, it's their decision and their life on the line, and I respect that, I just care too little for America and it's problems. If I was to join any military, it would most likely be the UN.

VioletMantis

Tranced Out
Most people are misinformed about anything in relation to the army, war, etc. All they know is what they see on Fox and CNN. The most fighting I will do for any war is with a PS3 controller as my weapon on COD. I don't want to start ranting, because I most certainly can on a subject like this, but I will say...most people are oblivious to the reasons why there is even war and how most wars were started. History books contain but half the truth. The catalyst for such wars, WW1, 2, Vietnam, Iraqi, you won't find them on mainstream TV or learn it in school

AwesomeGuy

Arrogance
The catalyst for such wars, WW1, 2, Vietnam, Iraqi, you won't find them on mainstream TV or learn it in school

WWI was pretty much just rising tensions of Nationalism and Imperialism which culminated in the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand and an entire web of alliances going off.

WWII was due to Hitler's powermongering and Japanese Imperialism.

Vietnam was just America being America when it comes to Communists.

Iraq was a result of Bush trying to One-Up his father and of course, Oil had its hand in things there too.

Where are the "hidden catalysts" for any of these?

BeanerMan

Class of 11
I am actually leaving for boot camp in July, I joined the marines, and i can't wait to start. My job is going to be a paralegal.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Good luck dude! :)

7 tyranitars

no way not gonna join the army ever, also at the guy saying lack of patriotism, have you ever thought about the fact not everyone wants to go to war -.-

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Of course. It's also a very proud & brave thing to do. Just not for everyone.

olbeefy

Banned
armies contribute to the fallacy that war can end war

Korusan

Banned
I'm gonna join the air force because of all the sick so dope fighter jets my country plans on needlessly dropping a couple billion on.

With the rate we're going, a few years after that we'll get the first TIE Fighters and X-Wings. [img139]http://i.imgur.com/gMF0e.gif[/img139]

olbeefy

Banned
I feel like you didn't actually come up with that line and are just trying to sound intellectual.

you've been conditioned to an intellectually deprived environment and hence your mind is rejecting signs of true intellect. it is expected.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Oi, keep it on subject or bugger off. And your intellect isn't that great if you can't use Capital Letters or Punctuation.

Army talk or nothing.

olbeefy

Banned
Oi, keep it on subject or bugger off. And your intellect isn't that great if you can't use Capital Letters or Punctuation.

Army talk or nothing.

militarizing this thread is the last thing we need.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Who is this kid? Haha.

Yes, me wanting people to stay on topic is the last thing we need. How terrible of me. Next you'll be blaming me for this weeks bombing in Morocco because I asked you to stop being a complete tool and contradicting yourself, with your own laziness, ignorance and tedious inability to use proper English.

Consider yourself reported. Idiot.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!

Rawr27

I have no plans to kill or support the killing of anyone.
Unless someone close to me was directly harmed by an individual/group of people, then the tables would be turned :)

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I believe in peace bro, not war.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't plan on going to join the army, but I would like my middle child to so he or she feels like she did something not only for their family, but also their country.