• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Army

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Anyone in or joined the Army for their respected country?

I've signed up to the British Army and in 6 weeks time I go off for 14 weeks training.

Discuss..

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i have not, nor do i plan to

more than anything i doubt i'm fit enough to do anything of the sort

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I don't plan on supporting a country where we join other wars because we can and we're ~BETTER~ than everyone else.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
"I'm a consciencious objector."
"A what?"
"You know, a coward"

Nah, I don't want to join the army, I have other dreams. Though I've always said if I was to die young I'd like to do it doing something meaningful like fighting for my country...

I don't plan on supporting a country where we join other wars because we can and we're ~BETTER~ than everyone else.

Topical, for a Pokemon forum. I like it.

Ethan

Banned

Yeah I mean totally, Aghanistan wasn't actually because crazy people went a blew up our buildings, but instead we invaded for shits and giggles to show those filthy Afghans how much better we are then them.

Douchebag post A+

No, I don't plan on join the army. I'm lazy and careless and any professional military institution would chew me up and spit me out.

Joining the army has always been something I've considered, but I honestly don't see it happening. There are just too many other things I want to do that don't involve smelly places and the chance of me dying.

Profesco

gone gently
The first place that popped into my head on seeing Mr. Joker's post was Libya.

Ethan said:
No, I don't plan on join the army. I'm lazy and careless and any professional military institution would chew me up and spit me out.

This for me, too. I haven't got what it takes, and even if I did, I wouldn't be willing to use it in war anyway.

A few members of my family, and some of my friends, were/are in the milliary. I give them props for having the guts to do it. It takes a lot, and I think they turned out to be better people.

I, on the other hand, couldn't handle it. I'm more of the mediator type; I try to help both sides come to a consensus in a disagreement. That, and the idea of getting my paycheck through destruction is probably one of the last things I would want to do.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I did three years of AFJROTC and tried joining the Navy this year, didn't work out. they disqualified me : \

Profesco

gone gently
^

Two thumbs up for diplomacy, Armor.

That'd be how I'd support my country in a conflict, if I had to do so in some way. Spread peace through compromise and mutual understanding, not technologically advanced arm wrestling. (Intentionally glib.)

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I have, um, issues with the military that I won't go into for fear of offending anyone, so I have no intention of ever joining up.

Also I'm an overly sensitive coward so yano.

i have no plans to join the army
and well im a pacifist so yeah even if a draft happens they can't force me to join

CombatWombat

don't want to risk my life for something as rediculous as war. and because i don't think i have what it takes. i look up to people who serve the military and to veterans. they are brave people who gave up alot of things for us and the future.*sniff*

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I'm shocked at the misconceptions so many of you posters have about military life.

Not every single branch requires you to go shooting and killing in Afghanistan; there are many, many supporting jobs that one can take. Not to mention the fact that the Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard don't fight on the front lines. One thing that really annoyed the Hell out of me, is telling someone you plan on enlisting their immediate reaction being "You're gonna die!".

Also while enlisting does mean a huge commitment, it does not come at the cost of one's personality. It does however instill discipline and maturity into one; the fact that active duty soldiers might not still think it's cool to go out every night and party like they're on Jersey Shore =/= lack of personal freedom. It means that they've outgrown childish behavior. Enlistees haven't really compromised their personalities they've just become more mature is all.

The lack of patriotism I'm seeing in this thread is seriously depressing.

ChedWick

If it wasn't for the lady friend I would have likely sign up around my second year of college. Probably would be doing far more than I am now.

The lack of patriotism I'm seeing in this thread is seriously depressing.

I just have no personal interest in any branch, really. Its just not something I could personally place myself in. I'm quite aware of the different sects, from desk work to actual field work, but none of it really interests me. There are many ways to give back to the country, I just prefer to do it by other means. It doesn't make me a flag-burning anarchist or anything (and I'm not saying you're calling me that), but its just not a place I could ever see myself being. I may not support all endeavors of the different sects, but I have full support for the people who put themselves out there to go do something more that what I could mentally, or physically, do. So, huge props to you, man.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I have no interest in joining the army. I don't support running off to kill yourself for ideals that may not always be your own, nor do I like the battles being fought right now. If the country was under some form of heavy assault, then I might join, but as of now I can't say I would. Besides that, I feel I was meant for other things. I don't really have a lot of natural physical ability or resolve, but I do have a good mind and a lot of creativity, which I plan to put to good use as well as I can.

Last edited: