• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Around The Whirlpool (212)

Haha, personally i LOVE the Team Rocket motto in this one! lol
i just love how Jessie and James are dressed up as waiters xD
Rachael Lillis is the greatest Jessie, her mean and nasty Jessie is so original :)
Eric Stuart is just the king of voice acting, his unique James voice, with the little squeaks ^^ Its just cool. and the laugh in TR Double Trouble..xD *wipes off tear* and Maddie Blaustein's meowth is just priceless, there won't be an awesoem TR cast like them :) This episode is my fav of all Master Quest. and I LOVE the opening theme "Believe In me" its just...thank you David Rolfe"!

7threst

Before I begin giving my own opinion about this episode, I do want to say that this season (Master Quest) is probably the best original series season out of all five. Yeah, that's right, it even beats the Indigo League series. So much happened during this season, that most of my list of epic moments in Pokémon happened during this season. The theme rocks too.

Now, for this sub-part (Whirl Arc) the first episode wasn't that good of being interesting, but I did like some openings like Misty wanting a Corsola and the Lugia's shadow appearing - foreshadowing events that will happen later on in this arc. That is probably this episode its strongest point.

Blessed

A nice episode to introduce the Whirl Islands and the Whirl Cup competition. It was great how Misty kept saying she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master. It was nice to see Professor Elm again too. I love how calm & collected he is, his Corsola was very cute. I loved how Misty wanted a Corsola so badly.

It was a good episode. But, right when Staryu's used, it loses after one hit. I'm starting to think Staryu is a glass canon. It's nice to see that the Whirl Cup is introduced. It'll advance Misty into becoming a Water Pokemon Master. She needs this.

It was a good episode. But, right when Staryu's used, it loses after one hit. I'm starting to think Staryu is a glass canon. It's nice to see that the Whirl Cup is introduced. It'll advance Misty into becoming a Water Pokemon Master. She needs this.

You'll be pleased with the results of the Whirl Cup if you haven't seen the next few episodes. ;)

A nice episode to introduce the Whirl Islands and the Whirl Cup competition. It was great how Misty kept saying she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master. It was nice to see Professor Elm again too. I love how calm & collected he is, his Corsola was very cute. I loved how Misty wanted a Corsola so badly.

Agreed. Happy that she got one later as well. :)

NPT

Just a member
Apart from Lugia's shadow, Prof. Elm's appearance and Misty wanting to catch a Corsola, this episode was(yawn) a bore.
It was a rather boring start of the Whirl Islands arc in my opinion.

Name-wise, I always get Professor Elm and Birch mixed up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I thought this was a pretty good episode for Misty. I like how pumped up she is for the Whirl Cup. Also it seems like Misty catching Corsola was foreshadowed here. I also enjoyed seeingvProf. elm again.
9/10

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was really boring. Beside the lore of the Water Pokemon really nothing really happen beside Team Rocket stealing the Water Pokemon. Also this is the first time in Johto that Team Rocket was able to beat one of the twerps Pokemon in a battle. So Misty had to fail of getting the Water Pokemon back from Team Rocket that was so wrong in so many way. And then Misty having to fangirl over Colsorla because Misty is girl.

So far in the Johto region there were some Pokemon type tournment in the past, but they wasn't a big deal, but when we get something about water Pokemon we have to have lore surrounded by them. That seem so unfair to some of the other type of Pokemon in the world. I think this arc would have been better in the Hoenn region then in Johto. Would it been awesome if they would put in Kyogre lore in here where it could have a better role. Because it is the creator of the sea. But I'm just spit balling something over here.

Anyway I'm going to give this episode a D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was pleasant seeing Elm again and his Corsola was so adorable hee hee. I liked how Ash's group saw Lugia's shadow in the sea and how they learned about the Whirl Cup tournament as well. :3

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Elm showing up and being relevant for once. Too bad that Ash and Misty wanted to make a detour for the Whirl Cup subplot...

Lugia finally made a shadowy cameo and my favorite scene was when Misty saw Corsola and began planning to capture her own Corsola some day.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Oh praise Allah, Prof. Elm actually did something other than just sit in his lab. It was nice to see Misty actually get excited about catching a Water Pokemon since her last one she didn't really catch, it just sort of followed her. Also nice cameo by Lugia.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Too bad that Ash and Misty wanted to make a detour for the Whirl Cup subplot...

I'm glad they did tho cuz the Whirl Island journey was good overall. I also liked seeing Misty get all passionate regarding the tournament here when she found out about it. :3