• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrival in Alola! Melty Metal Panic!! (1054)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1054.jpg

Arrival in Alola! Melty Metal Panic!!

Some mysterious Pokémon have arrived in Alola, and these mysterious creatures eat metal! They start causing havoc across Alola by eating the tools at the Pokémon School, and even James' bottle cap collection. James is angered and decides to chase down the Pokémon to get his revenge. Just what are they?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh I didnt enjoy this episode as much as I thought I would. It eats metal, annoy people and sleeps. I am not fond of Meltan. I give it 7/10.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Seeing the Meltan stack up on top of each other to use Flash Cannon really gave me flashbacks to the episode with Ash's Roggenrola.

Also fun fact: you can see the logo of OLM, Inc, the company that animates this anime, on one of James' bottlecaps.

Other highlights include: James' Bakugou face when he confronted the Meltan, Mimikyu clearly not giving a crap and putting as much effort in the battle as I do in my day-to-day life, and the weird spinny thing the Meltan did at the end. I know that's a reference to some sort of thing, but the name escapes me completely.

Also, hi, Muk. It's been awhile. Was it in the Kanto episodes?

Side note: monkey wrenches are apparently still called monkey wrenches in the world of Pokemon. Come on, live up to your title. At least call it a Mankey wrench.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Whatever happened to oak's rotom? We haven't seen it since xy (and evento then I think it was only in the holo caster segments)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wow, these kids are horrible human beings, needlessly torturing an innocent creature

Why are we rooting for them again?

First Shaymin, and now Meltan are in abusive households

Their release can't come soon enough
Are you talking about when they touched it or when Sophocles did the experiments? Because with the first one, they didn't know it was a Pokemon and with the second, sure it was a bit too much, but to study a Pokemon, research has to be done. And how are Meltan and Shaymin in an abusive households?

Seeing the Meltan stack up on top of each other to use Flash Cannon really gave me flashbacks to the episode with Ash's Roggenrola.

Also fun fact: you can see the logo of OLM, Inc, the company that animates this anime, on one of James' bottlecaps.

Other highlights include: James' Bakugou face when he confronted the Meltan, Mimikyu clearly not giving a crap and putting as much effort in the battle as I do in my day-to-day life, and the weird spinny thing the Meltan did at the end. I know that's a reference to some sort of thing, but the name escapes me completely.

Also, hi, Muk. It's been awhile. Was it in the Kanto episodes?

Side note: monkey wrenches are apparently still called monkey wrenches in the world of Pokemon. Come on, live up to your title. At least call it a Mankey wrench.
Yes, Muk appeared in SM041. And yeah, they really missed the chance of calling it a Mankey wrench. That's a joke that wouldn't get lost in translation.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Boy those Meltans are trouble makers, pretty cute just how much they caused. I had a head canon that Meltan would act in a collective hive mind mindset and I wasn't disappointed.

Eevee was cute and nearly got blasted to kingdom come because of it.

Being the Rocket Trio is suffering, those Meltan have every right to fear that Clefable, I just need an English sub for the details.

6/10 for now, besides Meltan being cute, dragging the Rocket Trio into the plot and some continuity, nothing specific happened outside of Meltan.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It was an alright episode, I was more interested in hints for next week's episode. I am personally not wanting the capture but I know it's most likely to happen. I didn't warm up to meltan as much as I thought it would at all, it just makes me miss nebby or poipole, or even togepi. Hopefully my mind will change.

Also as someone who would rather Ash bring back reserves, seeing Muk again got me excited but we all know it won't amount to much, it almost seemed like it was just to show that Ash has had a pokemon like meltan before.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
MUK!

It's nice seeing the TRio get the screentime they rightfully deserve, been so very long.....

Whatever happened to oak's rotom? We haven't seen it since xy (and evento then I think it was only in the holo caster segments)

Forgotten about much like poor Tracey

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Gotta love the friendship that one Meltan and Rowlet had after the latter retrieved his hexagonal nut. They're going to have an adventure together in the next episode just like Lana's then-Popplio and Marin before the latter capture. Perharps, that Meltan would be captured as well?

Surprised that Eevee still doing Tackle when it encountered a new Pokemon, I thought Lana disciplined it. Btw, it looks like Meltan's body is made of mercury which would be very toxic to touch but you know, anime logic.

I see that Meltans are causing alot of trouble albeit unintentional as they feast on metals. Poor James and his precious caps, his anger is justified. First time I see Bewear scaring the Meltans, but as usual it just pick up TRio afterwards. Nice Oak and Muk appearences.

Fun episode overall.

D

Deleted member 384931

I watched the episode subbed. It is interesting to note that "despite being a new spieces" the Who is that pokemon segment already features Meltan with name and typing. I am wondering what they will do to unsure no more metal is eaten?

ShadowForce720

I watched the episode subbed. It is interesting to note that "despite being a new spieces" the Who is that pokemon segment already features Meltan with name and typing. I am wondering what they will do to unsure no more metal is eaten?

Well when it comes to Ash's potential Meltan I would imagine that when Ash is handing out the bowls with the pokemon food in it to his different pokemon, I'd imagine that Ash will probably give Meltan a food bowl that is full of nuts and bolts in it, unless it turns out that Meltan can eat other stuff besides Metal, however at the moment the only thing we know about it's diet is that it likes to eat Metal however it's not yet clear or confirmed that it couldn't eat something other then Metal.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I'm sure Kukui can scrounge up some spare metal for one lone Meltan.

Alright episode but I saw it mostly as set up for next week's one

Reactions: i2i

ShadowForce720

Shaymin was literally right next to a Gracidea flower when it appeared, then Mallow grabs it and says she'll take care of it until it can fly away, despite it clearly having the ability to already do so

You do realize that if Shaymin hated being around Mallow that much, that it would constantly be trying to escape, however the fact that Shaymin doesn't try to escape and seems to be comfortable being around Mallow means that it's not in an abusive household, no matter how you may try to argue it.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
This was probably the most "ok" episode of the anime I've seen in a while. It was good to see Team Rocket again and the throwback to James' bottlecap collection and seeing Professor Oak and Muk again was pretty cool.

I also guess Ash has a Meltan now. Neat.

Pretty mediocre. 4.5/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
It was nice to see more of Clefable's personality, cleaning the Ultra Guardian's base. Also, I know that the Meltan were mischievous but they didn't deserve to receive the treatment that Clefable gave them.

It's been some time (iirc) since James' bottle cap collection was brought up and when it does so, they get eaten.
On another note, I suppose if Meltan has melted the machinery in the TR base, it'll be difficult for HQ to contact them.

Forgotten about much like poor Tracey
Who is that guy again? I joke, I joke. He did top the list of anime characters fans were quick to reject.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
You do realize that if Shaymin hated being around Mallow that much, that it would constantly be trying to escape, however the fact that Shaymin doesn't try to escape and seems to be comfortable being around Mallow means that it's not in an abusive household, no matter how you may try to argue it.
Shaymin is at least smart enough to know that it needs protection, and these bumbling idiots are better than nothing

At the very least, it can convert some of the classmates' pokémon to the way of the Antimatter One, with help from Ash's Pikachu

:p

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Mostly served as setup for the Meltan exploration and a bunch of info dump. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I actually liked the species itself, it's always nice to get new 'mon and I like several objectmon but man Meltan is just so...bland-looking to me. Satoshi could've gotten an actual charming and spunky Steel-type like Sand or just been allowed to keep Bebenom. S&M's art / animation at least did a decent job bringing it to life. There wasn't even anything particularly interesting about its lore like Dusk Lugarugan's green flash evolution or Mukuroh's Seed Bomb mechanics. Why is it a "mythical" seriously? Lillie was holding it like a piece of trash. It certainly doesn't seem strong or unique either. At least Zeorora's episode with Dia really helped sell its status even if it just felt like a Lucario / Zoroark-tier 'mon.

Team Rocket were fun this episode, really liked seeing Hidoide hanging on Musashi's shoulder and Mimikyu being "whateve" about fighting the Meltan. I love how savage they portray Musashi as in S&M without making her look like a buffoon constantly but conveying that she is a villain talking about making a killing by selling the Meltan. Also shout out to the animators for actually drawing her like an adult in S&M and getting those proportions right.

I like Nagisa but I really do miss casual sea lion screen time, I mean I know the Eevee has taken its spot as Suiren's shillmon because she can't carry Oshamari around but he can get a bit exhausting at times. He's here for LGPE promotion, obviously, but this constant slew of antics and gags around his unruliness for a minute or two every other episode feels too on-the-nose at times even if it's a necessary evil for Ashirene. Also why can't they draw the haircut as well as they did in his capture episode? It looks so lifeless and painted on and makes me miss his shaggy, hippie bangs.

Last edited: