• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrival in Alola! Melty Metal Panic!! (1054)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Shaymin was literally right next to a Gracidea flower when it appeared, then Mallow grabs it and says she'll take care of it until it can fly away, despite it clearly having the ability to already do so
If it could have, it would have. As shown in SM109 and SM110, it clearly enjoys being with her. That is nowhere close to being abusive.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
If it could have, it would have. As shown in SM109 and SM110, it clearly enjoys being with her. That is nowhere close to being abusive.

Shaymin is at least smart enough to know that it needs protection, and these bumbling idiots are better than nothing

At the very least, it can convert some of the classmates' pokémon to the way of the Antimatter One, with help from Ash's Pikachu

:p
They're not idiots and no, it doesn't need protection. It could have clearly stayed hidden in the grass on Poni Island.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Shaymin was literally right next to a Gracidea flower when it appeared, then Mallow grabs it and says she'll take care of it until it can fly away, despite it clearly having the ability to already do so
Could it fly? Of course, person with whatever a kun is next to twilight! Maybe it just didn’t want to fly because they said it’s not actually the time yet despite those flowers being present. Kinda like if I had delicious hot-pipin muffins ready! I could eat them now but it wouldn’t be the right time yet!

And no you cannot have these muffins. >=(

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
The episode is actually good and was enjoyable, which I didn't expect. It doesn't have the low quality that is consistently associated with the filler episodes. This episode definitely reminded me of the Gible episode in DP and especially the Roggenrola episode in BW, from the eating metal trait (Gible) to the character design to the stack on top of each other to the flash cannon uses, etc.

DatsRight

Only have clips and bad quality videos to judge on, but didn't seem a bad episode. Liked Sophocles' tech coming in handy for a change.

Team Rocket's plot was fun, with James' bottle caps finally getting a mention (wonder if he'll ever discover those gold ones in Alola) and Meowth's precious ice cream once again snatched (aww, he shared it with all six members, if painfully). Also liked their Pokemon finally getting back in the limelight, with Mimikyu as usual not giving a damn. Oh well Mareanie at least got them a curbstomp cushion, after the usual poison glomp of course. Wait, did Meowth get his butt spanked????

Rowlet's bond with one Meltan (almost certain it was the butt monkey one from the start) was cute. Like when Rowlet isn't just a sleeping gag. Him seemingly inviting the guy into Ash's backpack was also sweet.

Professor Oak finally appears with his new VA, nice that Ash bothered to show this new breakthrough to him.

There's a lot of these things to go around, anyone considered the idea that SEVERAL cast members could catch one, and then maybe unite for Melmetal in some big arc?

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The Meltan are so cute. I love how cartoonish they are. It’s kind of scary how they get attached to something... and start eating it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked seeing so many Meltan even though it did make me wonder how such a rare Pokemon in the games could be so common in the anime, although this is SM so stuff like that doesn't matter too much. I liked getting to know Meltan, and I chuckled when everyone started touching Meltan as if they'd never seen such an interesting Pokemon before.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I liked seeing so many Meltan even though it did make me wonder how such a rare Pokemon in the games could be so common in the anime, although this is SM so stuff like that doesn't matter too much. I liked getting to know Meltan, and I chuckled when everyone started touching Meltan as if they'd never seen such an interesting Pokemon before.
Rare...?

Don't you need to mulch 400 of them in order to get Meltan in PoGo? That doesn't particularly scream "rare" to me

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Rare...?

Don't you need to mulch 400 of them in order to get Meltan in PoGo? That doesn't particularly scream "rare" to me

I mean the fact that in the Gen VII core games, they're exclusive to LGPE. Also, Meltan's supposed to be a Mythical, which are normally rare species of Pokemon.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I really don't like Meltan's size because it looks almost as small as Joltik. Seeing them all swarming around was entertaining and all, but this episode seemed like it was planned just to excite people about Meltan's availability in Pokemon Go.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Meltan are mysterious creatures. Eating metal and causing trouble for Ash and friends, Team Rocket, and Clefable. The marketing for Meltan has already come and gone, the dub was just too late.

Great seeing Professor Oak and Ash's Muk. It's been a while since we seen that pile of sludge.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What the heck was with the preview for this episode? TRio being that overdramatic is hilarious, but still, why?

Meltan do not understand that crowding around the whole will lead to disaster. Also, they are smaller than I thought.

Meltan trying to take Pokemon in a dark direction with their Magneton assault.

Meltan, you can defeat Clefbale! You have numbers and type on her!

Meltan regrets trying to eat Magneton as the classmates unintentionally torment it.

Electric moves? Interesting. Also, good job provoking it, Kiawe.

Boy, Kiawe, you could have phrased "that black ball in their nuts" better, but you didn't. Probably not as suggestive sounding in Japanese.

Meltan are magnetic, and apparently that's a common way to test if something is Steel-type according to Lana. Great job burning them, Marowak.

The bottlecap collection makes a wondrous return! And as always, a rare one is destroyed without delay! Why's Mareanie hanging on Jessie's shoulder though?

James interrogates a Pokemon Jack Bauer-style.

Oh, so the nut heads aren't actually necessary? Nice rescue, Rowlet. Hmm, the eye is probably gallium, that's liquid at slightly above room temperature.

Isn't that revenge a little unnecessary, TRio? You're planning on selling them, you don't want to damage the goods. Also, Mimikyu just isn't in the mood.

You guys are hiding behind Bewear. You don't exactly look good trying to act tough back there.

Spin, Meltan, spin! WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Professor Oak! And he return of Muk! Those eyes are very round when they spin their heads.

So many Meltan. I remember being ambivalent about them when first revealed but they grew on me quickly.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I didn't realize how tiny they were until I saw their size compared to Rattata!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Are these bolt pokemon the new squishy? That is what I was thinking as the gang was unintentionally poking one. Not considering the property damage, I sort of think it would be more interesting if they ate all of the metal in the area. Where do they come from? How much can they eat before getting full? Will they try to spread over the whole world? I wonder if they could become a menace to the region or if someone can teach them to be helpful instead?