• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrival in Paldea (009)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Lol these threads are dead. What killed the hype?
Because PM2023 is a whole new series with a new fanbase and some clinging on. A lot of old fans of the Ashanime are not watching or just commenting less in-general. I personally think PM2023 is great and the lesser amount replies and talk is just a product of the series being a departure in a way S&M was until conversation ramped up at around episode 50.

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
So far this series is very good, yes there are weaker moments and shortcomings but still better than expected, recently I had so much fun watching the SM series with my family. Here, Liko thinks and combines a lot, knows what to do and if she doesn't know, she looks for a solution, she is the type of girl many can identify with.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
here's the only question i've got.

Did Liko's situation of her dad wanting her to stay get resolved or not?

also, I caught a shiny pig last night, how ironic it appeared today.

Sham

The Guardian of War
So erm, assuming that Liko or Roy starts challenging Gyms because of this episode, it would be very pleasant since I believe the lack of Gym’s or Gym’s adjacent was the main reason why powerscaling felt so weird in the previous series because visual goal posts weren’t being hit.

Additionally it would be nice to have our first female character challenging Gym’s (well on screen) and I’d be super interested seeing Liko or Roy rise to be a Champion of Paldea as the series concludes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lol these threads are dead. What killed the hype?
1. This is a series that heavily relies on actual storytelling with a lot of dialogue, which is unfortunate for everyone in this forum who can barely understand Japanese.

2. The characters don't do anything stupid, succeed doing almost nothing, or win through illogical things (or their foe suddenly being less than stellar for no reason), which pretty much means no long-winded discussions. Bonus points for there not being arguments towards those diehard fans who put Ash or someone else on a golden pedestal, devolving into petty arguments between people.

Ergo, it's TPCI's fault for giving a rat's ******* on no subtitles.

Last edited:

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Why was that lechonk acting like a feral hog in the south

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Because PM2023 is a whole new series with a new fanbase and some clinging on. A lot of old fans of the Ashanime are not watching or just commenting less in-general. I personally think PM2023 is great and the lesser amount replies and talk is just a product of the series being a departure in a way S&M was until conversation ramped up at around episode 50.
If anything that's a plus point for it, it means its actually being unique and fresh and people dont really know what to say or expect from it atm.
We needed that freshness

Im just commenting less coz life's too confusing for me rn and its kinda harder to stay as invested as it was during Ash's time coz like cmon, everyone was more emotionally invested in him even if they hate him. I am enjoying the series so far though, it just seems every ep isnt really that watchable until with subs

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So erm, assuming that Liko or Roy starts challenging Gyms because of this episode, it would be very pleasant since I believe the lack of Gym’s or Gym’s adjacent was the main reason why powerscaling felt so weird in the previous series because visual goal posts weren’t being hit.

Additionally it would be nice to have our first female character challenging Gym’s (well on screen) and I’d be super interested seeing Liko or Roy rise to be a Champion of Paldea as the series concludes.

They're going to the gym to see Colza because Alex said he had heard Colza mention he had seen a rare Pokemon that might potentially be Black Rayquaza (spoiler: it probably wasn't). The fact that Colza is a gym leader is just incidental, Alex doesn't even mention it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yikes then hopefully one can hope the next episode itself sparks Liko's (or Roy's?) interest in taking on the Gym Challenge as just a byproduct of meeting Brassius and taking on the Gym Challenge. I mean as long as it's not like with JN's and half of them ain't appearing but I miss Gym battles.

FxnAZRxWAAIVcjd

Also best part(s) of the episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yikes then hopefully one can hope the next episode itself sparks Liko's (or Roy's?) interest in taking on the Gym Challenge as just a byproduct of meeting Brassius and taking on the Gym Challenge.

FxnAZRxWAAIVcjd

Best part of the episode
Gimme Orla x Mollie cmon Pokemon

Btw, considering they'd want to pursue gyms (if they do decide to do them) just for the sake of getting stronger so they aren't harassed easily by the explorers and can meet the legends they pursue would mean becoming a champion isnt really important for them, just getting stronger. That allows them to just challenge gyms in any region they go to in any order to try to get stronger without having to get a certain set of 8 or obsessing over it
It'll be good imo to have that, lets older characters have a purpose

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yes.
Btw, considering they'd want to pursue gyms (if they do decide to do them) just for the sake of getting stronger so they aren't harassed easily by the explorers and can meet the legends they pursue would mean becoming a champion isnt really important for them, just getting stronger. That allows them to just challenge gyms in any region they go to in any order to try to get stronger without having to get a certain set of 8 or obsessing over it
It'll be good imo to have that, lets older characters have a purpose
I hope not tbh. I think only Raihan (he was a mandatory since he's heavily connected to Leon), Marnie/Piers, Allistar/Bea and Opal showed up leaving Nessa, Milo, Kabu, Gordie/Melony etc out the picture.

It could be something like an Ash situation. Being a Champion is important to him but it wasn't his overall goal completely. So I think they could proitoize wanting to do the Paldea League and wanting to be stronger against the Explores.

In fact I think the only character who showed a clean interest in collecting badges, winning the league and becoming the regional Champion was Trip. All the others had other stuff going on.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes.

I hope not tbh. I think only Raihan (he was a mandatory since he's heavily connected to Leon), Marnie/Piers, Allistar/Bea and Opal showed up leaving Nessa, Milo, Kabu, Gordie/Melony etc out the picture.

It could be something like an Ash situation. Being a Champion is important to him but it wasn't his overall goal completely. So I think they could proitoize wanting to do the Paldea League and wanting to be stronger against the Explores.

In fact I think the only character who showed a clean interest in collecting badges, winning the league and becoming the regional Champion was Trip. All the others had other stuff going on.
But if they do older gyms we get justice for characters like Kabu, Gordie/Melony, Nessa and others

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Sooo they're pulling a Hugh.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I’m happy we are getting dialogue heavy episodes, but man I should learn Japanese

Why did I take a contract for the summer?