• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrival of a Rival (480)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, it's not silly... Comparation's something that will always exist, Cyber body. And I like Nozomi more than I like Drew... 'Cause the ONLY thing I liked on him was that, in the beginning, he didn't like May much. After some time, I started to dislike him over and over... He's just a cocky kid, and I don't care about him.

The more you post the more obvious it is you barely watched AG at all.

In any case, Nozomi is a fine character but she's nothing to get excited about so far. I'll wait for the lesbianism to truly kick in and to see how her attitude continues in the next Contest eps.

HoennMaster

Drew/Harley > Nozomi

She is better just because she is a lesbian and yelled at Ash, please.

Red Ryu

She seems more like a tom-boy than a lesbian. People seriously jumped on the, "She's a lesbian bandwagon" a little too early.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She seems more like a tom-boy than a lesbian. People seriously jumped on the, "She's a lesbian bandwagon" a little too early.

[img139]http://i14.*******.com/400chgn.png[/img139]

Nozomi is doing the same thing here that Drew did to May.

Just take away the roses and replace them with sunglasses.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
Wow does mimiroru know mega punch?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But I talked about the very begin of the series... I did say he changed after that. ;)

Except for the fact that Drew didn't *hate* May in the beginning of Hoenn either. He acted like a jerk toward her, but he never disliked her.

Putting on a jerk persona is what wins you cute girls, that's why Drew acted like a jerk toward her until she started blushing over him later on.

Girls like guys who play hard to get and act like a jerk to them, while nice guys finish last. Why do you think May got a crush on Drew instead of Ash?

Weav-vile

Totally!
The way he used to act made me feel like he disliked her. In the dub, here in the country I live, he even called her 'loser' when they first met...
Later on, he kept ofensing her all the time, over n' over... But then he started to admire her, and they became more close... Then I started to dislike him too, 'cause he didn't dislike her anymore, and I don't like that girl who took Misty's glory. :D

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Later on, he kept ofensing her all the time, over n' over... But then he started to admire her, and they became more close... Then I started to dislike him too, 'cause he didn't dislike her anymore, and I don't like that girl who took Misty's glory. :D

Aw, you're upset that they actually introduced a heroine and got rid of Misty?

Misty never had any "glory" because she was never meant to be important in the series. It's your own fault for thinking Misty was some important character and spent the entire AG era on some false sense of hope she would return. It's quite repulsive.

All your anti-AG bias comes because the writers got rid of precious Misty. It's quite pathetic.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Aw, you're upset that they actually introduced a heroine and got rid of Misty?

Heroine? LMAO, you're way too funny, guy! Have you think in working as a clown, by the way?
And I'm not anymore, now your *precious* May was replaced, didn't her? :rolleyes:
Pretty awesome, oh yep.

Misty never had any "glory" because she was never meant to be important in the series. It's your own fault for thinking Misty was some important character and spent the entire AG era on some false sense of hope she would return. It's quite repulsive.

You're just stupid in saying Misty never had a glory. She has had her glory moments, and I believe there's a pretty amount of people who like her that would be offended by what you just said. A person who says that must be a lunatic... I don't have a better classification for your species.
And I always thought Misty would return, yeah... And she can return one day, anything can happen, duhhh.
Just because you're a too-long-time fan of the anime, it doesn't mean you know all of it and can tell us everything will/would happen, genius.

All your anti-AG bias comes because the writers got rid of precious Misty. It's quite pathetic.

Of course it does not!
AG was very boring in Hoenn, nothing exciting happened, nothing; not even the contests. I prefer Misty's moments in Johto...
Only Battle Frontier helped AG get better, 'cause Hoenn + May + boring lil' brother didn't help much; actually it only f*c*ed up with the series for me.

Last edited:
^ Uh...Geodude is right you know, this is Shinou we're talking about. Which leaves me to say this: I think the contests in Shinou are pretty cool after seeing this episode!

I mean I kinda like it how the battle points are formed into a cirlce since it knida looked stylish (as how Super Contests in the games are supposed to be). Nozomi has that "Drew" stare towards Hikari so you know what that means...

As I'v said before, Aipom put up a pretty good fight! If there was no time limit, Aipom could've had a chance to win, but of course, Nozomi had to take the victory. Masukipp+Jessie=finals made me happy too!

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Okay after watching the episode, now I'm *really* curious as to how far the show people are willing to take the Nozomi/Hikari dynamic. (I also posted the following under spoiler in the Appealshipping thread.)

Right before Hikari and Nozomi battle:
Hikari: Atashi, tanoshimi de tanoshimi de shouganai no. (I can't help feeling this is so fun/exciting.)
Nozomi: Eh?
Hikari: Datte, hajimete no taikai de anata no you na Coordinator to batoru dekirundemo. (Because I'm able to battle with a Coordinator like you even though it's my first Contest.)
Nozomi: Kawaii koto iunda ne. (You say such cute things.)

Then again, right at the end before Nozomi leaves:
Hikari: Dattara hitotsu iitai koto ga aru no. (There's one thing I want to tell you.)
Nozomi: Huh?
Hikari: Atashi mada mada kakkowarui kedo itsuka anata yori suteki ni Pokemon wo miseru Coordinator ni naru. Datte anata ni makete monosugo~ku kuyashindamo! (I'm still pretty uncool right now but someday I'll become a Coordinator who can show off my Pokemon even more amazingly than you can. That's why it's sooo awful to lose to you!)
Nozomi: *laughs* Aikawarazu kawaii koto iunda ne. (Always saying such cute things.)

And uh, yeah, I did the translations myself using no dictionaries or anything, but I think they're not too off. I get the feeling this "kawaii koto iunda ne" is like Nozomi's equivalent of Drew throwing roses to May. XD

Weav-vile

Totally!
OK, so exactly what does yet another pointless Misty vs May debate have to do with this episode?

Nothing...
It's just that I said I prefer Nozomi over Drew/Harley and some crazy AG fanatics came to ask why would she be better than the others... Which is really pointless, since each one got his/her own opinion. The problem's that some people here don't accept other's opinion, and think they are absolutely right in their empty thoughts, you know... So debates like that come around! =/
Sorry for going so out of the topic.
About the episode, I've already said: Fantastic; and Nozomi rocks <3

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Okay, I also discovered something else while watching the episode:
They made a really big point about the difference between Contest battling style and normal Pokemon battling (i.e. Gym battling) style.

The most obvious example of this was Nozomi telling her Nyaruma to use Shadow Claw to block/deflect/cancel out attacks instead of using it to directly attack Pokemon that it can't affect. The first judge pointed out that Nozomi's unconventional use of the Shadow Claw attack exemplified the fact that Contest battles are about showing off your Pokemon's moves, especially using your opponents moves to better show off your own moves. Gym Battles, on the other hand are much more about doing damage to the opponent and taking them out, which was the strategy that Ash was aiming for, since the one thing that Contest battles have in common with Gym battles is that you can make the opponent lose by fainting their Pokemon.

It's true that Nozomi did tell Ash that she probably would have lost if that Focus Punch had connected, but immediately afterwards she added that Ash's battling style is suited to Gym Battles and not Contests. Ash acknowledged this, saying that after trying it out for himself in this Contest he realizes that he totally forgot about showing off his Pokemon's moves, which led to Hikari mentioning that he only entered because Aipom wanted to, and that led Nozomi to suggest that Ash lend Aipom to Hikari. And that question was left hanging!

Last edited: