• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrival of a Rival (480)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. IMO, Zoey’s kinda wrong. One can participate in both contests and gyms if they want. Ash shouldn’t have acted so surprised. It’s only common sense that when an opponent stands his/her ground, it usually means he/she is preparing to counteract against you and NOT laying back as Ash said. It was cool to see a Shadow Claw in the anime. Ash, Dawn, and Zoey were all pretty good.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Nice episode, as was the last! I'm really enjoying the use of the Seal Balls in the anime. Makes me wanna use them more in the game, since i'm not.

One of Sinnoh's attacks made a debut in this ep. Shadow Claw.

I still have mixed feelings about the CGI animation in the show. Although I like the use of it, to me, it kinda down-grades the anticipation on seeing the upcoming movies that also have CGI animation.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Was Dawn's mother rather *****y to Dawn in the original episode? Her attitude almost ruined this episode for me. My gosh, it was her first contest! I can understand if this were her 4th.

The episode was pretty good aside from Dawn's mother. Glameow's tail got pretty creative when it battled Ash and Dawn. I thought for sure Jessie was having Carnivine use Power Whip during battle.

I hope Ash does enter another battle with Aipom before it may evolve (does that need to be in spoilers since so far Aipom hasn't evolved yet?).

Anko

This episode was cool. Glameow use of Shadow claw impressed me. Buneary jumping on Glameow's back like a trampoline got a laugh out of me.

Medea

Excalibur
Okay now...

-Not much do I ever hear that normal types aren't affected by ghost attacks, but good to keep that in mind. I just remember that there would be no mentioning in the 4Kids dub to my memory.
-In one sense, I do agree with what Zoey said to Ash about contest and gym battles. But on the other hand, I started to think about Nando (from a couple of episodes back). Then again, I never liked the idea of Ash competing in contests and I never will.
-Surprised by Jessie making it all the way to the final round without having to battle a "twerp". But her costume still makes me ill inside! Makes me miss her Jessebella costume from Battle Frontier.
-Dawn's mother...Holy crap! Usually from the mother's of this show, they would be a little more supportive, but God damn! Okay, I understood because if you noticed at the beginning of Ash and May's journey, they barely called home. Just within the last two episodes, Dawn called her mother for every little thing. Well, I guess you have to cut the embilical cord somewhere in life (perhaps at age 10). But Johanna surprised the hell out of me!
-*sighs* When I saw Zoey leaving and saying goodbye to Dawn, made me think of you know who and you know what! Drew & May! Genius!
-And finally, Appealshipping! God bless it!

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Pretty good. I like Shadow Claw's effect. Personally, I expected it to be like all other physical attacks, only with a black glow instead of white.

Teh Goodzors:
-Zoey getting PO'd at Ash because he does Gyms but entered this one Contest. Wonder what she'd do if she met Nando?
-Wow. Jesse made it all the way to the finals. Shweet.
-Aipom FTW! Definately my second favorite Main-Character-Pokemon, ahead of Piplup in third and behind Croagunk in first!

The Badzors:
-As Medea said, Dawn's mom was just plain rude. I mean, you can't go relying on people, of course. But still, Dawn's only 10, she didn't need to be like that!
-Ah...Lollipop-Hair didn't say her catchphrase. Instead a simple "There's that phrase again"
-GAAAH! STOP WITH THE "REMARKABLE!"
-I still hate Jesse's outfit. Does she change by the next Contest? Please say yes...

;453;Over and Out!;453;

Last edited:

Blaziryu

I didn't like this episode, heck I don't even like PKMN contest episodes at all. I hope Ash learn his lessons, which don't enter any PMN contests at all & just leave for Dawn or any future female traveling buddy. Zoey looks & sounds like a lesbian.

Wynaut?

Not bad, good contest ep to come off the back of the last one. :)

I'm not much of a Zoey fan to be honest, especially after her reaction to Ash thinking about doing both contests and gyms.

I also hope Ash doesn't give Aipom to Dawn. Aipom's probably my fave Pokémon in the group at the moment, and I just don't think it'll get as much action as it does with Ash.

Deception

is back
I didn't like this episode, heck I don't even like PKMN contest episodes at all. I hope Ash learn his lessons, which don't enter any PMN contests at all & just leave for Dawn or any future female traveling buddy. Zoey looks & sounds like a lesbian.
Zoey is no lesbian. Not one time in both Jubilife contest episodes has she shown lesbian behavior. Please explain why you think she is lesbian.

Back to the episode, Glameow was surprisingly powerful and creative with it's tail. It took a lot of punishment from Buneary's bouncing.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan

Wait, so any girl that chooses to be a tomboy is immediantly a lesbian? Boy, that sure is generalising, isn't it? Does that make Misty a lesbian, too? She was a tomboy.

Please explain with some good reasoning why she was 'oh so obviously' a lesbian.

;453;Over and Out!;453;

The episode was enjoyable, I liked the fights. I didn't like Zoey yelling at Ash about how he can't enter in both, he should be able to enter both for what he wants no matter what any one thinks. Zoey control every one with a whipe and make them do what they want to do. And no I don't want Aipom with Dawn, that was very rude of Zoey to suggest. I am really hoping she gets betean by some one who likes both than that would show her. Anyways other than that I really liked it. I'm really enjoying this season, my favorite thus far.

ShadowDragon16

Did anybody notice Glameow kept saying "Nyruma"? It seems they english writers didn't change Glameows voice.

Dax

Legend
Did anybody notice Glameow kept saying "Nyruma"? It seems they english writers didn't change Glameows voice.

Yeah, I noticed that too. In one scene the cat clearly said Nyaruma. I love Glameow's japanese.

Buneary is so good in this episode. When he used Bounce in Glameow's back she was funny and powerful. I love her. :D

I loved the creativity in the battles, especially how they used Glameow's tail.

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
I hated how good of a battler Buneary was. It hasn't even been in a real battle yet and can stop an Iron tail with its ears. I think Dawn should have had more trouble battling too. I still like this episode, but I think that Ash should have done better then Dawn and battled Jessie first. I'm Kind of getting repetitive now so I'll shutup.