• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arrivederci

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
[IMGsize=700]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/11Js1xudAOw/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMGsize]

94.png
380.png
385.png
647.png
448.png
142.png

So, I'm a lot late with posting this team here since XY's been out for a couple of months and everyone's moved on past BW2, but to be honest I just completely forgot to post it so better late than never, right? This is the team I used in pretty much any serious battle towards the end of BW2, including the final battle and any OU battle in the Fifth Gen Finale tournament, which this team won for me. The team was centered around Expert Belt Gengar's lure potential to take out things such as Tyranitar and weakened Jirachi and Heatran so I can sweep with Substitute + Calm Mind Latias, which is one of the most underrated threats in the BW2 meta. It has it's way with Stall teams lacking phazers, helps me against Sun and Rain teams, and many offensive teams can't touch it if they give it a chance to get up a Sub on something weak or locked into a resisted move. The rest of the team helps to break down walls, revenge kill if things set-up, and make Latias's job a lot easier.

---

094.gif

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind

Expert Belt Gengar is such a great lure in BW2. It can come in to revenge something slower or off of Jirachi's U-Turn, do the revenge killing job, then usually get another KO as the opponent brings in something that resists whatever move you just used, but not all Gengar's moves. It gets ridiculous which lets it hit everything for neutral damage. The main reason he's here is too lure in Tyranitar by killing something with any move besides Focus Blast, then hitting Ttar with Focus Blast. It also gives the team a decent enough switch in to most Landorus-T's, and a spin blocker against stuff like Donphan and Forretress without Gyro Ball. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast gives neutral coverage with it, then I have boltbeam coverage since Scizor isn't really a threat thanks to the other members of this team. EV's give the most speed and power, and Expert Belt lets me bluff Scarf.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

No matter how prevalent Tyranitar is in BW2, this is Latias's best set because of the amount of things it can set-up on, Dragon Pulse hitting everything, and it's ability to just shut down most Sun and Rain teams. It can set-up on threats like Keldeo, Offensive Heatran, Rotom-W, Venusaur, Breloom, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Gliscor, Magnezone, and nearly every choiced revenge killer. Substitute with Calm Mind is just better than additional coverage, since it allows you to set-up on walls packing Thunder Wave and Toxic, and also punishes the opponent if they switch out. It can also give you a free switch if the opponent tries to trap you with Tyranitar. Sub and Calm Mind let you set-up, Recover gets back lost health, then you just spam Dragon Pulse. The speed gives you faster Subs, the bulk is better than power because most of the time you'll be at +6, and Leftovers are just because Leftovers.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 112 Spd / 252 Atk / 144 HP
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch / Trick
- Healing Wish

Credit to DU for the EV spread with this Jirachi. Bulky Choice Scarf Jirachi gives this team a revenge killer to other Scarfers, a momentum grabber, a possible late game cleaner, a dragon switch in, a wall crippler, a Pokemon to take on the team's Ghost weakness, and a great support Pokemon that can heal an injured teammate. This guy just does everything that the team needs and is really the glue that holds it together. Without him, most dragons would sweep me, and I would have nothing to combat set-up sweepers. Iron Head and U-turn are really the only attacking moves I need, since Iron Head gives me STAB along with flinch chance, and U-turn lets me escape counters. Trick is useful by stopping walls that are annoying like Ferrothorn, as well as keeping Dragons from setting up. Healing Wish is great for bringing back
usually Keldeo, Gengar, or Latias from almost dying. EV's let me get the jump on Scarf Toed, with the rest in Attack and bulk. Edit: Took out Fire Punch for Trick while typing the RMT since I derped from not using this team for so long and forgot it's how I beat Lucario :$

647.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is just a ridiculously powerful wall breaker, that is great for wearing teams down for a Latias or Lucario sweep, as well as luring in things like Tentacruel and Amoonguss that Latias loves setting up on. It also is great at taking most hits from Tyranitar and Scizor, and can rip apart the common sand offensive teams in the meta, as well as making rain teams pay the price. It addition, it's one of the only choice users that isn't complete set-up bait after you see what move it uses, since Specs Hydro Pump will 2HKO so much in the meta. Hydro Pump is your main STAB, and just blows everything out of the water. Secret Sword it great for hitting things like Chansey and Blissey that bother Latias, Hidden Power Ghost hits Jellicent pretty hard, and Icy Wind hits Dragons. Specs makes him the wall breaker he is, and the EV's give him max speed along with as much power as possible.

448.gif

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Lucario serves as this teams secondary win condition, and as another wall breaker for Latias after an SD boost. He also gives the team priority to revenge Scarfers faster than Jirachi if whatever member that resists the Scarfers move is gone. In addition, he is used to scare Tyranitars so they won't Pursuit or Crunch my Latias, giving Lucario a free set-up. He also helps break annoying things like Ferrothorn, and helps against Alakazam. Swords Dance lets him function as a secondary sweeper, Close Combat is his main STAB, Extremespeed hits faster threats hard, and Bullet Punch lets me beat Terrakion and Gengar. Life Orb boosts power, and EV's give me as much power as possible. There really isn't much to say about Lucario, since he's really only on this team to scare Tyranitar.

142.gif

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 184 Spd / 212 Atk / 112 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Aerodactyl is just here to get rocks up, and stop the opponent from doing the same. I use him instead of Terrakion because I really don't want to rely on a speed tie to keep rocks away. Aero's also cool because he outspeeds and hits the tier's main spinner, Starmie, hard, and hits the rest of the Spinner's pretty hard as well. The only once he can't scare away is Donphan, and Gengar wrecks him. Stealth Rocks helps the general force switches nature of the team, and Taunt helps the team's members not get worn down so easily, as well as disrupting stall. Stone Edge hits the Water type spinners and is a great STAB, while Fire Blast can sometime surprise Forretress and Ferrothorn, but not so much anymore since Fire Blast on Aero's become more common that Earthquake. The EV's, and actually the whole set, were borrowed from DU's team (He posted it when I was building this team, and they happen to work great for me too so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.) They let me OHKO some Scizor and Forretress while letting me outspeed what I need to.

---

So, that's the team I used for a while towards the end of BW2, and I felt it was solid enough to make an RMT for it. It fits my offensive minded playstyle great, and is just a solid, fun team to use. Hope you guys enjoyed my half-assed RMT ;]

HTML:
Gengar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 112 Spd / 252 Atk / 144 HP
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 184 Spd / 212 Atk / 112 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Gengar: Icy Wind is weak and Gengar rarely needs to slow targets down (eh, if it takes the hit). I'd rather run Hypnosis: Though inaccurate, it's nice to put an opponent to sleep when it hits. Or, EVEN BETTER, Substitute (with a Black Sludge instead of an Expert Belt) to block Thunder Wave, Toxic, Sleep-inducing moves and Will-o-Wisp, or to prevent an attack from KOing Gengar. Or if you REALLY want BoltBeam, then run Hidden Power Ice instead.

Keldeo actually finds use in Icy Wind, that one's OK.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Gengar: Icy Wind is weak and Gengar rarely needs to slow targets down (eh, if it takes the hit). I'd rather run Hypnosis: Though inaccurate, it's nice to put an opponent to sleep when it hits. Or, EVEN BETTER, Substitute (with a Black Sludge instead of an Expert Belt) to block Thunder Wave, Toxic, Sleep-inducing moves and Will-o-Wisp, or to prevent an attack from KOing Gengar. Or if you REALLY want BoltBeam, then run Hidden Power Ice instead.

Keldeo actually finds use in Icy Wind, that one's OK.

Icy Wind keeps Dragonite for setting up on Gengar, which many try to do if they think it's locked into something. Same thing goes for things like Landorus (T) and Gliscor. Substitute's an options, but it ruins the Scarf bluff, as does Black Sludge. Icy Wind will do enough damage to things I need to use it against, and doesn't come with the IV troubles HP Ice does. Really the only thing I'd consider changing Icy Wind for is Hidden Power Fire for Scizor, but the team handles Scizor better than it handles a +1/+1 Dragonite.

First off id like to say nice team Sparky :)
Second im very happy to see icy wind gengar, it is a very underrated choice but is incredibly effective due to the suprise factor.
Only thing i might consider is focus sash with destiny bond over t-bolt on the gengar but other than that nothing i see here needs changing