• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arriving In Style! (554)

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I actually liked this episode. I thought the interaction between James and Brock was interesting. Poor James, though. He goes to all that work on those accessories (which I thought were pretty cool), only to have Jessie ruin everything with her crackpot makeup job. Dawn and Buneary looked really good though, and Buneary's routine was better than any of her Contest appeals. Ash looked...ugh, well, all I'll say is that he definitely deserved the "most unique" award. ;)

BTW, did anyone else here think that Hermione looked like Edna Mode from The Incredibles? That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.

Shadow Quilava

I actually liked this episode. I thought the interaction between James and Brock was interesting. Poor James, though. He goes to all that work on those accessories (which I thought were pretty cool), only to have Jessie ruin everything with her crackpot makeup job. Dawn and Buneary looked really good though, and Buneary's routine was better than any of her Contest appeals. Ash looked...ugh, well, all I'll say is that he definitely deserved the "most unique" award. ;)

BTW, did anyone else here think that Hermione looked like Edna Mode from The Incredibles? That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.

I thought that she looked like Edna a lot but there are are going to be some people here that might say that she looked like Blaustein. But I think that Edna is the character that she was created to look like.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
The episode was really cute!

My favorite part was when James sees Jessie (or Jessalina) and Wobbuffet in all that makeup and ruining his little "simplicity" plan for them.

"It looks like they tried to kiss a make-up truck!"

Also Cocoa seems to be named after Coco Chanel if anyone did not figure that out already. I had a feeling that was gonna be the dub name for her.

uber gon

Accept Change
I though she was speaking in French say those words. So emphasis on "Paris", her name towards the capital of France.

At least she wasn't portrayed like Paris Hilton.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
This episode was okay, all the characters were pretty interesting. I loved the interaction
between Brock and James. I didn't really like the whole stylist thing, I'm not into girly things. Contests are at least pleasing to the eye but this was just girl stuff IMO.

chimkong

The overall episode was really good, except for the Ash's (Jungle boy's) embarassing "costume". They could've made it unique through any other means. I didn't like it, for it is a kids' show, and my 9 years old sister was sitting right next to me. My sister really liked Dawn's costume. At the end she said to me that, "if you wanna win the master rank contest in the game, make it simple." but I replied that it doesn't work that way in the games. See, the anime really influence the kids' way of thinking.

EDIT: I always knew that Brock and James have similiar way of thinking, and this episode confirmed it

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was ok; not really the best one I’ve seen. It always seems Ash has so much difficulty to get a gym battle. So many characters in this episode are the ones I can’t stand; snotty, stuck-ups. I also like how Ash and Dawn get introduced and not the others. Thought James’ reaction to Jessie’s makeup was hilarious. Also, I find it strange that Ash & co still hasn’t known that Jesselina is really Jessie despite her having used the same costume a billion times. Kinda like how Paris always seems to be saying ‘tambien’ (Spanish for ‘also’). Liked James’ part of the changed motto. Coco REALLY annoyed me. So glad she lost.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This episode might've been another Girls-can-relate episode. Dawn, Paris, Coco, and Harminey could've all been similar to how girls are in Fashion shows and pageants.

Every time I see a DP BD episode, I always have multiple things to say about them, they're still doing a good job on the episodes. All in an orderly good fashion.

Rebeccag

Quite enjoyed this episode for a filler and I liked the character of Paris although Cocoa annoyed me slightly. Glad that Dawn won though wouldnt have been able to stand it if Cocoa won
Shame that Ash couldnt get his gym battle as well although im sure he nwill get it ^_^

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
An awesome, no, a great episode! Amazing entertainment for in between times!

There have been three highlights today, so let's get started:

When I first saw Ash on a preview picture wearing that skirt, I thought: "OMG, can that really be Ash??" and I had to look twice.
But having seen him again today in his "outlandish" outfit, I have to say that this scene was definitely today's funniest moment. Just hilarious!
And I really liked how Pikachu was performing with the drum on his back. Great work, Ash AND Brock, you really deserve the award for uniqueness!

The second highlight was James(and Brock). Both of them sitting together, praising each other's work, and behaving like good old friends and fashion experts was a entirely new and surprising aspect. My second "OMG- experience" today was when both guys were finally hugging each other! Priceless!
All their lines, especially James' ones were unique and it was good fun to listen to them.

Last but not least, Dawn:
Folks, I've already thought for quite some time that Dawn is the most beautiful girl of all of Ash's female companions, (Misty < May < Dawn when it comes both to beauty AND skill!) but her appearance today really knocked may socks off!
Dawn simply was GORGEOUS in her white skirt! I hope Cynthia,the almost perfect girl in the Anime, won't become jealous now, but I can't help admitting that Dawn looked breath-taking today.
But not only did see look great, her perfomance was also awesome, so it's just natural that she's the legitimate winner.

To finish my review: It was really a pleasure to watch this episode. Creative new ideas, combined with a gorgeous-looking Dawn and a funny Ash.

7 out of 10 points!

HoennMaster

I fail to see what everyone loves about this episode. I thought it was rather boring. Sure there were good parts, but as a whole not that great.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
While I did like this episode, I did spy a mistake. Buneary's feet were changed after it was touching Cocoa's Dress.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
At least she wasn't portrayed like Paris Hilton.

Thank goodness for that.

I guess my only complaint is that Lopunny didn't get much to do in this episode. I don't know why, but I always liked Lopunny a little more than Buneary.

Geodude

Kinda like how Paris always seems to be saying ‘tambien’ (Spanish for ‘also’).
Uh, no. Think about it. Her name is Paris. Paris is the capital of France. In France, they speak French. She was saying "tres bien", French for "very good".

I didn't realize why she was using French so much at first either.

gtab x3

I liked this episode as well. i hated ash's outfit, first off, what was he thinking? i liked that other girl, who had a mismagius, there should always be a character like that in there rivals. ames i found was pretty cool, even though the accesories were not ood and all, i liked his job on the motto. this episode showed how you can become a trainer, coordinator, or stylist, as a career.