• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arriving In Style! (554)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hearthome Collection! Road To Becoming A Pokémon Stylist!

Back in Hearthome City, Ash discovers that the gym is closed again. Disappointed, the gang soon find out about a Pokémon Styling contest. Everyone is eager to join in, including Team Rocket. However, as there can only be one victor and both the trainer and the Pokémon have to take part, it could be tricky. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I've watched the ep, Dawn wins 1st place because Buneary does an Ice beam appeal.

LOL, why is it every time Ice beam is used for an appeal, it always impresses the judges?

When people were saying about how ice appeals = instant win, they honestly weren't kidding.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
As far as I know the only prize she got was a tiara for her to wear with her dress. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know if anything else was said.

Satoshifangirl

As far as I know the only prize she got was a tiara for her to wear with her dress. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know if anything else was said.

That's probably the only price or else they had showed us ;) Well now i don't care Satoshi came 2nd 'cause what the hell should he do with a crown? and Hikari deserved it she looked awesome!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
This episode was pretty random, containing some very bizarre expressions and some very quirky characters. It'd help if I understood anything that was going on.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
She appeared to be a judge or something. She appeared first as a rather hostile character but then for some reason unbeknownst to me she warmed up to Dawn.

There was so much inter-character stuff going on, there was a bit with James talking to Brock in the crowd, I'd like to know what was happening there.

HoennMaster

It looks like not many people are talking about this episode yet...never thought I'd see the day. I hope she continues to use the blue dress in actual contests.

HoennMaster

It looks like not many people are talking about this episode yet...never thought I'd see the day. I hope she continues to use the blue dress in actual contests.

Dax

Legend
Finally Buneary wins something. It may not be an official contest but the cute thing needed an episode for her and she got it.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hearthome Gym must have gotten an overhaul since its last appearance, since it no longer has the giant Drifblim atop it. I honestly wouldn't mind if the MC from the Tag Battle was reused for all these types of tournaments. Also, the lady with the Arcanine reminded me of the rich Snubbull lady from Johto. And Dawn still sucks with appeals, even when she wins. Hopefully this tiara won't be forgotten and she'll actually wear it for contests.

Nowhere near as brilliant as the cosplay contest, but then again, every single reference may very well have flown over my head. Perhaps the highlight was James' outburst with Brock (helped by some over-the-top animation). Also, having a pseudo-contest in Hearthome while featuring a flashy trainer with a Mismagius was almost a slap in the face, given Fantina's flashiness, coordinator status, and having a Mismagius as her star Pokemon. That said, Piplup got a concussion. That has to merit some good.

Anyone think the artsy freeze frames were a little overused in this episode? Also, was that Movie 10 music at the very beginning? Or am I thinking of some other piece of BGM?

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
This episode was another good one, Hikari won with Buneary and ice beam, she then recieved a pretty tiara which happened to match her dress perfectly.Satoshi and pikachu dressed up caveman style, pikachu had a some sort of bongo on his back which he played with his "iron" tail then proceeded to use thunderbolt as usual.
Shame really i wanted Satoshi to win so badly, oh well.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Anyone think the artsy freeze frames were a little overused in this episode? Also, was that Movie 10 music at the very beginning? Or am I thinking of some other piece of BGM?
It's usually like a year or so after the movie comes out that they begin to use last year's movie BGM (for example I think July's Mismagius episode last year was the first to have Movie 9 music), so maybe.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Excellent episode, I actually liked it a whole lot.

It WAS a contest episode...in a way. It's like the appeal round for the official Contests, except the Pokemon gets to dress-up also and there are only just two judges. It was quite a disappointment though that there wasn't a lot of appeal screentime and all they showed was just a scene of the trainer and Pokemon. Anyways, Brock and James sitting next to each other was really a surprise. Ash's costume was funny but had a unique appeal with Pikachu. Dawn looks great in that new dress and Buneary did a great performance so I'm glad she was able to win over that other competitor. The tiara looks great on her and Buneary. I wonder if it will be used again later?

As a final note, I thought the last scene with Buneary, Pikachu, and Piplup was awesome. Funny to see.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
It's usually like a year or so after the movie comes out that they begin to use last year's movie BGM (for example I think July's Mismagius episode last year was the first to have Movie 9 music), so maybe.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Excellent episode, I actually liked it a whole lot.

It WAS a contest episode...in a way. It's like the appeal round for the official Contests, except the Pokemon gets to dress-up also and there are only just two judges. It was quite a disappointment though that there wasn't a lot of appeal screentime and all they showed was just a scene of the trainer and Pokemon. Anyways, Brock and James sitting next to each other was really a surprise. Ash's costume was funny but had a unique appeal with Pikachu. Dawn looks great in that new dress and Buneary did a great performance so I'm glad she was able to win over that other competitor. The tiara looks great on her and Buneary. I wonder if it will be used again later?

OrangeJumpsuit1

This episode was another good one, Hikari won with Buneary and ice beam, she then recieved a pretty tiara which happened to match her dress perfectly.Satoshi and pikachu dressed up caveman style, pikachu had a some sort of bongo on his back which he played with his "iron" tail then proceeded to use thunderbolt as usual.
Shame really i wanted Satoshi to win so badly, oh well.

That would of been funny to see Ash get a tiara.

uber gon

Accept Change
Huh, so there wasn't a ribbon in this contest...lame.

Meh, at least Dawn won something in Hearthrome.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
lol someone at youtube is actually complaining about dawn winning this and says it's unfair to May.

How I don't know cause it doesn't seem that way.

Dawn's new dress is kinda cute, hope she keeps it for later, though i do gotta say it's kinda unfair her skit won and the woman with mismagius didn't win after what she did, but at least each of the main three earned a win in a "side-competition."