• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arriving In Style! (554)

Cobalt_Latios

BTW, did anyone else here think that Hermione looked like Edna Mode from The Incredibles? That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.
Sure, I suppose I could see that. I also laugh that her name is Hermione. At least it's an original name this time.

This episode was ok; not really the best one I’ve seen. It always seems Ash has so much difficulty to get a gym battle. So many characters in this episode are the ones I can’t stand; snotty, stuck-ups. I also like how Ash and Dawn get introduced and not the others. Thought James’ reaction to Jessie’s makeup was hilarious. Also, I find it strange that Ash & co still hasn’t known that Jesselina is really Jessie despite her having used the same costume a billion times. Kinda like how Paris always seems to be saying ‘tambien’ (Spanish for ‘also’). Liked James’ part of the changed motto. Coco REALLY annoyed me. So glad she lost.
??? Um, no... she was saying très bien, "very good". Very forced French, but it was French.

I fail to see what everyone loves about this episode. I thought it was rather boring. Sure there were good parts, but as a whole not that great.
I can say I was a bit unsure as to whether or not it would be any good, but the amount of comedy sure made up for it (James and Brock's scene was just priceless. The writers really seem to enjoy pushing the obliviousness of the main cast as far as they can).
Granted, I did find it a bit too predictable. I mean, c'mon, it was almost certain the Dawn was gonna win. Well, at least in the aspect that the whole concept is cliche to begin with...

Uh, no. Think about it. Her name is Paris. Paris is the capital of France. In France, they speak French. She was saying "tres bien", French for "very good".
Yeah, I knew she was speaking French. Although, I think it would have been a bit better if she at least had a mild accent. I don't mind if the French would have been a bit rough, but I find it more "believable" when there's at least some kind of accent.

I didn't realize why she was using French so much at first either.
I did, but didn't really think much about it mainly because of how it was used. You know when in some shows they'll use a French word or two for one specific thing if it's exceptional? Yeah, that's how I initially thought it. Then she kept using it...
meh, au moins elle utilisait un peu de qualité. The VA at least made a mild effort to make it sound right.

Well, I hope this means that Fantina will have an accent int he dub then.
If she doesn't have a Spanish accent, I'll be disappointed.

All in all, I ended up enjoying it to some extent. Sure, it wasn't a high profile episode, but I found it enjoyable. The scenes with Brock and James were just perfect. I mean, I know that even in the lightest disguises Team Rocket is invisible, and the writers know this, so they pushed it as far as they could. Which made it even funnier.

There were some other neat mentions, like where Dawn remembers a key tip from Zoey. And, anybody surprised that Brock can make outfits really doesn't know him. Sure, it seems odd, but he had to know these things.

Piplup was quite literally "thrown" in for good measure. Oh yeah, they just had to have the penguin randomly appear. I don't remember you being in the first half of the episode...

Overall, not bad, great humor, and a decent lesson. Many nice references were made too.

6/10.

~C_L~

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
I have to say I liked this episode much better when I couldn't understand it. The dub ruined it for me. Paris=not French at all. The only decent accent was Lady Coco's.

I actually liked Piplup's interuptions. *shot* Trying to take out TR's mecha and failing made me laugh. Also getting rejected by Buneary.

Whoever's a fan of BrockxJames must be in heaven. Those two had great scenes together.

While it's great that Dawn keeps remembering Zoey's advice, does this mean all we're going to see from now on is unbelievable wins based on boring appeals? Honestly. Ash was so much better then Dawn this time.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I fail to see what everyone loves about this episode. I thought it was rather boring. Sure there were good parts, but as a whole not that great.

To each his own, I suppose. I personally loved it because of slight character development for Dawn and the (very funny) interactions between Brock and James. James seriously made this episode for me. :)

Warped Reflection

I thought that this episode was one of the best in Sinnoh. I like that Paris was speaking French during this episode. I also, like Dawn's appeal for this episode. I think it was really well done and that there will be more episodes like this in the future.

ccangelopearl1362

A Pokéstyling Contest I see now, and it would seem that Dawn gave Coco a lesson in style simplicity. I'd say that Ash deserved that award for uniqueness, and I did chuckle at the hug Buneary gave Pikachu when Paris announced Dawn's victory. As ever, poor Team Rocket's plans were foiled, but this time, the results may have been even uglier (hint, hint) than Jessie, James, and Meowth thought. A lighthearted episode this was, and I will agree with the narrator about Dawn and Ash's new experiences from the Hearthome Collection.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I thought this was quite a nice episode, Dawn and Buneary did really well and i thought the Mismagius looked quite good as well.

The Mismagius trainer was a little full of herself and that's why she lost.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anyone noticed Hermonine looked like Maddie Blaustien?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Episode that not helping a lot to the Anime. Any episode without battles are getting less interestings.
I also wanted to see more from this Luppuny but she did not do much.

That robot that TR used looked just like a pink version of King Drazil, the final villain in Digimon: Data Squad. Seriously, I would be surprised to find out they didn't get the design from that. So few people watch Digimon, so they wouldn't likely forsee anyone noticing the relationship.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pokemon Styling Contests seems like a fun new addition to the series. I wish we had them in the games, they seem more entertaining that the Super Contests are. At least Dawn got a chance to show off her style in the anime.

Anyway, lovely filler episode. Not much action but certainly a lot to see in terms of fashion and Pokemon alike. 8/10.

Last edited:
What I don't get is: what were the unique award and accesory award?
The grand prize was a miniscule tiara and chance to work on a project with that magazine; but they didn't actually show what the prizes were that went to the other two finalists. As far as we know, the only thing that Ash and Coco recieved that the first-round losers didn't get was an honorable mention. What gives?

GalladeX

Oh GOD. This was the episode where Ash dresses like Tarzan. That was really wierd. "Pokemon Dress Up" makes Poke's seem like dolls or something..
Didn't like this episode.
5.8/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah, the ongoing secret bromance between Brock and James, gotta love it. LOL :)

This episode would have been better if it hadn't been for the obligatory egotist gal who insists she had the stuff to win (you just knew there had to be one for an episode like this), but Team Rocket help make it interesting, with James and Brock's bonding in the stands, and Jessie destroying the look James made for her and Wobbuffet, to James's horror. LOL I also thought Dawn did a great job showing off Buneary too, and Ash and Pikachu's were hilarious.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy contest episodes and I liked this one. I liked the appeals and Brock and James were really funny. Glad Dawn won, good episode.

Antiyonder

Overlord
My favorite moments:
- Ash's costume design being shown.
- James' frustration with Jessie modifying his designs, as well as Brock providing his compliment and overall opinion.
- Cocoa getting her comeuppance.

Now for some imput, I'm looking through the series to determine whether the majority of the episodes contribute to the Season or are fillers. Now Dawn obviously does goes on to improving as a Coordinator, so did Zoey's advice (as shown in flashback) prompt such an improvement?