• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Artist Corner v.3 [Warning: images may be over 500 kb]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
rpsM4rP.png

Welcome to the third thread of Artist Corner! If anyone remembers this club which it use to be a popular Club for awhile where all fellow artist came to the club to join forces no matter what area of art they are familiar with from Painting,Drawing,Charcoal drawing,Pencil Drawing,Pastel Drawing,Ceramics, Graphics Design, and many more mediums. Artist corner is a Club where everyone will come together and help other fellow artist become better at what they do. I wish to revive this club and bring back to its former self and strive to have a clean and healthy fun enviroment for everyone to have fun with there creativity.

Artist Corner Rules
1.) Follow Serebii rules as well as serebii Club Section Rules
2.) No Flamming/Trolling/or rude comments of any sort
3.) Never go off of topic meaning nothing out of the art topic
4.) you may post your pieces of art for others to see and they have the authority to critique but remember everyone critiques are here to help not hurt so please don't take some responses offensive there here to help not hurt.
5.) we shall have artist of the month where each member will have a chance to show a piece of art on the front of this thread for everyone to see.
6.) Have fun and stay active :3

Application to Join:
Username:
Favorite Medium(style of art):
Have any pictures to share?:
How long did you like art?:
why you joining and what makes art special to you?:

Some Discussion Topics
Drawing
Charcoal Pencil Drawing
Ceramics
Painting
Graphics Design
Color Pencil Drawing
Sculpture
Point of View
Famous Artists

Artist Club Members

coming soon!

Last edited:
Wahh no members yet! Time to get this a little started. ^_^

Username: Sweet May
Favorite Medium(style of art): Digital (yay for CTRL+Z LOL)
Have any pictures to share?: n-none at the moment!!
How long did you like art?: If we're talking about graphics, well I started in 2004. I wanted customize my profile page and since then, I've been creating digital designs like signature banners, wallpapers, and icons. For art, I started taking art seriously in 2006 because I was too in love with an artist's work that I wanted to imitate/be like them, lol.
why you joining and what makes art special to you?: I am joining to become better at both graphic design and art! I don't know why I find art so special to me other than it's fun.

Yep, that's my form. Hope to be accepted. =D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Wahh no members yet! Time to get this a little started. ^_^

Username: Sweet May
Favorite Medium(style of art): Digital (yay for CTRL+Z LOL)
Have any pictures to share?: n-none at the moment!!
How long did you like art?: If we're talking about graphics, well I started in 2004. I wanted customize my profile page and since then, I've been creating digital designs like signature banners, wallpapers, and icons. For art, I started taking art seriously in 2006 because I was too in love with an artist's work that I wanted to imitate/be like them, lol.
why you joining and what makes art special to you?: I am joining to become better at both graphic design and art! I don't know why I find art so special to me other than it's fun.

Yep, that's my form. Hope to be accepted. =D

accepted and welcome to the new updated artist corner ^_^ I can't wait to get us started again ;)

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop
Username: KetsuekiR
Favorite Medium (style of art): Digital
Have any pictures to share?: Not yet >~<
How long did you like art?: Well I've always been interested in graphic design but I'm getting more and more into it ever since I started doing CSS a while (about 5 months?) ago.
Why you are joining and what makes art special to you?: I think art is the greatest way one can express oneself and I'd love to gain inspiration, experience, advice and knowledge from all the awesome artists in the forum (and I know there are a lot of amazing ones!) so that I, myself, can one day, do the same for another newbie like I am now!

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day ^.^

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: KetsuekiR
Favorite Medium (style of art): Digital
Have any pictures to share?: Not yet >~<
How long did you like art?: Well I've always been interested in graphic design but I'm getting more and more into it ever since I started doing CSS a while (about 5 months?) ago.
Why you are joining and what makes art special to you?: I think art is the greatest way one can express oneself and I'd love to gain inspiration, experience, advice and knowledge from all the awesome artists in the forum (and I know there are a lot of amazing ones!) so that I, myself, can one day, do the same for another newbie like I am now!

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day ^.^

man sorry for the late response life got me a tad bit busy but accepted

lets get this thread started why don't we :p

Topic: It seems so far we have graphic designers here what drawn you to the graphics design medium?Why?

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop
Yay~! :D

It seems so far we have graphic designers here what drawn you to the graphics design medium?Why?
I suppose it's got a tad bit to do with my slight, slight OCD which makes straight lines and sharp images more appealing than modern "art" with colour blending and all. Another thing I love about it would be Crtl + Z and the other shortcuts that make life so much easier! Also, you can great moving images life .gifs only through digital media xD

Belated welcome to the club, KetsuekiR! :D

What has drawn you to the graphics design medium? Why?
Well, as I mentioned on my form, I wanted to customize my profile page...see I used to be on neopets before SPPF so after seeing others' pages look so spiffy, I wanted mines to...look spiffy too. LOL. At that time I was completely new to the Internet and a lot ofcomputer-related things so I didn't know programs like Photoshop existed. I just used MS Paint...the results were really bad. XD Then once I was on SPPF, I found it pretty fun to make banners and I was given Photoshop so a lot of doors opened for me cuz there were so many things you could do on the program that I couldn't do on Paint.

Yep, just my story. I would like to make some graphics again since it's been so long. D: I did start a signature banner but it's currently incomplete...not as much free time as back then.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Ey, what the heck. I was actually browsing the old thread like a week ago wondering why not opening a new one. <_>

Username: Archangel Armada
Favorite Medium(style of art): Pens, Pencils, and some Digital
Have any pictures to share?: Uhh... My siggy. Mostly because I used to have a laptop who had no gimp so I pretty much stopped doing digital art. I did it still but with a more basic program. So I am re-learning how to use Gimp again and my sig is such a result from it. also this: http://pre11.deviantart.net/8fb9/th/pre/i/2014/006/3/8/fantasy_world_perspective_switch_by_kalyxarmada-d717gaz.jpg made using a single pen. Also this which I made with the inferior "gimp" before the laptop crashed: http://orig04.deviantart.net/fb09/f/2015/247/f/5/awakeningfbbanner_by_kalyxarmada-d98eiok.jpg
How long did you like art?: For a long time I guess? Had a few classes growing up. I enjoy looking at others works as well and draw inspiration from it although I have seem to drift apart on painting and drawing which is why I wanna join *^*
why you joining and what makes art special to you?: Because I feel the need to re-inspire myself to paint again. I have sooo many canvasses that I haven't used. Last time I drew was at work and that was one of the pen arts I linked to. I actually want to remake a painting I did long ago that was destroyed by a friend. I really liked that painting yo ;^;.
What makes art special to me is that I can express and voice myself with it. Like people who stand up and make great speeches, art can do the same with no words, but imagery.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ey, what the heck. I was actually browsing the old thread like a week ago wondering why not opening a new one. <_>

Have any pictures to share?: Uhh... My siggy. Mostly because I used to have a laptop who had no gimp so I pretty much stopped doing digital art. I did it still but with a more basic program. So I am re-learning how to use Gimp again and my sig is such a result from it. also this: http://pre11.deviantart.net/8fb9/th/pre/i/2014/006/3/8/fantasy_world_perspective_switch_by_kalyxarmada-d717gaz.jpg made using a single pen. Also this which I made with the inferior "gimp" before the laptop crashed: http://orig04.deviantart.net/fb09/f/2015/247/f/5/awakeningfbbanner_by_kalyxarmada-d98eiok.jpg
How long did you like art?: For a long time I guess? Had a few classes growing up. I enjoy looking at others works as well and draw inspiration from it although I have seem to drift apart on painting and drawing which is why I wanna join *^*
why you joining and what makes art special to you?: Because I feel the need to re-inspire myself to paint again. I have sooo many canvasses that I haven't used. Last time I drew was at work and that was one of the pen arts I linked to. I actually want to remake a painting I did long ago that was destroyed by a friend. I really liked that painting yo ;^;.
What makes art special to me is that I can express and voice myself with it. Like people who stand up and make great speeches, art can do the same with no words, but imagery.

late response once again cord is busted on my laptop so will be slow accepted but welcome to the third reborn artist corner thread archangel armada been awhile ;) accepted feel free to answer the question or start a new topic which I am totally the opposite actually haven't done traditional art in awhile and doing more digital graphics XD anyway I wanted to bring it back because it was pretty sad it just died out of no where which not sure where the head post person went :/

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
late response once again cord is busted on my laptop so will be slow accepted but welcome to the third reborn artist corner thread archangel armada been awhile ;) accepted feel free to answer the question or start a new topic which I am totally the opposite actually haven't done traditional art in awhile and doing more digital graphics XD anyway I wanted to bring it back because it was pretty sad it just died out of no where which not sure where the head post person went :/

Awesome <.> I saw too :c Nice, well the future calls now to digital so digital it is :D

Don't know what to ask so I will answer the topic *^*

Topic: It seems so far we have graphic designers here what drawn you to the graphics design medium?Why?

What drew me to Graphics Design was pretty much seeing signatures here in this forum. I pretty much wanted to make something unique for myself and show it. So it all started here.
I actually want to start doing traditional art and transfer it to digital like I have seen in other places: create your own characters, landscapes, creatures, poses, etc.; even though it seems I am moving very slowly in said direction.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop

Have any pictures to share?: Uhh... My siggy. Mostly because I used to have a laptop who had no gimp so I pretty much stopped doing digital art. I did it still but with a more basic program. So I am re-learning how to use Gimp again and my sig is such a result from it. also this: ... made using a single pen. Also this which I made with the inferior "gimp" before the laptop crashed: ...

Hey there! Welcome to the club! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here :D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thank you!! :D
I will. I am trying to get back into Serebii and making banners/graphics. Seems I have been dormant here and there *^*

yeah I hope to see some nice banners/graphics from you again :3 I remember you being in sworn's shop years ago ;) Sadly I don't use gimp much so I can't help but wish I could though :c but if you ever get your hands on photoshop at some point I am all here to help ^_^

also maybe I should answer my own question right?

Well what drawn me to the graphics design mostly was the first time I came here on serebii which I stumbled upon the art shop/fan art section which I saw some really nice graphics from mew/~light which he had a art shop which now he is gone as well as the shop and was a good friend of mine for a short while here on serebii until he got married and left serebii :/ I seriously wanted to strive to get better using photoshop as well as heighten my digital graphics work on my CS6 which use to be the old Photoshop elements I use to use before it. I don't but it was something I loved to do which I still love to get better in the arts.

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop
So I was browsing through my hard drive and I found installation files for PS CS3. I'm wondering, is it good enough for low key stuff like avatars, signatures, banners, etc. or no I need CS6 or CC to do really good ones? How much of an advantage is there when it comes making the stuff I mentioned?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So I was browsing through my hard drive and I found installation files for PS CS3. I'm wondering, is it good enough for low key stuff like avatars, signatures, banners, etc. or no I need CS6 or CC to do really good ones? How much of an advantage is there when it comes making the stuff I mentioned?

I haven't tried PS CS3 but I think I had a friend on the forums use that no problem with banners which his banners look pretty good still which that I think is fine to use because what I use to use was really super outdated which was like years ago in high school which was elements at the time which was very limited on the text font, couldn't really download new brushes and etc. I think PS CS3 should work fine for a decent banner try it out and post it here if you like and im sure someone will answer for help ^_^ I use PS CS6 if your curious but it doesn't hurt to use CS3 that isn't too outdated like my old elements which is probably before windows vista XD its a pretty old program. I still though have one thing which I have trouble trying to get things animated on PS CS6 though which I have to use my old one to get it animated as well as I use gimp to speed up the gif if its going too slow.

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
yeah I hope to see some nice banners/graphics from you again :3 I remember you being in sworn's shop years ago ;) Sadly I don't use gimp much so I can't help but wish I could though :c but if you ever get your hands on photoshop at some point I am all here to help ^_^

also maybe I should answer my own question right?

Well what drawn me to the graphics design mostly was the first time I came here on serebii which I stumbled upon the art shop/fan art section which I saw some really nice graphics from mew/~light which he had a art shop which now he is gone as well as the shop and was a good friend of mine for a short while here on serebii until he got married and left serebii :/ I seriously wanted to strive to get better using photoshop as well as heighten my digital graphics work on my CS6 which use to be the old Photoshop elements I use to use before it. I don't but it was something I loved to do which I still love to get better in the arts.

Yeah I was! I'll miss that guy <_> :c Maybe I should join a shop to give it a shot, but I still need to brush (pun!) on my skills again. Recently I have been rendering characters to use on my banners and I am actually proud of this:

http://kalyxarmada.deviantart.com/art/Lucina-Full-Art-Card-Render-559009868

I was surprised how patient I turned out to clean that cluttered picture *^*
It's okay if you don't use gimp <.> I think I still retain some of the basics just by looking at the program, lol.

Seems most of us got drawn to digital by some type of forum haha.

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop
Well digital art really does shine on forums! I use GIMP but since I'm a little lower than a novice in it, I can't make anything fancy xD I'm getting better though so maybe soon I can make somethign worth showing you guys! Till then, bear with me! xD

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well digital art really does shine on forums! I use GIMP but since I'm a little lower than a novice in it, I can't make anything fancy xD I'm getting better though so maybe soon I can make somethign worth showing you guys! Till then, bear with me! xD

If only the freaking desktop wouldn't have given up on me I would actually be willing to teach you!! I used to use GIMP a lot before getting Chrome and then switching to Windows.

Here (If I can post it): http://kalyxarmada.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48
-From this page and on and I guess on the other folders you will see the banners I actually did while improving and using GIMP.

Actually have a banner I need help on choosing which one looks best <_> I tried deviating from Blue since I actually use it a lot. Went with Pink. They have been done for a while but I didn't like both of them. I guess I just want opinions on them since it/they were one of the first banners I made while re-starting my GIMP use *^*

rleSBbd.png

DH3TtuK.png

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop
If only the freaking desktop wouldn't have given up on me I would actually be willing to teach you!! I used to use GIMP a lot before getting Chrome and then switching to Windows.

Here (If I can post it): ...
-From this page and on and I guess on the other folders you will see the banners I actually did while improving and using GIMP.

Actually have a banner I need help on choosing which one looks best <_> I tried deviating from Blue since I actually use it a lot. Went with Pink. They have been done for a while but I didn't like both of them. I guess I just want opinions on them since it/they were one of the first banners I made while re-starting my GIMP use *^*

Wow, your art is amazing! It's fine, I'll keep improving and maybe I'll catch up to you one day!

I like the one with the pink background just a tiny bit more. I couldn't tell you why, it's more of a subconscious thing really xD

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

Here (If I can post it): http://kalyxarmada.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48

rleSBbd.png

DH3TtuK.png

those banners are pretty good archangel armada :3 I think the pink does look a tad bit better but blue can work you just need to blend it a certain way to make it look good. I am not sure but does gimp run gradients? I tend to use the gradient tool to blend a few colors together for example with blue and red which makes purple which is a decent choice color for fairy type pokemon renders. I actually use that as a more fairy type look for a backgrounds for fairy pokemon or characters. I sometime use that type of background color for a sky look as well as you can see with sweet may's banner. I just noticed your banner backgrounds are solid straight one color which you could use a tiny bit more of a gradient background but that is just me and my opinion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.