• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

As Clear As Crystal! (244)

pokemon fan 132

I liked this episode.It had nice plot,being filled with interesting events like there existing special lace with crystal which can rejuvinate electric types and of course appearance of Legendary pokemon Zapdos.
Going from start it was funny seeing rather intense ton of conversation Ash and Misty had backed with witty remarks,just to whitness one of usual failed attempts trying to steal Pikachu coming from Team Rocket.
It was nice seeing teamwork from all electric types trying to help Zapdos in end everything ending in good way with Zapdos paying them off by recharging crystal.

Unexpected and good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why did they show Zapdos and not Raikou? Suicune and Entei appeared in Johto, and not just in movies. It would have made a lot more sense to have Raikou involved, ugh. It was ok with all the Electric Pokemon out and about. I think that, by adding in Zapdos to this episode, they saved it from being another Johto Filler. Zapdos anime debut is worth something at least. Half-decent so 4/10.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Wow Ash and Co must be stupid if they didn't recognized TR's hot air balloon.
Not a bad episode, nice to see Zapdos again. It didn't really get an actual appearance in the anime aside from a robot version of Zapdos.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Seeing a Zapdos is a rare thing...
I liked to see all those Electric pokemon.:) The show really needs some more eps like this episode.

Vernikova

Champion
I like that Zapdos appeared in this episode and the idea of "A lake that heals Electric-type Pokémon". I thought the Pokémon trying to make the crystal work again to help Zapdos was a nice thing to see.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was awesome seeing Zapdos for the 1st time in the Anime, Zapdos rules! It was funny when Misty said she liked Ash as a Pikachu much better. It was cool seeing a few other Electric Pokemon as well. The crystal was really cool, I'm glad they were able to get it glowing again. The lake and its powers were really cool.

50/100

I liked how this episode began with Ash still a Pikachu and then returning to normal a few moments later. It was funny too when Misty commented that she liked him better as a pikachu. LOL

This was a pretty good episode, and it was nice to finally see Zapdos in a regular episode. I liked seeing all the different electric pokemon as well.

I totally agree, Ashachu deserved two episodes and he got those two episodes! And seeing Zapdos was indeed nice! Ash telling Misty she doesn't need a beauty sleep is great PokeShipping evidence, many people in the PokeShipping thread say that Ash is not romantic, while he definitely is! And this proves PokeShipping from Ash's side, 10/10, the PokeShipping is already enough, Ashachu makes it even better! The small details make this episode so great for me.

Seeing Zapdos was awesome. This was actually a pretty good episode. I enjoyed myself especially when Zapdos came and the electric Pokemon were trying to save it and help it out. The Crystal lake healing Pokemon was a good idea. Team Rocket was good in this episode and they really do have bad luck in this show. I mean just when they think they won, a Zapdos comes. Those guys just can't catch a break. And of course watching the Johto episodes, you really see Wobbuffet as their fourth member and he does have a charm about him. Too bad he's still not in BW along with Mime Jr., Yanmega, Carnivine and Seviper.

7threst

I enjoyed seeing my second-favorite legendary bird, Zapdos, in this episode. I didn't really enjoyed this filler that much though. It wasn't that interesting aside from whole concept with the crystal under the lake. Some of the filler episodes between the seventh gym and the eight gym were really solid, but simultaneously are some of the filler episodes, in my opinion, quite boring.

Blessed

A good episode, nice to see Misty's temper again at the beginning. Krystal was a good COTD. The crystal lake was so pretty and seeing Zapdos make it's anime debut was cool too.

Last edited:

Zamin

Amazing episode! 5/5!

I was not expecting Zapdos to show up like that so it was so awesome when he did.

This is one of the best episodes I have seen in a long time!

zhixun

Nice to see that there are many Electric Pokémon in this episode. Rocket should used some of the electricity from Pikachu to prevent the explosion from overcharge. I missed the Sonans balloon for a long time but they should have strengthen it to electric attacks.

I agree with what was said earlier in the thread, that it's cool to see Legedaries appear in just normal episodes like this. :)
I thought it was going to be Raikou showing up, instead of Zapdos.

Pikachu52

They could easily have written about 5 to 10 episodes featuring Ash as a Pikachu but instead chose to transform him back to his human form within the first five minutes of the this episode. Ashachu had so many potentials it's a terrible shame that it was glossed over and featured so little in this and the previous episode. As for the main parts of this episode, it was a fairly generic filler.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned
Meh seeing Zapdos was OK and all but since this episode was set in Johto I think it should've been Raikou who showed up instead...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh seeing Zapdos was OK and all but since this episode was set in Johto I think it should've been Raikou who showed up instead...

I was happy to see Zapdos here regardless. I think it totally deserved an anime appearance cuz Moltres and Articuno had gotten one themselves. :)

JudySpell

Banned
Zapdos making an appearance was a nice treat but the plot here just wasn't that strong even with a Legendary Pokemon involved. 5.5/10