• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

As Long As I'm With Sprigatito... (003)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Am I the only one who doesn't get the it doesn't feel like pokemon comments?? Like it's literally two people going on an adventure, doesn't get more pokemon then that. The pokemon and everything are still animated the same and they're still having characters from the past series being the pokemon themselves. While we may not get any returning characters for awhile, I never really expected them tbh because they would still be brand new to Liko and Roy.

Like lets say Professor Oak appears at some point, that doesn't mean we're going to see a bunch of Ash references because they would likely mean nothing to Liko and Roy. The most we could hope for is like Bulbasaur being there or Muk hugging Oak.

It could be cool seeing older characters through Liko's eyes I guess but it doesn't make or break anything for me.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Maybe it doesn't feel like Pokemon yet because the fandom are not used to a higher quality in writing, pacing and animation?

Blame JN for reusing these dead and uninteresting characters again and again and for all that fanservice that lead to nothing for that fresh and clean state we got now to feel so different to the usual mess we got week for week in the past.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Am I the only one who doesn't get the it doesn't feel like pokemon comments?? Like it's literally two people going on an adventure, doesn't get more pokemon then that. The pokemon and everything are still animated the same and they're still having characters from the past series being the pokemon themselves. While we may not get any returning characters for awhile, I never really expected them tbh because they would still be brand new to Liko and Roy.
Honestly it's mostly just down to the steampunk airship. Which, tbf, movies have had those before but idk, the fact that the main setting of this series appears to be a steampunk airship helmed by a bunch of Super Kewl (TM) adults and a Pikachu wearing a captain's hat... did immediately feel a bit "Okay, so this is AniPoke now and that's bizarre."

Red and Blue

After years of anipoke following the same character doing the same thing, now we have a new character doing a new thing. So yeah, it's unlike anipoke.
Makes sense. It's kind of surreal to realize that this series will be the first time were there will be no big tournament at the end.

DuskAstral

also, regarding Mollie, i'm sure we will get a proper backstory why she chose a different path from other Nurse Joy because its clear she didnt come to the Pokemon Center with Liko because of it,
It's just an unproven theory.
Reluctance to enter a pokémon center doesn't necessarily mean she's Nurse Joy.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Liki is not that interesting to me
She is another nice and polite girl, without sassy or interesting traits, like Koharu or Lillie

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Before this thread derails into an unnecessary Serena discussion...
Maybe it doesn't feel like Pokemon yet because the fandom are not used to a higher quality in writing, pacing and animation?

Blame JN for reusing these dead and uninteresting characters again and again and for all that fanservice that lead to nothing for that fresh and clean state we got now to feel so different to the usual mess we got week for week in the past.
Word.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
This. Horizons is just....too good.
Well they gotta go all out for their first series without Ash as the main character

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly it's mostly just down to the steampunk airship. Which, tbf, movies have had those before but idk, the fact that the main setting of this series appears to be a steampunk airship helmed by a bunch of Super Kewl (TM) adults and a Pikachu wearing a captain's hat... did immediately feel a bit "Okay, so this is AniPoke now and that's bizarre."
It's not like weird wacky vehicles are a new thing lol. TR had about a million of them. Nor is it the first base that's weird, I mean Ash and the SM cast had a whole power rangers base under their school or something. I think the issue is that it's just new after ages of the same thing so people are like wait, what is this.
Makes sense. It's kind of surreal to realize that this series will be the first time were there will be no big tournament at the end.
Well this is a big assumption. We don't know what they will decide to do, I mean it's only been 3 episodes lol.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
It's just an unproven theory.
Reluctance to enter a pokémon center doesn't necessarily mean she's Nurse Joy.
Mollie has a pink hair, she's a healing expert and her partner Pokemon is Chasney, what else do you need to realize she's related to Nurse Joy?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
But there's absolutely no reason for a big tourney to take place as things are, unless Liko's family was secretly trying to train her to go into a secret tourney for succession or something.
Well, since Roy seems to be the designated battler of the two, I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter a tournament.

Not necessarily a Pokemon League, but just a random battle tournament.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But there's absolutely no reason for a big tourney to take place as things are, unless Liko's family was secretly trying to train her to go into a secret tourney for succession or something.
But we don't even know how things are at the moment other then we're meeting Roy and going to see Liko's mom lol.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So a polite, nice, educated, rich girl…. Reminds me of Lillie, only with a less corrupted face and going to a proper school