• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

As the World Turns Back Around

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Chapter 33

What's the problem, too wussy to run a con on a pretty girl?"

I'm liking this bit where she's throwing everything in his face and getting pissed, but the quoted portion sounded weird to me. Jovi being who she is, I can't really see her referring to herself as pretty. It just kinda goes against what I believe her self image to be. Well, I'm sure she thinks she's good looking but I don't feel like she's the one to comment on it.

Gotegrim's black ball with his fancy gold and red decor emerged next from the terminal.

Luxury Ball?

"Then let's roll out."

Wow I'm getting excited lol

The essences of life itself didn't thrill him or drive his motivation to wake up in the morning.

I'll second that lol. You did a good job with that quoted portion. Mainly because so many fic's fall into this habit of the beauty of the world/the existentialism of different situations/etc but Marcus is just looking at it for what it is and that's it. I like it

"Now it’s pissed and on fire."

Hah! Nice...Sounds like something Dorian would say

Grab Torchman's ball and return him, please. Set up a Barrier, Then try and find Ga'hoole and Terminator."

Forgot the beginning quotes there

The first was an old grey Noctowl,

Ga'hoole? As in the Guardians of? Please tell me you've seen it so I'm not the only one in my age bracket that has haha

I have but my crystal and the sensory organ in my head, but it works on different principles than your own senses."

You should make a filler chapter that delves deeper into that. Seems like fun

Looking back on what I've written so far I noticed that I didn't have as many comments as I usually do for each of your chapters. So I reread it and my conclusion is that the situation with Janie took up most of the chapter and instead of dissecting each portion as I go along like usual, I found myself just enjoying it and following it quickly. The battle so far has been wonderfully done. I was just so entranced by it I literally could notice nothing else. Great work buddy

Chapter 34

Bozo's Sperman punch had stunted

Superman

the human and his Pokemon caught behind a dam as the sea of death poured over and all around them.

Really nice visual there. In my mind's eye I see them flowing purple and black as they shoot past lol. Since you're using 'dam' as a focusing mechanism for the tide of ghosts, I do think that the word 'river' would work a little bit better. It would go hand in hand with dam, as well as the fact that river of death sounds better to me than sea of death. Just my opinion though lol

, sent a ripping Razor Wind through the Haunter's
body.

Formatting issue
there :p

"And now you fall, Little Bird."

BAM! I'm rooting for Janie's side in all this, but that Haunter had a lot of menace laced in those words and I liked it quite a bit.

Duranium, Titanium, Eternium, Lead, Salt-Peter,

I swear, every single one of your chapters I find a word that I have to immediately look up lol. I've never heard of Duranium before so well done. Good inventiveness too with the Salt-Peter to keep the ghosts out, I wouldn't have thought of that

he couldn't hear a night-patrolman's screams in agony as a thousand flaming fangs like knives within the conglomerated body ripped through his flesh, stealing away his soul, and his essence.

Wow that was violent. You continue to surprise me. I've come to expect inventiveness, and wordiness, and comedy from you, but this brad of violence is extremely surprising. Don't get me wrong, I really dig it, but just wow. You're really cranking the **** up to eleven

the room they emerg

Needs a capital

TThe room was empty now

One T too many

"You can't. I did. He's dead. I shot him. He's dead. Let's try something a little more coherent, shall we?" Ghetsis said non-shalantly,

Beautiful wordplay there buddy. Fit extremely well with Ghetsis's personality and I'm just loving how serious this has gotten. First of all, **** Ben, and I'm glad he got what was coming to him, but even though Jovi's been captured she's been pretty good about it, but when ghetsis threatened Quorra I'm finally seeing her break and that I'm not too fond of.

I hope you take me seriously when I say this, these last two chapters have not only been my favorite out of this fic, but out of all the stuff I've ever read from you. Despite a few pacing issue and grammatical mistakes, I thought you did a great job and I'm really excited for the next chapter. So, if it means you have to quit your job to get it out soon, you might have to make that sacrifice, because I'm ready and waiting buddy :)

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Alright, grammaticals fixed. Onto the commentary:

I wondered where you'd slipped off too. Stillw aiting on that writer's round table, by the way...

What's the problem, too wussy to run a con on a pretty girl?"
I'm liking this bit where she's throwing everything in his face and getting pissed, but the quoted portion sounded weird to me. Jovi being who she is, I can't really see her referring to herself as pretty. It just kinda goes against what I believe her self image to be. Well, I'm sure she thinks she's good looking but I don't feel like she's the one to comment on it.

Hmm. I can see where you are coming from, and yeah, Jovi's probably not the one to be trying on a million dresses, but when I read that, I hear it more as a taunt than I do anything else. One that inevitably complements herself, but obviously Jovi thinks Ben has been taken with her, and I can see her using "pretty girl" to play with his emotions and his guilt. And toying with his heart is DEFINATELY something I can see Jovi doing.

Gotegrim's black ball with his fancy gold and red decor emerged next from the terminal.
Luxury Ball?
:D

Ga'hoole? As in the Guardians of? Please tell me you've seen it so I'm not the only one in my age bracket that has haha
Yes, that would be the reference. No, I haven't seen it, although I'd like to someday. Seemed fitting for a Noctowl, though.

I found myself just enjoying it and following it quickly.
Done that many a-time

I swear, every single one of your chapters I find a word that I have to immediately look up lol. I've never heard of Duranium before so well done.
Good grief. SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A STAR TREK DVD, STAT! Eternium is another refernce to another Syfy show, I wondered if the people reading it might catch that. As to Salt-Peter, one of the things I watched for grins was Supernatural. Ghosts and salt, and Salt-Peter seemed the closest thing to someone standing on the tops of the walls and pouring salt into the cracks.

few pacing issue
I've wondered about that. I really wish I had the time to sit down and do this whole thing and throw it out in larger chunks. As it is, I'm doing good to stay on a bi-weekly (Which is more frequent that certain people and their psychotic villians possessed by bi/tri/pi?-polar ghosts at least... [/tease]). The next chapter doesn't really do everything I wanted it to do: I wanted to be farther. Don't get me wrong, its a natural breaking point, but I'd wanted a few more things done and resolved before, well, the cliffhanger at the end of this one.

And speaking of next chapters...
No Witnesses 2.4
WT CH 34

Turn back?

Deep in the Reserve, multitudes of Pokémon were huddled around a large pond. At its center, a large steel bladed Penguin had control of his crowd.

"Friends! My Fellow Comrades, Pokémon of this shire! As you have heard, crime"

"Save it, Bonaparte."
A two tone sea otter said, clutching the spikes from a long deceased Cloyster in place of the more recognizable shells.

Well, most of his crowd…

"Aww, would you give a guy a chance, Mulan?"

The manasury gave a collective chuckle.

"In all sincerity, Vin will say the same thing when he gets here too, but this is not a light matter at hand. We do not know who is inside. What Moto has gathered from Glover's research into the previous assault hinted at being agents of Cipher, but what he had gathered hinted that something was off."

"What we do know"
said a Xatu, "Is that there's something inside. The psychics all felt it."

"So did a few non-psychics." said a proud Lucario standing close by Mulan.

"Something Dark." agreed a Grumpig. "Powerful too."

"Which is why," Vin said, slithering into the clearing. "I would strongly encourage you to think about going in there. Glover wouldn't be asking you to go in there on your own. Especially those of you with other trainers."

"No." Mulan spoke. "Glover wouldn't be asking to go where he couldn't."

"But you're right, he also wouldn't be asking those of you with other trainers to risk your lives."
spoke the Lucario.

"Well you’re not counting us out on the end of Pokémon kind." A Pidgeotto belonging to a blonde-haired girl of fifteen ruffled itself. “Some of our trainers don’t know or understand what’s in that building, but we do.”

“And we’re not letting anyone get anywhere close to unraveling life itself,” said a rather confident Caterpie.

"Or turn our brethren into enslaved monsters,"
another from the crowd called.

Vin slunk his way up to the center, blocking Bonaparte's view with his long serpentine body. "You all act like someone's knocked the Shamouti Current out of sync. Are there that many of you who just want to be heroes? I'm not condoning the actions inside, but there seems to be a lot of you without proper perspective."

"Does it matter?" Responded a Meinshao. "You who reference the Great Current, but forget what happened when they captured the Lugia here? What still happens? Perhaps you grow rusty in your retirement, Vin, you are forgetting the harmony of the world we live in. One Meinshao, a few Caterpie, an Empoleon, a Surperior may not add up to much now, but where does it go from there?"

Vin looked down at the ground. "Perhaps you are right, Tomoe, perhaps you are right. Very well, if you feel the end of the world is coming, and if you feel that you must lay your own life on the line without regard to your human, then by all means, storm the citadel, slay the knight. I'll be right there with you. But keep your actions in perspective. No one worth themselves here will think less of you for getting out now."

Boneparte nodded and gave his long-time friend and partner a friendly thwop and a shove.

"Alright. Those of you still going, I want larger Pokémon to form a perimeter around the place: be ready to contain when they make their escape. Fliers and fast runners will take stations to intercept anything that gets through the front line. Most of Quetz's air guard has been grounded by whatever's inside, so you're on your own. Cave dwellers who are agile enough to work in the hallways are going inside. Healers: Split up and spread out. All of you pair up and keep a buddy with you."

"I'll be at your side; Mulan."

"Always, Rowlf."

"You watch each other's backs. No one goes alone, no one is left helpless. If everyone's ready..."

---
Marcus found his attention split. No sooner had he found what his team desperately needed --backup-- than GaHoole hit the water with a painful smack. It was a clear choice where he needed to be, but he still hated leaving that radio behind.

"You don't even know if it still works." the trainer told himself. Marcus recalled Bozo and opened another Pokéball.

"We've got to get to GaHoole." He told the Lanturn no sooner than it had appeared. The flaming comet turned in its trail and charged after them as they hit the water.

"Get under, quick!" Marcus yelled as he grabbed a clunky rebreather mask from his backpack.

The big monster hit the water's surface. The inlet echoed with the sound of a rock falling. On the surface, the oily condensed surface of the creature burned slowly. The night sky filled with the sound of separated Gastly burning; not up but out to a literal death, trapped in the water's surface.

But many more of them lived on. The creature dropped slowly into the water, its new form still coalescing, it began to move through the water like a black silt, swallowing up everything as it moved through the depths. Marcus didn't have to tell his Lanturn to swim faster. Even weighed down by soaked denim, the trainer kicked with all his might to help push his Pokémon along.

---
Ace and Gotѐgrim dropped into small closet on the uppermost-floor. No one was up here; the rooms were still; the hallways echoing every faint noise.

"Anything?"

"No one here."

"Any idea where Guin is?"

"No. Not clearly, anyway. The shielding they buried in the floors isn't really helping me right now. I think I'm feeling the largest concentrations of life-forms in the basement though."

"Well, let's thank Arceus then that they aren't keeping them under the Purifying Chamber, or we'd never find them."

"Agreed." Ace felt a twinge and held his head in a sigh.

"Something wrong?"

"Yes. No. I'm not quite sure. Someone's massing an army outside."

"Are you surprised?"

"I probably shouldn't be, knowing Bonaparte. But this could be bloodier than I'd hoped or Glover would want."

"Agreed. C'mon, let's get to the base- Ace?"

Gotѐgrim merely blinked; turned away for a moment, and the Deoxys had moved. Knowing the viral creature; probably into the vents: a pathogen on a mission. And probably, not to the basement. Gotѐgrim smirked and checked his blades, ready for the coming fight.

---
"Well?"

"Well, you'd think they could do something in this big steel behemoth right, said a technician, wrapping on the Purifying Chamber's wall. "But whoever built this thing was a paranoid idiot."

"A paranoid idiot who apparently did his job better than you." Ghetsis corrected.

"Minutes. that's all I need. There aren't many subroutines that Quorra can hide in now that we know what she is."

---
-"Hello? Am I speaking to a Mr. Glover Davis?"

"This is he? What can I do for you?"

-"My name is Dr. Gregg, I'm from the Goldenrod City Methodist Hospital. I'm afraid I have some bad news regarding your daughter..."

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Oh, no! I've really been enjoying this story lately. It seems like it's reaching close to a boiling point.

Also, I've noticed Ga'Hoole was the Noctowl's name, and I love that allusion. I saw how you already said that you had drawn inspiration from the movie, but you do know that there's an entire book series on it...

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
A two tone sea otter said, clutching the spikes from a long deceased Cloyster in place of the more recognizable shells.

I liked that little depart from ordinary there. I don't remember for sure, but I believe this is the first time this Dewott has appeared? If so cool, and I'm already envisioning fight scenes with it. Switching up permanent appearance related things like you did add a lot of flair to the reading. It's funny how a little detail change like that gets me more pumped lol

"Well you’re not counting us out on the end of Pokémon kind." A Pidgeotto belonging to a blonde-haired girl of fifteen ruffled itself. “Some of our trainers don’t know or understand what’s in that building, but we do.”

“And we’re not letting anyone get anywhere close to unraveling life itself,” said a rather confident Caterpie.

"Or turn our brethren into enslaved monsters," another from the crowd called.

The passages with the random Pokemon throwing in comments was very well written. Did it take you awhile to plan out the speech, or did it just kinda flow out? I'm interested because my dialogue isn't as good as this at all. I usually come up with fast paced quips between my characters that I just write as quickly as possible. But the dialogue I quoted almost has a noble feel to it, along with other emotions attached that I can't really understand. Nicely done

"Alright. Those of you still going, I want larger Pokémon to form a perimeter around the place: be ready to contain when they make their escape. Fliers and fast runners will take stations to intercept anything that gets through the front line. Most of Quetz's air guard has been grounded by whatever's inside, so you're on your own. Cave dwellers who are agile enough to work in the hallways are going inside. Healers: Split up and spread out. All of you pair up and keep a buddy with you."

Decent strategy. Though for some reason I don't think it's going to go exactly as they planned

Marcus didn't have to tell his Lanturn to swim faster. Even weighed down by soaked denim, the trainer kicked with all his might to help push his Pokémon along.

Wow, I'll give the Ghastly one thing, they have determination. I keep wondering exactly where Janie is through this though

Gotѐgrim smirked and checked his blades, ready for the coming fight.

LMAO, he is such a badass. Let's do this!

My name is Dr. Gregg, I'm from the Goldenrod City Methodist Hospital. I'm afraid I have some bad news regarding your daughter..."

Ah, that answers my question I suppose. You do know that you are responsible for her well-being, because if she's dead I'm going to put my fist through the computer screen. Chilling and effective way to end the chapter too, it fit well because with all the upcoming action that's bouncing around in my brain, I completely forgot about Glover and Cay. I hope you spend some more time with her as well in the upcoming chapters, because as time has gone on, I've found myself enjoying her more and more.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I liked that little depart from ordinary there. I don't remember for sure, but I believe this is the first time this Dewott has appeared? If so cool, and I'm already envisioning fight scenes with it. Switching up permanent appearance related things like you did add a lot of flair to the reading. It's funny how a little detail change like that gets me more pumped lol
Yep, Dewott is new to my universe all 'round. Mulan was my starter in B2. As is the Lucario beside her

The passages with the random Pokemon throwing in comments was very well written. Did it take you awhile to plan out the speech, or did it just kinda flow out? I'm interested because my dialogue isn't as good as this at all. I usually come up with fast paced quips between my characters that I just write as quickly as possible. But the dialogue I quoted almost has a noble feel to it, along with other emotions attached that I can't really understand. Nicely done
It flowed, but only because I was using the same format that I did when Glover was in Meteor Falls in Tempest.

LMAO, he is such a badass.
No... No he's really not.

You do know that you are responsible for her well-being, because if she's dead I'm going to put my fist through the computer screen.
Now what kind of adventure story would I be writing if I went and kil- oh, that's right, one about the child AND the parents...

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
The Trouble with Witnesses Pt.1
WT CH35

Turn back?

"What's the matter? Who was it, what's wrong?"

"We need to get off at the next stop.”

“Glover, we don't change trains ‘til Anville. What’s wrong?"

"Janie. She's hurt. Someone's Golurk took her to the Daycare. We need to change trains; catch the next eastbound and get to Mistralton."

"Is she okay?"

"No, yes, I don't know! Broken leg, arm, bruising, fractures. Doc says she’s dehydrated. Thinks something chased her through the woods, but he doesn’t know what could’ve done that. She’s in shock right now."

"Glover. Is. She. Okay?"

"Doctor says she'll survive, but-"

"Then I'll go."

"She's injured. I can't leave her; she's family."

"She'll survive. The people in Gateon; their family too, and may be in more serious danger. Go, Glover. I'll protect her."

“My daughter…”
“She’ll be fine. Get your stuff together and let the Conductor know. I’ll see you in Goldenrod when you’re done.”

---
"Swim little Fishie," The Haunter lorded, "swim in fear." Below him, he watched. Beneath him, beneath the sea, beneath life, The Man Who Interfered swam for his life. He was trapped in the sea: to turn or turn back would be to be devoured.

It made the Haunter smile. Little did the little morsel below quite realize where he was heading...

For too long, he, the souls he looked after hid in the shadows of Ilex Forest. Banished by Time and Magic, they were shunned into the Darkness by the Light, forced under the watchful eye of the Guardian.

For a time, they were content. Content, with the occasional weary soul lost in the forest. Until She came. She had spunk, whet their appetite. She was a challenge, and she proved them weak.

She had the Light about her.

And because of her, many of his own had died.

---
"Gol?"

The big stone goliath set down outside Ilex forest. Signs of a battle still lingered, but he saw no sign of his master, or the enemy. Dawn was breaking now, and the sun was alight on a figure in a huddled mass. Terminator bent down and studied the remains: Human, but not his human. Terminator recognized the stained brass badge that he thought meant this man was one of those helper humans, probably came running without knowing what the situation was.

"Golurk. Gol. Golurk Go Golurk." He said to the remains, wishing them Godspeed and a pleasant rest, before taking his huge hands and carving a shallow grave. It didn't have to be big, there wasn't much left of the man.

As the big Golurk fished a large enough boulder out for a grave marker, he spotted an oil slick on the water. It was caughing and moaning; smoking and steaming. Whatever it was, it seemed to have been on fire when it hit the water and was still causing vapors off the cold inlet.

Golurk slammed the boulder into the ground at the head of the officer's grave and scooped the coughing water up with his massive carved hands.

"Ga...Gast...Gastly...Gas..." It wheezed its last words before Golurk saw its last essence fade out to rejoin the cloth of the universe. All that remained in his hands was a pile of sludge. Black, sticky, corrosive; but it gave him a clue. He couldn't get in the water, he was far too heavy, but he could fly over it. And maybe, just maybe, his Master was under there.

---

"And you can sit there like a good little Pokémon until we're finished." A guard huffed, throwing his latest guest to the ground. "And no funny stuff."

He made a loud and somewhat grandiose exit and slammed the door behind him, Failing to see the Raspberry blown his way.

"Grim! What on Earth are you doing here?"

"Guin, my Sister! You're okay!"

"I... Uh, I came to... uh... rescue you!"

"That was sweet. How'd you do?" she said with all the love and sarcasm she could muster. The others in the room rolled their eyes.

"Oh, it was valiant. I hacked and I slashed my way through, bang! Bam! Pow! I leapt over mangled piles of their bodies. Charged the stairs, threw myself over the railings to the floor below. Took them twenty men to stop me, and her I am now."

Guinevere stroked her brother's cheek. "That's sweet, Brother. You didn't make it off the first floor, did you?"

"...No."

"Have you ever actually used those things?" She chided her sibling, poking him in the arm.

"Of course! You remember, we trained in Veilstone. And Glover, he had Fiskars show me a few moves from when he was a Scyther, and... No. No I haven't. I'm sorry, Sis, I really tried. They just grabbed me. Something dark, something evil came out of the floor and hauled me through by my ankles. But don't you worry, Sis. Glover's coming. I was just the warm-up. Help is on the way."

---
"M'lord! You'll never guess what we found wandering the hallways!"

"A Deoxys?" Ghetsis replied, still eyeing the steel walls of the Purify Chamber.

"A what? No, a Gallade, sir."

"Same meaning."

"I don't follow sir."

"Never mind. Where did you put this Gallade?"

"In with the other prisoners, sir."

"You Fool!" Ghetsis turned on his heels and snarled at the grunt. "You don't give them hope! That Gallade was here to save them! If they know someone's coming for them, they'll resist. Every. Time. We're supposed to be their only hope.”

"Its opening!" A technician called.

"What?"

"The Chamber, its opening! I don't know how or why, but its opening!" As if to confirm, a single eight foot wide slab of the wall was swinging out, driven by three locomotive sized pistons. Its lifeless bulk was sweeping tools, bodies, and the unsuspecting out of the way with surprising speed for its tonnage.

Ghetsis made it in with one other person before he realized that was probably not a good idea. His first, and hopefully only, mistake. The pistons bled the pressure within them, and revealed that the heavy door was off-balance enough that gravity could pull it shut behind them. Sixty tons of sandwiched material swung shut with eerie silence until it met the door frame. The collision echoed through the walls of the entire Lab. Those who'd been there for its construction knew that sound: Someone was in. And probably wouldn't be coming out for a while. Everyone else just stopped what they were doing and turned to face where they felt the sound came from, with surprise, confusion, or horror.

Ghetsis' Cofagrigus appeared and placed its heavy coffin in front of Ghetsis as the room filled with lead. The Technician with Ghetsis wasn't so lucky, shielded only by his own computer.

And then the hail of bullets died down as swiftly as it came up. Ghetsis wasn't going to risk stepping into a line of fire though, he didn't have time to make two mistakes, so from his safe vantage point, he instead asked "Am I to take it this is my audience with Quorra?"

---
"I'm sorry." Ace bowed to the human that lay slumped on the floor. He'd been trying to knock them out-- leave them alive as Glover would've preferred-- but it wasn't until after the fight that he sensed the cell count of his victim had been up. A previous head trauma, and Ace had lashed at it with every ounce he had. Broke the skull; killed the brain, limp human. So he bowed to the poor man, and not knowing what else to do, he opened the Pokéball on the man's belt, apologized to the emerging Swoobat, and broke the sphere.

Then he left the body. He had two more floors to clear to get to the Purfying Chamber, Ghetsis, and the source of the problem.

He saw it before he could do anything about it: The shadow in front of the fire escape was peculiar and right in the middle of the door frame. Seeing limited options, Ace made the voluntary decision to dissolve his lower legs as the cold hands grabbed him. His body was already in overdrive and he relished the chance to use his reproductive systems again, so when he stopped his somersault down the first flight of stairs, his legs were whole again.

Momentary horror did fill Ace as he watched the shadow race from the landing to the wall and pour its way down the well-lit stairwell. It moved with amazing speed, Ace could dodge its last move, but had no time to fire his own.

He through the length of his tentacles up to a railing three stories up, grabbing hold of a railing on the floor above him to dodge a blast of Dark energy. As the shadow poured up the wall, Ace through off another discard of his body, several small spiky scales on the landing before jumping across to another flight of stairs

"EERRAGH!" The shadow screamed as it raked itself on the spikes. Ace flipped over his railing and turned to pour his soul into a tight beam of energy out of his forehead; the organ he uses to communicate and signal his own kind. The shadow screamed for a moment as the buzz and chatter filled its mind, but it didn't take it long to build a resistance to that attack.

It left its two dimensional forme, and the Darkrai raced across open air towards Ace. Ace Lashed at his face with a tentacle arm, and plunged over the railing through the stunned Darkrai's body. The Darkrai turned to give chase, but his own non-corporeal body couldn't float as fast as a Deoxys could fall. The doorway to the main floor was half closed when the Darkrai plunged through it. Erebus plunged into a shadow on a wall under a painting but missed that the Deoxys was waiting for him. No sooner did Erebus join the surface of the wall than did he feel a source of sorcery surround him and hold him to the wall. He cursed the magic called "gravity", and fought Ace's will in the cosmic tug-of-war.

It would be three grunts that would break the struggle. They heard the door shut and Erebus scream as he was pinned to the wall; and seeing the rust-colored back of some foreign monster, they filled it with bullet holes without thinking.

The scream of a Deoxys is, aside from the more obvious colored change in atmospherics, more of a low-inaudible worble that blows out lights and electrical fuses and shorts out the night-vison goggles on a soldier-for-hire. Which was just fine for Erebus, he used the darkness to leap fist first into Ace's head. The Deoxys riocheted off a hallway wall. The Half-regenerated monster was on his feet again as Erebus struck him a second and third time. Three grunts decided they were well over their heads as the holey and unholy creatures knocked each other senseless, the former showing no signs of slowing down despite missing a good third of his torso and the latter having previously announced himself a demigod from ancient times sealed away. Erebus through himself and Ace through a hypnotic abyss via a portal created on an office door, but to the Darkrai's amazement his passenger was still quite conscious when they emerged in the Cafeteria.

"You...you do not sleep!?" The demigod stammered.

"Viruses do not need to sleep." Ace said flatly. He buried a fist into Erebus's torso and twisted, sucking the life out of his body. The Darkrai momentarily doubled over the Deoxys' hand as they both collided with a lunch table.

Erebus separated from his sparring partner, mocking wiping blood from his face. "Impressive stamina then, Virus. You're full of surprises. But I tire of these party tricks. If you won't sleep, perhaps you'll die."

The Darkrai flooded the room with an ominous sense of dread. Though emotionally ineffective on Ace, the physical effects of the Ghost attack burned at his flesh. He picked himself slowly out of the twisted metal legs of the table only to be struck by Erebus' Dark Pulse. Ace smashed into the Menu board on the far wall and slid down it to the floor.

Beside him, Ace spotted an overturned container of silverware. Grabbing the napkin-wrapped projectiles, Ace flung them through the air at his opponent as he picked himself up again.

He was powerless against the three figures that emerged behind him though. They looked human, but they felt anything but to the cellular Pokémon. One of them struck him over the head with a a stout pipe humming with some kind of radiation.

"Ghetsis warned us about you." One of them said.

"Said there was a Cancer that would need treating." Said another as it stabbed a syringe into Ace's body near his crystalline organ.

"Chemo and radiation, the best ways to treat Cancer." The third said.

Ace felt his body start to burn from the inside out until they pulled out large focusing mirrors and began irradiating the outside of his body as well. For the first time, Ace's genetically modified reproductive systems couldn't keep up with the assault. His body began to wither and crumble away, retreating back to the organ in his chest against his will.

He wouldn't go without a fight though, Ace stood up on wobbly legs. Whatever they were, they had flesh and he could hurt them. Ace summoned the entirety of his soul into his Crystal and shot one of the three inhuman men through the radiation lens he was holding. He turned on the crumbling tip of his foot and lashed at another of them with what remained of his arm before he fell to the floor, shaking violently.

---

Janie sat in the blank expanse. It was white to the point of blinding. she had her knees pulled up to her forehead, and was slowly rocking herself. She never heard the man who walked up behind her, simply felt his presence as he sat down beside her.

Out of her peripheral, he didn't look like much. The big coat he was wearing had several chevrons on one of its sleeves; some crest for something and a musical note over a letter on breast of it. She suspected the letter jacket poofed quite a bit more than the person inside of it.

"Are you alright, Miss?" He asked as he straightend his apron over his lap.

"...Yeah, I think so. Just waiting, I think. Its... I am kinda chilly."

"Here then, take my coat."

"Oh, I couldn't. Won't you be cold?"

"I'll be fine. Here." He unsnapped the buttons, pulling a Styrofoam cup out of the right pocket. Janie was right, too. The figure inside was rather unshaped. Not quite a stick of a man, but not in or out of shape. The spaghetti-sauce stain on the cuff of a white shirt and the apron gave him away; the man must be a waiter somewhere.

"Thirsty?" He offered the cup. "Its just coke, and kinda watered down at that."

"Yes, actually, I'm very dehydrated I think, but you don't mind?"

"Not at all. Who are you waiting on?"

"Dad, I think. Something happened, and... I'm not sure what. I think he's coming to get me. Is someone coming for you, as well?" Janie felt kinda daft asking that question as she took a long drag on the stranger's drink. He was probably close to his 20s, although she'd say she looked closer to it than he did.

"No, Dad isn't coming for me, anymore. Or perhaps its better to say he won't be coming for me for a very long time."

"Ah. I'm sorry to hear that." Janie studied the name written on the cup. Carved, more like, by a half-dry pen. Strange, she knew the language very well, but she couldn't read the name. "Dads are special, aren't they?" she posed.

"Yes, yes they are." The stranger pulled out an odd black leather-bound computer. Janie wasn't sure where he'd kept it, it was a fairly large device. A touch screen, it seemed, although a keyboard that doubled as the other half of the hard case was present. He slid it off a stand, propping the touch screen up in front of him and turned on the keyboard, which sat in his lap.

Janie set the cup between them. "What'cha doin?"

"Oh, thought I'd put some thoughts to paper while I waited with you."

"You don't have to do that. I'll be alright, I think."

"I know you will, but no one deserves to wait alone."

Janie looked around the white expanse. No depth, no horizon, just white. White, and the stranger with the keyboard, and herself. "Well, thank you."

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Sorry it took me so long

"Glover. Is. She. Okay?"

That read weird to me for some reason. Perhaps making it one sentence instead of several. To me, Cay seems more the type to freak out a little more than she is in this situation and speak in longer but quicker sentences with a bit more emotion. Hope that makes sense lol

“My daughter…”
“She’ll be fine. Get your stuff together and let the Conductor know. I’ll see you in Goldenrod when you’re done.”

Formatting issue there

She had the Light about her.

I hope I'm not being dim by asking what kind of light, lol. I'm thinking that you're implying character, goodness, purity, etc

It wheezed its last words before Golurk saw its last essence fade out to rejoin the cloth of the universe.

That there was a beautiful sentence. I liked how I think that sentence sounded coming from the perspective of the Golurk, as I don't think it would have worked as awesomely coming from an observational stand point of anyone else. Good job!

"Oh, it was valiant. I hacked and I slashed my way through, bang! Bam! Pow! I leapt over mangled piles of their bodies. Charged the stairs, threw myself over the railings to the floor below. Took them twenty men to stop me, and her I am now."

lol, I know he comes clean in just a second, but that visual you gave was really appealing. I hoped that he would find his inner warrior and do exactly what you described, but it looks like I was dashed again!

He through the length of his tentacles up to a railing three stories up,

I think you meant threw

Erebus through himself and Ace through

Threw here too

"Viruses do not need to sleep." Ace said flatly.

What a badass lol

"Oh, thought I'd put some thoughts to paper while I waited with you."

Hmm, not completely sure what to make of this but I'm going to file it away for later use

Well, wonderful chapter. Highlight for me was Erebus and Ace. Your wordplay with their fight was outstanding, and I liked how comfortably confident and polite you made Ace out to be while he was in the midst of kicking ***. I was slightly taken aback by your intricate knowledge of Ace's physiology, and how well you seamlessly inserted tidbits within what was going on; great work on that. And I am hereby ordering you to not take this long on your next chapter lol, I'm hooked