1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash’s inevitable trip back to Alola

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Red, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

They could save the Alola trip for later. Maybe for around 50 episodes. And then Ash can visit Alola for the potential Mohn Arc. Maybe he runs into Gladion and Lillie and they all decide to visit Alola together. It can also be a potential return of Naganadel!

Leonhart likes this.
  2. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

They didn't bother to bring back dawn who is one of the best written character of series, i wouldn't count on them bringing back lillie and gladion given dawn was much better than them. Besides they have just recently left.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That's probably one of the things that I'd have the least interest in seeing during the Alola trip given that Bevenom already left once and had a comeback as an Agoyon during SM, so I wouldn't really see the point of it getting yet another comeback.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. Kein

Kein AKA Silktree

I'm really not in favor of more UB shenanigans. The Dynamax stuff in Galar is enough of that sort of thing.

Returning to Alola so soon is a little redundant, but they should focus on the locations that were barely seen in SM. The Mohn conclusion shouldn't happen in Alola since Lillie's family left the region to find him. And to be honest, I don't think that the story really needs to be told (they find him, they're happy, the end).

Leonhart and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Okay first off:
    [​IMG]

Secondly the point of Hikari being "much better" than Lilie is entirely subjective and really should not be a factor.
    Thirdly, the fact that they only recently left (and that they left on a note that very much left the door wide open for a follow-up) is literally part of what makes their potential return all the more plausible. Kasumi came back for a few episodes in AG. Haruka came back for a bit in Diamond & Pearl. Hikari made a return appearance in BW. Dent showed up in one of the specials at the end of XY. Sun & Moon is literally the only series so far which went its entire run without giving us a brief return of a character from the series immediately preceding it. And why would they do it this way? Well obviously this is just speculation on my part but I imagine they figure not a whole lot of people who were watching the show during Gen 4 or Gen 5 are actually still watching anymore, so at this point a cameo from Hikari or Iris or whoever would just... not mean anything to the kids watching right now, and at the same time it's not likely that many who watched the show back then are now grown-ups with their own kids watching the show, so it wouldn't necessarily mean super much to the parents of kids watching now either, the way Kasumi and Takeshi's appearances in Sun & Moon might have. AG through BW are just currently in this awkward position where they're neither recent enough nor old enough that there would necessarily be much merit (from the show creators' perspective) in giving us cameos from them.

6. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

You are seeing this unfold in the current series. All the call backs and continuity nods have been OS related.

KenzeyEevee and wolf jani like this.
  7. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Pretty sure most of the people will consider dawn as better rounded character than lillie subjective or not even game lillie was better than anime lillie, and secondly past companions cameo have stopped from last two series (misty/brock came back mainly due to anniversary and game promotion what promotion SM have) and lastly so far none of the ash's past companions and pokemon have been mentioned so far i wouldn't keep my hopes to up.

8. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Seeing that pic made me sad Dawn didn't get Emolga (though I love Pachirisu). I dunno, it fits her so much better even if I'm an Iris fan.

Leonhart and BabaVanga like this.
  9. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

They probably don't want to wrangle up the old VA's for a minor appearance. Unless the Alola characters (or any old characters) get a two or more episode arc, I don't see them going through the trouble to bring them back.

Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

And that probably applies to several old cast members as well in addition to the Alola classmates. I've seen many fans talk about the possible returns of old characters all the time, but it seems like hardly anyone takes the time to consider the logistics and hassles involved in something like that.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  11. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

First we'll get to Kalos I guess but once they set foot in Alola at least Kukui and Burnet and the mons he left there HAVE to appear!

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  12. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Due to the fact that there's evidence of a G-Max Melmetal in the games, at one point Ash will likely go to Alola and bring Melmetal with him. I'm sure Professor Sakuragi would like to research it as well.

KenzeyEevee and Leonhart like this.
  13. Spider-Phoenix

I don't think VAs avaliability would be a problem. Getting some VAs shouldn't be much an issue since OLM does other anime and some might just happen to share talent with Pokémon. I'd say avaliability would plays a role if the VA is a major super star like Megumi Hayashibara (who plays Jessie) or bigger guns like Toru Furuya or Hikaru Midorikawa.

Also, I mean, look how many times they got Delia's despite she either having only a few lines before vanishing for dozen of episodes.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Given that she's Satoshi's mother, I can see why her character returning would have priority over old traveling companions returning. Also, no offense to
    Masami Toyoshima, but from what I've seen she doesn't seem like a particularly busy seiyuu in terms of voicing popular characters in other series these days, so perhaps her willingness to voice Hanako at any opportunity is a case of her having nothing better to do.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. Spider-Phoenix

I think even some of past past companions' VA are in a somewhat similar boat as Ms. Masami Toyoshima. Of course, I'm not talking about big guns such as Mamoru Miyano, Aoi Yuuki, Yuuki Kaji and Mariya Ise. But for what I've seen Megumi Toyoguchi and Mayuki Makiguchi don't seem to be the "too big or too busy" types.

16. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

I think we've reached to the point that we're not going to see any of Ash's companions in the show anymore. PM 2019 was the beginning of a new road for the show imo so I'm not expecting them to show up no more. Ash has already visited several regions in PM and he did not even reference them? Very odd. Either way, I hope I am wrong and they'll show up again when he achieves his goal to become a Pokemon Master.

17. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Does this look like the face of mercy?

At this point since we still don't know what the whole "content of his backpack" was about, I'm choosing to hope after the first Alola trip Rowlet hitches a ride in it without him realizing.

18. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That would seem rather contrived to me. If Mokuroh was just going to follow Satoshi to Kanto at some point in this series, then it would've made more practical sense for it to have just gone with Satoshi to Kanto at the end of SM. It's a cute idea though, but I don't think it'll happen.

SH65 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Does this look like the face of mercy?

You’re not wrong, but I’d rather have Rowlet than logic.

20. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

Inside Ash's backpack is an embarrassing photo of him at a Christmas party.