• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash’s inevitable trip back to Alola

Leonhart

Imagineer
Soniman said:
Man Alola was literally 4 months ago so you can't even use the excuse that kids won't remember If they (and will) try the no continuity card for it. It's just so DUMB same with Kalos (though it'd be easier if they went anywhere but Lumiose)

I wouldn't use the "kids won't remember the SM classmates" excuse either, but even so I still don't think that they're guaranteed to show up since it's probably easier for the writers to ignore them and introduce a brand new character(s) in their place during the inevitable Alola return, as much as some fans would find fault with that scenario.

Remix2

Frankly they should show all the old sun and moon characters off since they no Good reason not too(and this also applies to Kalos as well).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I think even some of past past companions' VA are in a somewhat similar boat as Ms. Masami Toyoshima. Of course, I'm not talking about big guns such as Mamoru Miyano, Aoi Yuuki, Yuuki Kaji and Mariya Ise. But for what I've seen Megumi Toyoguchi and Mayuki Makiguchi don't seem to be the "too big or too busy" types.
Lillie's VA is even still in the cast every other episode voicing random characters or Pokémon
If there is a character they wouldn't have problems with bringing back VAs it's her

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lillie's VA has been around since the XY days when she had replaced Miette's original VA, who had retired after the character's introduction episode. Either her agency is really good friends with the pokémon staff or some higher up really like her/her manager XD

desdar300

It seems like the anime shares a lot of voice actors with the MHA so I feel like it's possible we'll see maybe Kiawe

Leonhart

Imagineer
Remix2 said:
Frankly they should show all the old sun and moon characters off since they no Good reason not too(and this also applies to Kalos as well).

When it comes to the Kalos cast, Serena would have a solid reason not to appear however since she headed to Houen the last time we heard, and might still be there or in another reason. I can't remember what the SM classmates decided to do at the end of the Alola saga though, so I can't say for sure what the odds of them reappearing in Alola are.

ShadowForce720

When it comes to the Kalos cast, Serena would have a solid reason not to appear however since she headed to Houen the last time we heard, and might still be there or in another reason. I can't remember what the SM classmates decided to do at the end of the Alola saga though, so I can't say for sure what the odds of them reappearing in Alola are.

If recall when it came to the SM classmates it broke down like this in terms of what they were doing:

Lillie: Left with her brother and mother to try to find Mohn with the help of Magearna.
Lana: Left with her father to find Manaphy.
Sophocles: Left with Molayne to go to the Mossdeep Space Center in the Hoenn region.
Kiawe: Is currently training under Olivia to be the next Kahuna of Akala Island.
Mallow: Just is pretty much still working at her family restaurant.

oh and Rotom Dex is currently working with the Aether Foundation to explore Ultra Space and study more Ultra Beast(if I'm remembering right).

So basically Lillie could pretty much pop up in any region, while Sophocles is presumably still in Hoenn, Lana is probably in or near the Sinnoh region, Kiawe is presumably still in Alola, and Mallow is still in the Alola region, and Rotom Dex is in the Alola region.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I feel it is highly probable that we will never see Serena again. If for no other reason that if she showed up again, the kiss would have to get some follow-up. Well, unless she returns without meeting Satoshi directly...

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I have this feeling they are doing the first trips to just show off possible new characters who will appear later on but after all have been done the other trips can open doors to pre Pokemon 2019 people showing up. Like the series wants to forge it's own path before jumping into other series which makes sense.

If recall when it came to the SM classmates it broke down like this in terms of what they were doing:

Lillie: Left with her brother and mother to try to find Mohn with the help of Magearna.
Lana: Left with her father to find Manaphy.
Sophocles: Left with Molayne to go to the Mossdeep Space Center in the Hoenn region.
Kiawe: Is currently training under Olivia to be the next Kahuna of Akala Island.
Mallow: Just is pretty much still working at her family restaurant.

oh and Rotom Dex is currently working with the Aether Foundation to explore Ultra Space and study more Ultra Beast(if I'm remembering right).

So basically Lillie could pretty much pop up in any region, while Sophocles is presumably still in Hoenn, Lana is probably in or near the Sinnoh region, Kiawe is presumably still in Alola, and Mallow is still in the Alola region, and Rotom Dex is in the Alola region.

Would Ash even care about Rotom dex? Enough to even waste time to visit?

ShadowForce720

I have this feeling they are doing the first trips to just show off possible new characters who will appear later on but after all have been done the other trips can open doors to pre Pokemon 2019 people showing up. Like the series wants to forge it's own path before jumping into other series which makes sense.

Would Ash even care about Rotom dex? Enough to even waste time to visit?

Considering that it was one of his friends, yes he would likely would. Look just because Rotom was in a Pokedex doesn't change the fact that it was still one of his friends.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Considering that it was one of his friends, yes he would likely would. Look just because Rotom was in a Pokedex doesn't change the fact that it was still one of his friends.
Wow he has low standards these days

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lord Starfish said:
I feel it is highly probable that we will never see Serena again. If for no other reason that if she showed up again, the kiss would have to get some follow-up. Well, unless she returns without meeting Satoshi directly...

I suppose that's true. I had never considered the kiss much before since I personally felt that it would be glossed over if Serena ever returned in the future, but I could also see the writers deciding that the kiss was all the closure that her character needed, as much as I would dislike that.

Sham

The Guardian of War
All I know is best girl Lillie better get her deserved cameo (and thus reigniting the trend of the last Pokegirl featured returning). In all seriousness though if the writers can’t even force Ash to see Misty and Brock who are theoretically less than 10 miles from him I doubt they’re going to care about how odd it would be for him not bumbling into the classmates.

Last edited:

Egakor

All I know is best girl Lillie better get her deserved cameo (and thus reigniting the trend of the last Pokegirl featured retiring). In all seriousness though if the writers can’t even force Ash to see Misty and Brock who are theoretically less than 10 miles from him I doubt they’re going to care about how odd it would be for him not bumbling into the classmates.
Vermilion is actually quite far away from Cerulean in the anime though. It took Ash and co. several episodes to go from Cerulean to Vermilion in OS.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
All I know is best girl Lillie better get her deserved cameo (and thus reigniting the trend of the last Pokegirl featured retiring). In all seriousness though if the writers can’t even force Ash to see Misty and Brock who are theoretically less than 10 miles from him I doubt they’re going to care about how odd it would be for him not bumbling into the classmates.

It's ironic that the writers have a perfect excuse to bring Kasumi and Takeshi back whenever they need to since Satoshi's spending so much time in Kanto these days, yet at the same time I'm in no hurry to see either of them again. I'd rather see the SM classmates over another Kasumi and Takeshi comeback, which says a lot.