• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash’s inevitable trip back to Alola

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
That was a recycled paper though, as in it had the exact same images that were in a newspaper that Kukui-hakase was holding in that saga. So I don't think it counts as a hint that Alola will appear soon, but rather that it was a lazy way of reusing old animation.
Really, considering the fact that we've been seeing plenty of episodes with multiple animation directors (often a sign that the production is in trouble), and that episode 20 has seven of them which is particularly extreme... I'm surprised that this recycled newspaper seems to be the most obvious animation shortcut we've seen so far. I mean, there have been episodes that have looked fairly mediocre... but even the weakest episodes have managed to remain fairly consistently competent. Which, looking at other shows with obviously troubled productions (the infamous Dragon Ball Super episode 5 immediately comes to mind) is rather surprising.

Remix2

Really, considering the fact that we've been seeing plenty of episodes with multiple animation directors (often a sign that the production is in trouble), and that episode 20 has seven of them which is particularly extreme... I'm surprised that this recycled newspaper seems to be the most obvious animation shortcut we've seen so far. I mean, there have been episodes that have looked fairly mediocre... but even the weakest episodes have managed to remain fairly consistently competent. Which, looking at other shows with obviously troubled productions (the infamous Dragon Ball Super episode 5 immediately comes to mind) is rather surprising.

That could change with episode 20 with seven director on board the potential of legendary animation screwups are endless.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe with 7 directors...Ash will constantly change mentalities between all his past selves every minute. One minute, he'll be idiot BW Ash. And then the next, suggest weird combinations as AG Ash.

Go: What's on freaking Earth happened to your face, Ash?
SM Ash: What are you talking about, Go?

D

Deleted member 384931

I guess Ash has to return to Alola for the Pokémon league?

Omittime

All of the call backs and references so far have been from the OS. I don't see how this magically means there will be references to SM or any other series.

SM is the most recent series, they can't use the "kids don't remember" excuse when it literally just ended 5 months ago.

Red and Blue

All of the call backs and references so far have been from the OS. I don't see how this magically means there will be references to SM or any other series.
Why would they only include references to OS and not the other regions?

Red and Blue

To be fair Ash mentioned nothing of his old adventures in Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova when he went there. Not even a reference to Dawn's Piplup.
And that can change with his second or third trips to those regions.

Omittime

And that can change with his second or third trips to those regions.

I guess, but there's really no reason to. I wouldn't say there are many key places those sagas worth revisiting for continuity purposes, unless people want to see a random old gym leader again.

game3524

Why would they only include references to OS and not the other regions?

Because they haven’t made any references to the other series when they visited Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova and I don’t buy the argument that they are holding back. Honestly, the only reason we even gotten some references so far is because the parents may have watched the OS.