• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash’s inevitable trip back to Alola

Paree

Best thing we can hope for is Ash to use his reserves like Infernape, Sceptile etc.
Most likely characters to make a comeback are the Kanto, Alola squad and maybe clemont and bonny since we see lumiose tower in the poster.

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
Callbacks to the past eras could be a great way to get kids and newcomers up to speed for Ash's past journeys.

I firmly agree with this statement.
I first started watching during the Diamond and Pearl series and when Ash used his reserves in the Sinnoh League, I was so confused as to why he had Pokémon like Heracross and Sceptile lol. I soon found myself researching Ash's past adventures, and eventually ended up watching everything leading up to the latest episode at that time.

I could never understand why they don't do the same with the newer series. I'm positive that kids would be inclined to know more about Ash journeying to past regions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
HeartThrob6000 said:
I firmly agree with this statement.
I first started watching during the Diamond and Pearl series and when Ash used his reserves in the Sinnoh League, I was so confused as to why he had Pokémon like Heracross and Sceptile lol. I soon found myself researching Ash's past adventures, and eventually ended up watching everything leading up to the latest episode at that time.

I could never understand why they don't do the same with the newer series. I'm positive that kids would be inclined to know more about Ash journeying to past regions.

I'd argue that most kids just don't have time to go back and watch past episodes just to familiarize themselves with Satoshi's older Pokemon. Having to watch dozens of episodes just to get caught up to speed seems like a real chore.

Paree

I'd argue that most kids just don't have time to go back and watch past episodes just to familiarize themselves with Satoshi's older Pokemon. Having to watch dozens of episodes just to get caught up to speed seems like a real chore.
That's why an Oak lab episode would be a great Idea, Go might be surprised knowing that Satoshi has so many pokemon and they might get some brief backstory as well. It'll be cool. Plus we saw Bulbasaur, Muk and Tauros in SM so its possible.

We even got to see that annoying Jigglypuff return.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Paree said:
That's why an Oak lab episode would be a great Idea, Go might be surprised knowing that Satoshi has so many pokemon and they might get some brief backstory as well. It'll be cool. Plus we saw Bulbasaur, Muk and Tauros in SM so its possible.

We even got to see that annoying Jigglypuff return.

We already got a lab episode in SM and the writers didn't seem to care much about explaining the origin of Satoshi's reserves there, so I'm not confident that they'd care now. But I suppose that just seeing Masara Town again would be nice. I really wish that Satoshi's Alolan team was at the same lab as his other reserves, though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Out of the Alola gang, I hope Incineroar and Dusk Lycanroc get to return to Ash.

Rowlett and Melmetal can remain on Alola helping the Ultra Guardians out (even if they are no longer needed)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Out of the Alola gang, I hope Incineroar and Dusk Lycanroc get to return to Ash.

Rowlett and Melmetal can remain on Alola helping the Ultra Guardians out (even if they are no longer needed)
They’re most likely not letting Melmetal miss out on showcasing its G-Max.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ssquaderi said:
So, when Ash does go to Alola, if Team Rocket do too, will they be reunited with the Mimikyu and Mareanie they abandoned and will Stuffull and Bewear make an appearance?

I wouldn't have thought it likely before, but the new preview makes it seem like the writers are trying to add more continuity than before, so I'm thinking that we might see the Rocket-dan trio's Alola Pokemon again when they return to Alola after all. Not that I'm eager to see their caretaker Kiteruguma again, though.

D

Deleted member 384931

I guess the first 20 episodes were too early to give us much continuity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I guess the first 20 episodes were too early to give us much continuity.

I remember people saying that we'd probably get more references and callbacks once the series picked up steam, and it looks like that's actually the case. Although there's still no sign of Alola episodes.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I remember people saying that we'd probably get more references and callbacks once the series picked up steam, and it looks like that's actually the case. Although there's still no sign of Alola episodes.
Alola wasn't too strong on battling so it would make sense that there wouldn't be anything from Alola in the championships episodes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Melmetal wouldn't get left, it's relevant. If he's taking one he'll take everyone.
I'd like to think they have plans for Incineroar given they stupidly waited until the last minute to evolve it, and didn't even let it fight Kiawe instead of Lycanroc! And Dusk being in the ending would surely imply it's coming to Kanto with Ash. While Melmetal has a G-Max form so.... yeah.

It'd be nice if Naganadel came back too but I'll settle for Greninja and Pidgeot