• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash’s inevitable trip back to Alola

Sword master zacian

I don't think they can ignore continuity forever, especially when it comes to Alola. The series is a world tour and that means they will definitely be visiting Alola more than once. They just can't have any of the old SM characters to not show up at all in all the Alola episodes, given how SM is still pretty much 'fresh' since it was the series prior to PM2019, and it was made really clear that Ash grew really attached to Alola, as compared to all the other previous regions. He would definitely want to see all his old friends again if he returns, especially if more than once. Although, the random never-before-seen Alola COTDs are probably what's going to happen instead lol.
Also he would want to see all his pokemon, professor kukui and burnet, rotom too

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shotgunrain said:
I don't think they can ignore continuity forever, especially when it comes to Alola. The series is a world tour and that means they will definitely be visiting Alola more than once. They just can't have any of the old SM characters to not show up at all in all the Alola episodes, given how SM is still pretty much 'fresh' since it was the series prior to PM2019, and it was made really clear that Ash grew really attached to Alola, as compared to all the other previous regions. He would definitely want to see all his old friends again if he returns, especially if more than once. Although, the random never-before-seen Alola COTDs are probably what's going to happen instead lol.

Just because he might want to see all his old friends doesn't mean that he will, though. They have their own lives and are probably busy doing their own thing, so it isn't realistic to expect them all to drop whatever they're doing just to reunite with Satoshi.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Well, besides Kalos, that leaves Alola (which obviously the writers have to be careful about when him & Go travel there)

There are so many loose ends, so many ties & so much they’ll have to acknowledge. It’s weird how Ash literally became champion and left, with his team and also friends there behind.

How do you think the writers will handle it all? Surely Ash can’t return to Alola without running into one of the classmates and interacting with the school.

Why not?? So far from the Episode Pics I've seen, Ash hasn't interacted with anyone familiar from the other regions! So Why should Alola be any different? It is not that special of a place. Especially in the Anime department

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Why not?? So far from the Episode Pics I've seen, Ash hasn't interacted with anyone familiar from the other regions! So Why should Alola be any different? It is not that special of a place. Especially in the Anime department
Because Alola is the most recent series and if we go back there in a couple months without a reference it'd be dumb. Being the most recent, it's engraved into the little one's minds easily! This applies to Kalos to a lesser extent too.

D

Deleted member 384931

Because Alola is the most recent series and if we go back there in a couple months without a reference it'd be dumb. Being the most recent, it's engraved into the little one's minds easily! This applies to Kalos to a lesser extent too.
I mean he knows someone on every Island. And Lumious City it will be hard to avoid Bonnie, Clemont, Sycamore. And honestly if Ash isnt popular in Kalos idk it anymore. Wonder if they will explain the Kalos crisis to Gou if Greninja would return.

Shotgunrain

As I mentioned in my post, Ash really grew attached to Alola. It’s the place where he made the most closest friends and the place where he won his first ever major league title. If I was Ash, I would definitely want to catch up with all my old friends if I go back to Alola. I don’t think the writers will have any excuse to not have him interact with at least ONE previous companion in Alola, tbh. But I’m not getting my hopes up knowing how they deal with continuity ever since XY.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I mean he knows someone on every Island. And Lumious City it will be hard to avoid Bonnie, Clemont, Sycamore. And honestly if Ash isnt popular in Kalos idk it anymore. Wonder if they will explain the Kalos crisis to Gou if Greninja would return.

Lumiose is Pokemon Paris, it'd make sense for Ash to not stumble across them.
But a small place like Melemele? No, they're better off sending him to Akala, Ula'Ula, or Poni where him not meeting anyone would be acceptable. And also make him and the TRio seem less selfish, being on Melemele yet not bothering to say hello to the Pokemon they left

As I mentioned in my post, Ash really grew attached to Alola. It’s the place where he made the most closest friends

lol
Brock, Misty, and Dawn still exist you know. And Oak is his real father if anyone

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:

To be fair, Miare City is so huge that the idea that Satoshi might not run into Citron and Eureka there isn't implausible. There's also the possibility that Citron and Eureka might be away when Satoshi visits. As for Platane-hakase potentially making a comeback, I don't particularly care if he appears or not since I never thought much of him.

Shotgunrain

Well if they’re not going to bring back Lt. Surge by saying that he’s unavailable, they can do the same in Alola too tbh. Say that Kukui and Burnet are both overseas or something and they brought Rowlet and gang along with them also.

Also, 20 episodes in and still no Kalos and Alola, with Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova only 1 episode each. I guess this series will just mostly be Kanto and Galar and the ‘world tour’ phrase was just a marketing gimmick.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shotgunrain said:
Also, 20 episodes in and still no Kalos and Alola, with Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova only 1 episode each. I guess this series will just mostly be Kanto and Galar and the ‘world tour’ phrase was just a marketing gimmick.

This is just my "head canon", but I think that perhaps the reason why the writers haven't had Satoshi and Gou visit Kalos and Alola yet is because those two regions were fully showcased most recently out of all the other regions given that XY and SM happened not that long ago. So maybe the writers want to take their time before having Satoshi visit those familiar places.

Shotgunrain

This is just my "head canon", but I think that perhaps the reason why the writers haven't had Satoshi and Gou visit Kalos and Alola yet is because those two regions were fully showcased most recently out of all the other regions given that XY and SM happened not that long ago. So maybe the writers want to take their time before having Satoshi visit those familiar places.
True, but even then given how they marketed this series as a world tour it has just been really disappointing so far that we’ve not even seen the other regions more than once other than Kanto and Galar. Well I obviously expected Kanto to get more attention since it’s their homebase but I was not expecting them to stay there for more than half of those 20 episodes, you know. But at least there seems to be some sense of direction in where the anime is going now, which was lacking a bit before Ash fought Leon.

Master Pikachu 11

As I mentioned in my post, Ash really grew attached to Alola. It’s the place where he made the most closest friends and the place where he won his first ever major league title. If I was Ash, I would definitely want to catch up with all my old friends if I go back to Alola. I don’t think the writers will have any excuse to not have him interact with at least ONE previous companion in Alola, tbh. But I’m not getting my hopes up knowing how they deal with continuity ever since XY.
I mean there is no reason for them to avoid continuity from Alola considering that some of their target audience that are probably still watching the series, most likely started watching the Anime with Alola as their region. Like I started watching the anime when it first started in Kanto, while other people started watching the Sinnoh series or Hoenn, etc. So it will be hard for them to ignore continuity in Alola considering it’s the last series that aired before we started this season. Plus Ash’s Incineroar didn’t get to battle as a Incineroar so if they had no intention of it battling again then it wouldn’t have evolved. I think the writers knew they were going to return to Alola so that is why it didn’t battle last series.

@Zoruagible even if he goes to those other islands, he still knows the Kahunas there and it would be difficult for him to avoid them. Plus with Tapu Koko on the poster I doubt they can completely avoid continuity.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I mean there is no reason for them to avoid continuity from Alola considering that some of their target audience that are probably still watching the series, most likely started watching the Anime with Alola as their region. Like I started watching the anime when it first started in Kanto, while other people started watching the Sinnoh series or Hoenn, etc. So it will be hard for them to ignore continuity in Alola considering it’s the last series that aired before we started this season. Plus Ash’s Incineroar didn’t get to battle as a Incineroar so if they had no intention of it battling again then it wouldn’t have evolved. I think the writers knew they were going to return to Alola so that is why it didn’t battle last series.

@Zoruagible even if he goes to those other islands, he still knows the Kahunas there and it would be difficult for him to avoid them. Plus with Tapu Koko on the poster I doubt they can completely avoid continuity.

Yeah but if Ash can live in Vermillion City and never cross tracks with Surge, he can easily avoid Olivia/Nanu/Hapu in a much larger location

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah but if Ash can live in Vermillion City and never cross tracks with Surge, he can easily avoid Olivia/Nanu/Hapu in a much larger location
He could but with Tapu Koko on the poster, I fully expect there to be continuity since it was the very last series that Ash was in. It would be really difficult to avoid the Alolan guardians and it would be really bad if he didn’t go say hello to Kukui after they showed us the trophy in episode 2 of this season.

Sword master zacian

He could but with Tapu Koko on the poster, I fully expect there to be continuity since it was the very last series that Ash was in. It would be really difficult to avoid the Alolan guardians and it would be really bad if he didn’t go say hello to Kukui after they showed us the trophy in episode 2 of this season.
Also in new episode of poket monsters series episode 17 the newspaper jessie was reading had mallow's retaurent picture on it
And also its the same newspaper which professor kukui once read

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also in new episode of poket monsters series episode 17 the newspaper jessie was reading had mallow's retaurent picture on it
I guess the newspaper sources of this universe somehow make a living by stealing newspaper articles from some other region and rearranging the articles to look new...even if it's old news.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:

That was a recycled paper though, as in it had the exact same images that were in a newspaper that Kukui-hakase was holding in that saga. So I don't think it counts as a hint that Alola will appear soon, but rather that it was a lazy way of reusing old animation.