• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash’s Snorlax or Ash’s Krookodile; Who’s Stronger?

Who is Stronger?

• Snorlax

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Krookodile

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Equal

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
Both Pokémon have cases for being in Ash’s best team, so which one is better?

— Snorlax’s Major Feats

- Won a Pokémon Sumo tournament

- Beat GYM Leader Clair’s Kingdra

- Beat Gary’s Arcanine and Nidoqueen

- Beat Harrison’s Hypno and Steelix

- Beat Frontier Brain Greta’s Hariyama and Medicham (her Ace)

— Krookodile’s Major Feats

- As a Krokorok beat GYM Leader Brycen’s Beartic (his Ace)

- Beat Iris’s Dragonite

- Tanked a hit from Meloetta with only mild trouble

- Beat Stephan’s Liepard and Sawk (his Ace)

- The quizzes in XYZ 40 + 43 imply that he’s in the same “club” as Ash’s other Aces.

My vote goes to Snorlax. While I do think the writers would probably pick Krookodile over Snorlax (cuz region diversity), I think Snorlax is still the superior Pokémon and that the writers would make an excuse for Snorlax like say it’s in a deep sleep, and so Ash can’t use it (basically what they did with it in Ash’s Orange Islands Championship Battle).

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash's snorlax for me. It had way better feats in both quality and quantity over krokodile.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Snorlax has better feats, that's all he needs.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
That's Krookodile's most flawed feat,it defeated an out of control Dragonite,if it was under control and listened to Iris the outcome of the battle would be more so 50/50 split.

I'm not so certain about that. From what I can remember, Dragonite started having a worse record once it started listening to Iris, with its only loss when it was battling on its own being to Krookodile.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I'm not so certain about that. From what I can remember, Dragonite started having a worse record once it started listening to Iris, with its only loss when it was battling on its own being to Krookodile.
It lost to Drayden's Druddigon and Clair's shiny Druddigon where it's pretty safe to say that both of them are the strongest gym leaders of their region.Drayden's Haxorous drew with Iris's Excadrill so that tells you Druddigon is his strongest.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It lost to Drayden's Druddigon and Clair's shiny Druddigon where it's pretty safe to say that both of them are the strongest gym leaders of their region.Drayden's Haxorous drew with Iris's Excadrill so that tells you Druddigon is his strongest.
Don't forget the fact that Clair's Druddigon was newly captured, so I doubt that it was any Volkner's Raichu/Luxray or Wulfric Mega Abomasnow level Pokemon.

I would say that Krookodile was a bit stronger than Dragonite in that battle but not by much.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Don't forget the fact that Clair's Druddigon was newly captured, so I doubt that it was any Volkner's Raichu/Luxray or Wulfric Mega Abomasnow level Pokemon.

I would say that Krookodile was a bit stronger than Dragonite in that battle but not by much.
If you're going by that then Dragonite should have been able to defeat it,it could be that it was already a strong pokemon before being caught by Clair.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If you're going by that then Dragonite should have been able to defeat it,it could be that it was already a strong pokemon before being caught by Clair.
Or maybe Dragonite isn't that much powerful as some people think it to be here. I'd say Dragonite is at best a bit above Swellow's level, not more than that.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I completely disagree
So how strong do you think Dragonite is? If you are trying to say that it has any buisness being close to Snorlax's level or so then I'd say no chance whatsoever.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's not on Snorlax's level at all and neither is Krookodile,both are tier 2 level at best.
That's I why I said that Dragonite is at best a bit above Swellow's level, who also isn't a tier 1.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It really comes down to if Krookodile can take out both Clair's Druddigon and Drayden's Druddigon.
Drayden's Druddigon.....no. It's simply on another level judging from how it beat Dragonite. But Clair's Druddigon is a tad weaker(the fight was much closer as well compared to Drayden) so maybe Krookodile has a chance there.

Krookodile is actually a bit stronger than Dragonite judging from that battle if you look at it, though not by much.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Or maybe Dragonite isn't that much powerful as some people think it to be here. I'd say Dragonite is at best a bit above Swellow's level, not more than that.
Honestly I don’t see Swellow performing against Dawn’s Mamoswine like Dragonite did. Dragonite “no sold” every single 1 of Mamoswine’s attacks except for its last Take Down and that too Dragonite was trying to stop it with his bare hands rather than use a move and the first time Dragonite uses a move Mamoswine gets OHKed in what seemed like over kill meaning that Dragonite could have literally ended the battle whenever he wanted to and just prolonged it to see what’s the best that Mamoswine could do. From here it really becomes a question of how strong Dawn’s Mamoswine is and based on how it was portrayed in DP, it seemed fairly strong (about C+/B- at least).

For Dragonite to be able to dominate like that he would need to be more than substantially stronger than Mamoswine (I’d reckon about 4 to maybe even 5 sub letter grades higher). Sure if Snorlax is the benchmark of “tier-1” then he isn’t in that but I would put him in the “A“ spectrum of my own ratings (Dragonite would be at around the A/A- borderline whereas Krookodile would be more solidly in A). For the record Bulbasaur would aslso be in A and Snorlax would be in the lower end of A+ (for me at least). In that sense I don’t really have Krookodile all that below Snorlax as in I think Snorlax would beat Krookodile by a closer margin than Krookodile would beat Swellow. The thing is also that none of Dragonite’s other performances contradict the scaling from Mamoswine in that it certainly is plausible that both Druddigon and Ash’s Charizard were just that darn strong to be able to perform against Dragonite like they respectively did.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Honestly I don’t see Swellow performing against Dawn’s Mamoswine like Dragonite did. Dragonite “no sold” every single 1 of Mamoswine’s attacks except for its last Take Down and that too Dragonite was trying to stop it with his bare hands rather than use a move and the first time Dragonite uses a move Mamoswine gets OHKed in what seemed like over kill meaning that Dragonite could have literally ended the battle whenever he wanted to and just prolonged it to see what’s the best that Mamoswine could do. From here it really becomes a question of how strong Dawn’s Mamoswine is and based on how it was portrayed in DP, it seemed fairly strong (about C+/B- at least).
Dawn's Mamoswine was portrayed as decently strong but the problem is that it still wasn't ever used in a actual battle, pitted against a decently strong Pokemon, so it's difficult to say where it places TBH. If seemed to be fairly strong in look, but in a battle could it have a chance of beating the likes of Ash's Buizel or Staraptor? Quite debatable in fact. So while Dragonite beating Mamoswine in that manner is impressive it's a stretch to say that it makes Dragonite decisively stronger than Swellow.

For Dragonite to be able to dominate like that he would need to be more than substantially stronger than Mamoswine (I’d reckon about 4 to maybe even 5 sub letter grades higher). Sure if Snorlax is the benchmark of “tier-1” then he isn’t in that but I would put him in the “A“ spectrum of my own ratings (Dragonite would be at around the A/A- borderline whereas Krookodile would be more solidly in A). For the record Bulbasaur would aslso be in A and Snorlax would be in the lower end of A+ (for me at least). In that sense I don’t really have Krookodile all that below Snorlax as in I think Snorlax would beat Krookodile by a closer margin than Krookodile would beat Swellow. The thing is also that none of Dragonite’s other performances contradict the scaling from Mamoswine in that it certainly is plausible that both Druddigon and Ash’s Charizard were just that darn strong to be able to perform against Dragonite like they respectively did.
Of course we don't consider Snorlax to be the benchmark of Tier 1, by that tiering system Dragonite might come in the Tier 1 system in only a borderline case.

While it's possible that Ash's Charizard and Drayden's Druddigon were actually that darn strong, you'll also have to consider that Dragonite also did lose to Clair's newly captured shiny Druddigon(albeit in quite a close fight). So it's also a stretch to say that Dragonite's other performances doesn't at all contradict its performance against Mamoswine.

Krookodile is actually a bit stronger that Dragonite if we look at it, though Dragonite was thrashing around for a bit and didn't listen to Iris's commands, which obviously gave it quite a bit of disadvantage, it should be noted than even after Dragonite began attempting direct attacks at Krrokodile, Krookodile still won very convincingly. So even in a match where Dragonite battles fully optimally, Krookodile still defeats Dragonite albeit in a tough match.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Dawn's Mamoswine was portrayed as decently strong but the problem is that it still wasn't ever used in a actual battle, pitted against a decently strong Pokemon, so it's difficult to say where it places TBH. If seemed to be fairly strong in look, but in a battle could it have a chance of beating the likes of Ash's Buizel or Staraptor? Quite debatable in fact. So while Dragonite beating Mamoswine in that manner is impressive it's a stretch to say that it makes Dragonite decisively stronger than Swellow.
Buizel is debatable though it could probably take Staraptor. Swellow even when trying it’s hardest is going to at least have mid difficulty in taking down Mamoswine; at the very least there’s no way it’s curbstomping (which is what would have happened had Dragonite bothered attacking from the beginning). Sure Swellow would put up a tough fight but I doubt it would be close.

Of course we don't consider Snorlax to be the benchmark of Tier 1, by that tiering system Dragonite might come in the Tier 1 system in only a borderline case.
I know we don’t but I presume most are referencing Mr.H’s system when assigning “tiers” (H = Hypocrite ). By our system Krookodile, Bulbasaur, and Heracross would all be “t-1” though to not cause confusion I changed my tierings to letters, so now for me they along with Snorlax would be in the “A” range.

While it's possible that Ash's Charizard and Drayden's Druddigon were actually that darn strong, you'll also have to consider that Dragonite also did lose to Clair's newly ca[tured shiny Druddigon(albeit in quite a close fight). So it's also a stretch to say that Dragonite's other performances doesn't at all contradict its performance against Mamoswine.
Why is Clair’s newly caught Druddigon not allowed to be that strong? I agree that in isolation it would be a stretch though when considering Dragonite’s prior feats there’s nothing wrong with the conclusion that said Druddigon could just have been that strong based on it beating Dragonite.

Krookodile is actually a bit stronger that Dragonite if we look at it, though Dragonite was thrashing around for a bit and didn't listen to Iris's commands, which obviously gave it quite a bit of disadvantage, it should be noted than even after Dragonite began attempting direct attacks at Krrokodile, Krookodile still won very convincingly. So even in a match where Dragonite battles fully optimally, Krookodile still defeats Dragonite albeit in a tough match.
It’s hard to say. I really wish we had a proper rematch between the 2. The most I’d be willing to compromise is that Dragonite is more clearly in A- (with Krookodile being in A regardless) though with that Charizard’s S+ rating comes into question (since Dragonite is the only Pokémon we can scale post BW Zard off of).