• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash 6 Strongest Pokémon ? (Top)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If they were going to do reserves, it should have been right from the start of the PWC arc. It would be hard to justify giving Ash five new Pokémon that get him into the M8 just to set them aside for the boxed Pokémon at Oak’s or Kukui’s.

Ideally, a PWC arc with reserves would have only given Ash 2 new Pokémon (Lucario and Gengar would have been my choices) and then rotated through his reserves until the Raihan battle when he assembled his ultimate team of Pikachu, Greninja, Infernape, Sceptile, Gengar and Lucario.

Yes, I’m picking Infernape over Charizard because it having both would be too many fire types and Infernape is good BDSP marketing.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If they were going to do reserves, it should have been right from the start of the PWC arc. It would be hard to justify giving Ash five new Pokémon that get him into the M8 just to set them aside for the boxed Pokémon at Oak’s or Kukui’s.

Ideally, a PWC arc with reserves would have only given Ash 2 new Pokémon (Lucario and Gengar would have been my choices) and then rotated through his reserves until the Raihan battle when he assembled his ultimate team of Pikachu, Greninja, Infernape, Sceptile, Gengar and Lucario.

Yes, I’m picking Infernape over Charizard because it having both would be too many fire types and Infernape is good BDSP marketing.
I don't want reserves from the start simply because I've grown attached to Ash's JN team, all members. Also, considering the reserves also had like one journey worth of experience like the JN mons, i don't think it's impossible for them to become as strong. They just need to be shown training more and have more organic screentime, let the audience connect to them more. Show how Ash's experiences over the years helps him train his mons faster and better now, etc.

DayQuil95

If only production was smoother, getting what we did was hard enough as it is
Altho idk, i just think the JN mons battle vs Leon and how they are shining and culminating is too satisfying. It'll kinda suck to not see them be there for the final battle when they brought Ash to the Masters 8. They can balance reserves and JN teams like the Sinnoh league for the masters 8
Yeah fair enough, I just feel like they should have had their last blaze of glory with a powerful opponent before the reserves picked up, maybe Cynthia then?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah fair enough, I just feel like they should have had their last blaze of glory with a powerful opponent before the reserves picked up, maybe Cynthia then?
Cynthia would be more satisfying with reserves
Leon more with JN mons
Let reserves battle with Steven too
Best would have been if we could have gotten a 6v6 with Steven as well
That way we have potential to show off 12 reserves, 12 of the strongest reserves would have been more than enough honestly

If only production was smoother, getting what we did was hard enough as it is
Altho idk, i just think the JN mons battle vs Leon and how they are shining and culminating is too satisfying. It'll kinda suck to not see them be there for the final battle when they brought Ash to the Masters 8. They can balance reserves and JN teams like the Sinnoh league for the masters 8
JN team for me should have had their blaze of glory moment in a 6v6 against Raihan or another powerful opponent in order for Ash to get into the Masters 8, and then reserves from that point on.

My personal top 6

First of all, I think Greninja and Lucario are exactly on the same level. While Lucario's feats seem more impressive, I think the writers wanted to imply that they were connected, that they both always wanted to get stronger and everything was sealed at the end of JN108 the moment they both destroyed those cursed branches. I think they are seconds after Pikachu, so

1) Pikachu
2) Greninja & Lucario
4) Charizard & Infernape
5,6,7,8)JN Team

pickapika

Pikachu
Lucario
Dragonite
Dracovish
Sirfetch'd
Gengar
Cope harder reserves

Jokes aside:
Pikachu
Lucario
Greninja
Charizard
Sceptile
Infernape
The joke version is probaly more accurate tbh.

Also isn't it implied infernape surpasses charizard in the episode where he fights a legendary fire mon

pickapika

My personal top 6

First of all, I think Greninja and Lucario are exactly on the same level. While Lucario's feats seem more impressive, I think the writers wanted to imply that they were connected

1) Pikachu
2) Greninja & Lucario
4) Charizard & Infernape
5,6,7,8)JN Team
That doesn't neccesitate they're equals.

Y'all just wishcasting at this point.

That doesn't neccesitate they're equals.

Y'all just wishcasting at this point.
Actually no, the strength in Jn is quite confusing, I mean Greninja was stronger than Lucario at 108 and even though he defeated Garchomp, she was in her base form. I dont want to enter into debate but honestly, it's hard to classify them.

AJ97

Tier 1: Pikachu
Tier 2: AG, Mega Lucario
Tier 3: Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Dragonite, Dracovish
--------------------------------------------------------

That said; now Ash got the PWC World Champion boost. So in other words; assuming Ash still retains his skill/strength, all his Pokemon including reserves should now be given a boost to fall in the above buckets. The Rationale behind this is based off Lance's Gyarados and Aaron's Beautify. Despite these Pokemon being in the wild and arguably being acquired at much later times than Pikachu and a lot of Ash's team; they grew exponentially to Elite four tier and Regional Champion tier.

Hence, assuming Ash is going to retain his standing as a Champion and doesn't get reset; then I think we can assume, every pokemon he uses from now will be scaled by the Plot to be Champion tier.

In that scenario, I can see Ash's special reserves like Charizard and Infernape falling to Tier 2; while some of his regular Pokemon like Tauros and Muk falling under Tier 3.

RafaSceptile

Idk how anyone can put up Sceptile above ANY of the JN mons per feats tbh.
images_4.jpg

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
It's going to be a bit difficult, maybe my 6 will be more nostalgic, but for me it's the best 6, so let's start
1. Pikachu - This little creature has been with us for over 20 years, all this time he has trained and fought so much with legends and regional champions, he deserves this place like no other, and Ash's starter
2. Charizard - some love it, others hate it, a pokemon that grabbed me when I was still in elementary school, I remember how everyone in the backyard wanted to be Charizard. After that, a very strong pokemon that showed what it can do more than once, defeated the legend, and the fight with Gary's Blastois was great
3. Sceptile - Probably Ash's best grass pokemon, very strong to defeat the legendary pokemon, I enjoyed watching it when I watched the 3rd generation
4. Greninja - With Ash Greninja they were very dangerous competition even for Diantha, it's a pity that he couldn't beat Charizard Alain, but his strength and loyalty to the trainer is very high, he reminded me of my childhood when I watched XY
5. Lucario - When he appeared in movie 8 and then was paired with Ash a lot in the series, it was my dream to get him and it became a fate, the unwavering ace of the current anime series
6 Lycanroc - Probably the best pokemon of Ash from Alola, and very strong, I was rooting for him when he fought in the finals, and since this pokemon was revealed before the peremier, I really wanted him to go to Ash

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Pikachu
Lucario
Sirfetch’d
Dracovish
Gengar
Dragonite <-> Greninja

Greninja isn’t really his Pokémon anymore, but if we count him in, than I’d throw Dragonite out of the team.

ShuckFam

Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Ash Lucario
Infernape

Best reserve team/Honorable mentions:

Gengar
Dragonite
Sirfetch'd
Swellow
Glalie
Sirfetch'd

Further honorable mention for Ash's best water type, Squirtle.

Broseph08

I'm putting them in tiers

1. Pikachu
2. Greninja/Lucario
3. Sirfetch'd/Dracovish
4. Charizard/Infernape/Dragonite/Gengar
5. Sceptile/Snorlax

Everyone else is after that but I'm too lazy to do that lol. Surprisingly, I do think Sirfetch'd and Dracovish established themselves as the best of the JN team after Lucario which I never would have predicted. They did fantastic in the M8. Dracovish forcing Steven to recall Metagross, beating Roserade and getting a good shot at Milotic, and beating that broken Rillaboom. I also think it would have beaten Leon's Dragapult if it weren't for Dragon Tail. Sirfetch'd beating Milotic and making Cynthia's Garchomp was crazy and even though it didn't get any wins against Leon, it was a big reason why Dragapult and Rillaboom ended up going down