• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash: A Timeless Encounter (1068)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1068.jpg

Ash: A Timeless Encounter

While training in a forest, Torrcat and Lycanroc's attacks collide. This disturbs the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi, who causes Ash to time travel back many years to where Ash meets a young trainer and his Litten. Back in the present, Professor Burnet finds and old photo of Kukui as a child with his own Litten, which causes Kukui to reminisce. Will Ash manage to get back to his own time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
One of the best SM episodes. Would have prefered a Ghostium Z for Torracat but Firium works as well since Torracat needed a Z Crystal.

This kind of episodes, traveling to the past and meeting the past counterparts of th current characters are really interesting so I hope they keep making episodes like this in future sagas.

Would have liked to see past Guzma, as well as Molayne and past Lusamine who could have been Kukui's travel companions.

Overall it was an amazing episode.

Last edited:

TheScentedApple

Really liked the episode, still don't understand why the Trevanant was a totem Pokemon considering we've only ever seen Totem Pokemon be 3x the size of the regular pokemon and on top of that, Trevanant is a Kalos pokemon not Alola, but who knows what the writers are thinking. Trevanant dying brings up some interesting points; the first being that Kukui knows what death of a pokemon feels like, which goes all the way back to when we had Litten's capture and Kukui being there to support Ash and Litten when Stoutland died, and the second being that they specifically made the effort to make Trevanant die, keeping it out of the current Totem Pokemon list we have. Could this further support the argument of the classmates becoming Trial Captains at the end of the series?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Really liked the episode, still don't understand why the Trevanant was a totem Pokemon considering we've only ever seen Totem Pokemon be 3x the size of the regular pokemon and on top of that, Trevanant is a Kalos pokemon not Alola, but who knows what the writers are thinking. Trevanant dying brings up some interesting points; the first being that Kukui knows what death of a pokemon feels like, which goes all the way back to when we had Litten's capture and Kukui being there to support Ash and Litten when Stoutland died, and the second being that they specifically made the effort to make Trevanant die, keeping it out of the current Totem Pokemon list we have. Could this further support the argument of the classmates becoming Trial Captains at the end of the series?

Trevenant is still a species you can find in Alola naturally like the other Totem Pokémon.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lol anyone notice that Kukui is even shirtless when he was a child? I dont like it that Ash performs Inferno Overdrive correctly from the first time. Nice episode. 7/10

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Okay, after this episode I am going to be genuinely disappointed if Satoshi's final opponent in the League ends up being anyone but Kukui. Pretty much everything about their interactions here practically screamed "We are going to fight again later and Kukui will be the winner of that fight". (Though I guess he has technically already beaten Satoshi as Royal Mask...)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Actually, Kukui asked what happens when you win the Pokémon League.
Satoshi did still kinda dodge the question, though.