1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash: A Timeless Encounter (1068)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Ash: A Timeless Encounter

While training in a forest, Torrcat and Lycanroc's attacks collide. This disturbs the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi, who causes Ash to time travel back many years to where Ash meets a young trainer and his Litten. Back in the present, Professor Burnet finds and old photo of Kukui as a child with his own Litten, which causes Kukui to reminisce. Will Ash manage to get back to his own time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

p96822 likes this.
  2. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Ash has the fire z crystal now

3. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

One of the best SM episodes. Would have prefered a Ghostium Z for Torracat but Firium works as well since Torracat needed a Z Crystal.

This kind of episodes, traveling to the past and meeting the past counterparts of th current characters are really interesting so I hope they keep making episodes like this in future sagas.

Would have liked to see past Guzma, as well as Molayne and past Lusamine who could have been Kukui's travel companions.

Overall it was an amazing episode.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  4. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Really liked the episode, still don't understand why the Trevanant was a totem Pokemon considering we've only ever seen Totem Pokemon be 3x the size of the regular pokemon and on top of that, Trevanant is a Kalos pokemon not Alola, but who knows what the writers are thinking. Trevanant dying brings up some interesting points; the first being that Kukui knows what death of a pokemon feels like, which goes all the way back to when we had Litten's capture and Kukui being there to support Ash and Litten when Stoutland died, and the second being that they specifically made the effort to make Trevanant die, keeping it out of the current Totem Pokemon list we have. Could this further support the argument of the classmates becoming Trial Captains at the end of the series?

5. Xeogran

Xeogran Hajimemashite.

[​IMG]

Alolan Diglettrio

6. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Trevenant is still a species you can find in Alola naturally like the other Totem Pokémon.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  7. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Quite the meta discussion between Gao and Ash's Pokemon League prowess.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Lol anyone notice that Kukui is even shirtless when he was a child? I dont like it that Ash performs Inferno Overdrive correctly from the first time. Nice episode. 7/10

anjunajake and FullmetalJackie like this.
  9. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

So why did Trevenant had the fire Z Crystal

10. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Why not? He's an experienced Z-Move user and he's seen the pose done before. Sophocles just wasn't confident in his abilities to use a Z-Move and Lillie doesn't know the full pose

11. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

What was it about?

12. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Okay, after this episode I am going to be genuinely disappointed if Satoshi's final opponent in the League ends up being anyone but Kukui. Pretty much everything about their interactions here practically screamed "We are going to fight again later and Kukui will be the winner of that fight". (Though I guess he has technically already beaten Satoshi as Royal Mask...)

13. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Gao straight up asks if he's won the Pokemon League, there's a pause, and Ash changes the subject.

14. are they laughing with us?

15. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Wow, that's cold.

Ashfahad123, satopi and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. they are joking with us

Ashfahad123 and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  17. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Gao just asked a question which millions of people like us have been asking for more than a decade.

LilligantLewis and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. are they teasing us?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  19. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

Out of all the filler episodes, that was a well made one. It was sad to see the remains of Trevenant covered in moss, but they portrayed Gao just like what you expect from Kukui as kid.

20. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Actually, Kukui asked what happens when you win the Pokémon League.
    Satoshi did still kinda dodge the question, though.

Ashfahad123 and Spider-Phoenix like this.