• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash: A Timeless Encounter (1068)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Kukui is definitely older than Delia, who's likely not even thirty
Okay, in the pretend universe in which Delia also doesn't age just like Ash, sure..... but considering that Ash's journey started so long ago, and Kukui is just getting married, we can at least agree that regardless of how slowly time moves in the Pokémon anime, those two events happened in a certain chronological order, with Ash being born WAY before Kukui got married........ at least ten years if not at least a little bit more than that..........................

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Okay, in the pretend universe in which Delia also doesn't age just like Ash, sure..... but considering that Ash's journey started so long ago, and Kukui is just getting married, we can at least agree that regardless of how slowly time moves in the Pokémon anime, those two events happened in a certain chronological order, with Ash being born WAY before Kukui got married........ at least ten years if not at least a little bit more than that..........................
Kukui's probably in his thirties, and Delia is in her late twenties, so...

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The Pokemon timeline doesn't really make sense anyways, especially when the cameos of the previous companions are factoring in, which means Ash already went through lengthly journeys with them before, unless a day in Pokemon world would last much longer or the humans there have a much longer life expectancy than our world, hence why they would have a hard time to age.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Its actually a pretty good question to ask "What is a Pokemon Master?" I like to believe that many different answers and interpretations of such a thing can exist. For example could a pokemon medical expert be included? Or perhaps collection or battle oriented experts also count? (among many other things?) According to that way of thinking I would say probably yes. Even as Ash says that he wants to become a Pokemon Master, in some aspects it could be said that he already meets the qualifications to already be considered a Master. Almost like a paradox or something like that.

Speaking of paradox's, if that kid was a younger version of professor Kukui then let me think for a minute. Ignoring the possibility of a multiverse for a moment then my guess would be that little Kukui did not recognize Ash the same way that we as the audience did. There could be other reasons for this but that would be my first thought after watching the whole thing. I want to say it looks like some kind of a Quantum leap type of scenario but it would be pure speculation. Either that or maybe Ash just became his own grandpa?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Its actually a pretty good question to ask "What is a Pokemon Master?" I like to believe that many different answers and interpretations of such a thing can exist. For example could a pokemon medical expert be included? Or perhaps collection or battle oriented experts also count? (among many other things?) According to that way of thinking I would say probably yes. Even as Ash says that he wants to become a Pokemon Master, in some aspects it could be said that he already meets the qualifications to already be considered a Master. Almost like a paradox or something like that.

Speaking of paradox's, if that kid was a younger version of professor Kukui then let me think for a minute. Ignoring the possibility of a multiverse for a moment then my guess would be that little Kukui did not recognize Ash the same way that we as the audience did. There could be other reasons for this but that would be my first thought after watching the whole thing. I want to say it looks like some kind of a Quantum leap type of scenario but it would be pure speculation. Either that or maybe Ash just became his own grandpa?
Why would Little Kukui recognize Ash? He hadn't met him yet. It would be adult Kukui who would recognize Ash way back in episode 1 of SM.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Why would Little Kukui recognize Ash? He hadn't met him yet. It would be adult Kukui who would recognize Ash way back in episode 1 of SM.
Some of us watched the Avengers Endgame movie. We thought Kukui would be like Nebula who can transfer memories between her past and future selves, but no young Kukui doesn't have such abilities.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Some of us watched the Avengers Endgame movie. We thought Kukui would be like Nebula who can transfer memories between her past and future selves, but no young Kukui doesn't have such abilities.
What? In that movie, Nebula was the one time-traveling. Kukui did no time-traveling in this episode.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What? In that movie, Nebula was the one time-traveling. Kukui did no time-traveling in this episode.
We can't help it. We love the reference from another media and the episode just happened in that moment.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
That is right, I just wrote it in a backwards(?) way. I meant since the big Kukui did not say anything then maybe he did not recognize Ash's face from when little Kukui looked at Ash. Either that or big Kukui not saying anything after Ash returned suddenly became really akward!

I like the idea of a reference to a Super hero thing but I was purely focused on Ash and trying to figure out if Celebi did it by accident or something else?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
That is right, I just wrote it in a backwards(?) way. I meant since the big Kukui did not say anything then maybe he did not recognize Ash's face from when little Kukui looked at Ash. Either that or big Kukui not saying anything after Ash returned suddenly became really akward!

I like the idea of a reference to a Super hero thing but I was purely focused on Ash and trying to figure out if Celebi did it by accident or something else?
Celebi was just there as a plot device and for no other reason.

The Litten and Torracat interactions were adorable but I don't like that Ash had to go back in time to inspire a young Kukui about creatiing the Alola League.

And then her husband didn't want to accept responsibility and left before Ash could tell what his face looked like. And Ash, being easy to fool, was lied to about his father going on a journey.

The story deepens...in my head.
That's what I think too. Poor Ash, his father left him.