• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash a winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
Ok, first off, I have noticed a lot of flame recently in this section, and I barely even post in this section, however if you are going to post, please don't hurt mine, or anyone elses feelings, we are a community, not a wrestling ring or a.....uh.....one of those things were they have debates.

Ok, I've noticed, and I'm pretty sure others have too, that the only leagues Ash has won are the Orange league, and the Battle Frontier (not really a league), apart from that, he loses in all of the main leagues. Personally, I think that in Isshu, he will either win, or he will have one of his Pokemon, like his Tsutarja (Assuming he catches it) evolve (assuming it evolves to it's final form) facing off against Shooti's in the final battle, and then either him or Shooti will win.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ok first off, I don't really get what you're trying to say in your thread. Are you asking is Ash a winner? Or are you asking how would Ash win in the Isshu league (if that happens)?

Aside from that, I don't understand why people keep bringing up Orange Archipelago. It's not an official league since it's not in the game and due to the fact that the Orange Island league format is unorthodox to the regular leagues. Ash never faced any other trainers in Orange Islands, except for the gym leaders and the head of the gym leaders, Drake. So I wouldn't call it a "league" and even though Ash managed to win it, I wouldn't count it as a "league win".

Joe.

Ash will actually win a "real" league when the show is over or they plan on a new main character for the next gen.

Kepperino

Team Dragonite
I don't know why Ash would win in Isshu. He didn't in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh.
What's the difference in Isshu?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Ash is best described as "A winner where it doesn't count."

He gets the wins everywhere else except where it really matters. He wins the Orange League and Battle Frontier, but he loses at the big show, the League. It's like if a football team that claims it will make it to the Super Bowl, but only come out of the season with a winning record and nothing else.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
And the cycle begins again ...

1. Denial. This is Ash's best Team ever! Of course he'll win the League!
2. Anger. THIS late in the series he looses to Shooti!? He needs to train more!
3. Bargaining. Maybe he'll win the League and lose the first E4 Battle.
4. Depression. Oh, he lost like he always does.
5. Acceptance. This happens every Series. It must be the way things are supposed to be.

... and there you have it.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Knowing the way the writers like writing things, if its a repeat of Hoenn where Ash uses no reserves, he'll make it to the top 4 again. Worst case scenario is that he only makes top 16 since this is a reboot. But who knows, the league is far away and we don't know what Ash's team will look like by then.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
And the cycle begins again ...

1. Denial. This is Ash's best Team ever! Of course he'll win the League!
2. Anger. THIS late in the series he looses to Shooti!? He needs to train more!
3. Bargaining. Maybe he'll win the League and lose the first E4 Battle.
4. Depression. Oh, he lost like he always does.
5. Acceptance. This happens every Series. It must be the way things are supposed to be.

... and there you have it.

And that wins the thread. Very well put.

Champion Jared 14

Ash is NOT a character anymore. He is a marketing tool the writers use to advertise the games. That's why his personality seems quite distant from what it once was. Unfortuanately, winning league tournament isn't a part of Ash's advertising jobs, and if it wasn't we would've seen Ash do so by now, and he probably would've been replaced by now so...

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
No, it's one persons opinion; it does not win the tread at all.

It's fact. By the way, it's pronounced THread, not tread.

Ok, first off, I have noticed a lot of flame recently in this section, and I barely even post in this section, however if you are going to post, please don't hurt mine, or anyone elses feelings, we are a community, not a wrestling ring or a.....uh.....one of those things were they have debates.

Ok, I've noticed, and I'm pretty sure others have too, that the only leagues Ash has won are the Orange league, and the Battle Frontier (not really a league), apart from that, he loses in all of the main leagues. Personally, I think that in Isshu, he will either win, or he will have one of his Pokemon, like his Tsutarja (Assuming he catches it) evolve (assuming it evolves to it's final form) facing off against Shooti's in the final battle, and then either him or Shooti will win.

Secondly, maybe it was best for you not to interfere with a section of a forum that you aren't too active in, just to make a thread about what were doing right or wrong, we have the Mods for that, and if the users can't stop flaming, then they will get banned, no need for a thread to just say that.

Thirdly, this is a forum, where we discuss ideas, topics and god forbid, wierd fantasies. We agree & disagree, its normal to have these kinds of discussions but some people let their periods get to their brain and they start flaming everywhere without thinking things through.

Last edited:

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
It's fact. By the way, it's pronounced THread, not tread.

Secondly, maybe it was best for you not to interfere with a section of a forum that you aren't too active in, just to make a thread about what were doing right or wrong, we have the Mods for that, and if the users can't stop flaming, then they will get banned, no need for a thread to just say that.

Thirdly, this is a forum, where we discuss ideas, topics and god forbid, wierd fantasies. We agree & disagree, its normal to have these kinds of discussions but some people let their periods get to their brain and they start flaming everywhere without thinking things through.

First of all, it's called typo.
Second of all, I never said I wasn't inactive in this section.
Third of all, that was both spam and flame.
fourth of all, if Ash was to win, I think that would probably be the end of Ash. So hopefully this series he does win xD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I should let you know now that this might be a closed thread in the future. But to try to answer the thread question, uh yes and no. But you're right. Maybe Ash should participate in less major leagues and competitions than the main ones. He seems to do those well for some reason. For example: He might lose the Isshu league , but if he were go somewhere else afterwards, he might win something else. Maybe he should have became a brain leader instead.(sigh)

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Anoobis has it right. As much as I don't understand why Ash's journey couldn't continue if he were to win the League and even defeat the Champion, the writers have shown they don't care to go that route.

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
Oh yes. Ash a winner. This should be called Ash: A winner? That actually sounds pretty intense.

It's beyond me why people take a kids show so seriously. Sure you can play the games however you want, making them less for kids and more for anyone...but the show? Yeah that's still for kids, it won't change too much.

Anyways, What An00bis said sums anything I could say up.

KibaLG8

It's beyond me why people take a kids show so seriously. Sure you can play the games however you want, making them less for kids and more for anyone...but the show? Yeah that's still for kids, it won't change too much.

Yea Team Rocket pointing a gun at a guy.... the Kangaskhan Kid wanting to drink from Misty's boobies, yea a kids show alright..... unless your talking about the Dub.

triangle

Triangle... I am one
I personally never got this anyone who played the games knows that, league < frontier I thought that it was kind of odd how ash can't beat the elite 4 but he can become a frontier brain. That just never made any sense to me.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yea Team Rocket pointing a gun at a guy.... the Kangaskhan Kid wanting to drink from Misty's boobies, yea a kids show alright..... unless your talking about the Dub.

Even in Japan that's kid stuff

KibaLG8

I personally never got this anyone who played the games knows that, league < frontier I thought that it was kind of odd how ash can't beat the elite 4 but he can become a frontier brain. That just never made any sense to me.

Because Frontier Brains aren't stronger then Elite 4 in the Anime. Heck, if you even played Platinum, Cynthia's Pokemon reach Level 65 I believe and you can fight the Frontier Brains at Level 50.....

Status
Not open for further replies.