• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and a Water Type Starter

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The funny thing is Ash has more water Pokemon than any other type.

He has Squirtle, Kingler, Totodile, Corphish and Buizel....and he used to have Lapras.

Totodile was the weakest of the bunch, its kinda of sad how poorly handled it was.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The funny thing is Ash has more water Pokemon than any other type.

He has Squirtle, Kingler, Totodile, Corphish and Buizel....and he used to have Lapras.

I guess that could be a reason why they don't evolve....making them evolve adds to the overall representation of his Pokemon and types; evolving them all would make it off-balanced.

kpt25

Steel type trainer
and again i notice another topic going into piplup's terrain when they mention the word "water starter".Piplup is nice,yes,but so overexposed in the anime
Empoleon is awesome,hands down,go discuss about piplup in other thread

Regarding this thread,i agree on the balance with Fully evolved and not evolved for ash's pokemon,but on the water department he just got screwed
He got all regional birds,all of them evolved at least once(taillow and starly) or were evolved when caught(pidgeotto,The shiny Noctowl)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
and again i notice another topic going into piplup's terrain when they mention the word "water starter".Piplup is nice,yes,but so overexposed in the anime
Empoleon is awesome,hands down,go discuss about piplup in other thread

Ash + Water Type Starter

Piplup = Water Type Starter

so:

Ash + Piplup

Math is fun. :)

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
I love that giant gator! aww who am i kidding?

scizor master

Put scizor on these!
Perhaps ash not getting a water starter is one of the unwritten rules such as he isn't allowed dark, steel, psychic or dragon types... and his only ghost type was haunter and that wasn't really his...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Perhaps ash not getting a water starter is one of the unwritten rules such as he isn't allowed dark, steel, psychic or dragon types... and his only ghost type was haunter and that wasn't really his...

uuuuh...Ash does get water starters...they just haven't ever evolved before.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
That unwritten rule that Ash can't get any
psychic,
dark,
steel or
dragon are totally lame. Ash could get those cool pokemon.

Look at Corphish, it could evovle to Crawdunt, but they dropped it.
But if Ash got a water starter with a dragon or ghost would be cool.
Water/Ghost=pwnage.

Ash, come on, get some pokemon that are
dark,
steel,
psychic or
dragon types. Also a Water starter.

-->id call Charizard Dragon at least.

-->Noctowl had Psychic moves as well.

I know its not what you mean, but thats a start ^_^

I do believe Ash should have had Larvitar-->Tyranitar on his team.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It's stupid... Why Ash's Squirtle wouldn't evolove...
Wartortle looks much cooler than Squirtle....

Well, for one thing, it would completely ruin the point of it beating the firefighting group of Wartortles as a source of pride.

Red Jr.

Banned
I also would like to see Ash break from the norm of having his fire/grass starters being the primary pokes for evolution. Perhaps in the 5th Gen he can have a water/poison starter which is a sea urchin :O , and have it evolve all the way to its final stage. But in all seriousness there too many damn sinnoh starters running a muck, Dawn's piplup, Jun's Empoleon, that contest kid's prinplup, Ash's grotle, Paul's Torterra etc.

dont forget Ash's chimchar.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Not even close.

He had Larvitar as an add-on to his team of six for around 5 episodes. Then they found Larvitar's full-grown Tyranitar mother, and reunited it with her.

Ahh you misunderstand, i wanted Larvitar as part of his team, ive seen parts of the episode.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Off-topic: But she has a contest one, but it is awesome, since it's Squirtshipping.

On-topic: If Ash want's to learn his pokemon the Elemental Hyper Beams, he should get Feraligater, since then he has one from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

Who's learned Blast Burn?

Ahh you misunderstand, i wanted Larvitar as part of his team, ive seen parts of the episode.

I just now caught the word "should" in that post; Sorry about that :)

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Well Totadile and Squirtle are tied on that topic. I relly think he will bring babk 'Dile in the BF and Maby a fifth gen starter