• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Co. pokemon nature and special ability

shac

I don't know if the anime really follows the special-ability and pokmon nature strictly or not, but I would love to know what you people think about the pokemon owned by Ash and Co. I know they are aware of the special ability because its mentioned every now and then....but I am really not sure if they strongly follow the "nature" guide and how att/def/sp.att/sp.def etc. depends on it. I'll list the sp. ability and natures(of what I think) of ash's present team for now-

Pikachu-static--jolly
Turtwig-overgrow--serious
Buizel-swift swim--rash
Chimchar-blaze--timid
Gliscor-sand veil/hyper-cutter (IMO ash's gliscor has hyper-cutter whereas Paul's one got sand-veil)--lax
Staravia-intimidate--brave

Plus...We might safely assume that Ambipom is more of a "technician" than a "pick-upper" since it has not picked-up anything so far...

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Plus...We might safely assume that Ambipom is more of a "technician" than a "pick-upper" since it has not picked-up anything so far...
How about Ash's hat??but who knows...

so,my opinion:

Pikachu-static-Modest
Turtwig-overgrow-Serious
Buizel-Swift swim-Brave/Bold/Adamant
Chimchar-blaze-Naive/Timid
Gliscor-sand veil[it got intimidated & coudn't attack]-quirky/lax/naive
Staravia-intimidate-maybe brave but it's hard to tell...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't think the anime has natures, but I thought this was worth mentioning:

Bulbapedia said:
Croagunk has been shown to have his own pace for things like eating, attacking, or following Brock. Similar to Ash's Treecko, he is also a bit of a loner, preferring to sit alone when eating or just resting. In An Angry Combeenation, he didn't like the sweet taste of honey, which may imply his nature is brave, relaxed, quiet or sassy. This makes sense, considering a nature which dislikes sweet flavors has a lowered amount of speed.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think Gliscor is a Naive nature and I think Ash's Cyndaquil was a Timid nature.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Actually, I don't think Pokemon are restricted to one special ability in the anime. Gliscor most likely has both Hyper Cutter and Sand Veil, and the other Pokemon which have two abilities also possess both too, only they are activated under different circumstances.

thunderblade12

Pikachu: Static
Turtwig: Overgrow
Chimchar: Blaze
Buizel: Swift swim
Gliscor: Sand veil
Staravia: Intimidate
Piplup: Torrent
Buneary: Run away
Pachirisu: Run away
Swinub: Snow cloak
Ambipom: Technician
Croagunk: Anticipation
Sudowoodo: Rock head(doesn't seem to be hurt by its double edge)
Happiny: Serene grace
Magmar: Flame body
Electabuzz: Static
Weavile: Pressure
Honchkrow: Super luck
Torterra: Overgrow
Ursaring: Guts
Gliscor: Hyper cutter
Glameow: Limber
Shellos: Storm drain
Misdreavus: Levitate
Finneon: Swift swim
Prinplup: Torrent
Alakazam: Synchronize
Breloom: Effect spore
Roselia: Natural cure
Kricketune: Swarm
Sunflora: Solar power
Blaziken: Blaze
Glaceon: Snow cloak
Wartortle: Torrent
Venusaur: Overgrow
Munchlax: Thick fat
Skitty: Normalize
Beautifly: Swarm

shac

Actually, I don't think Pokemon are restricted to one special ability in the anime. Gliscor most likely has both Hyper Cutter and Sand Veil, and the other Pokemon which have two abilities also possess both too, only they are activated under different circumstances.

Well unlike the game I'm pretty sure the nature of a pokemon can change in the anime

I like what I hear here......

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
As for Natures - there's no need for them. The thing equivalent of Natures in games... is probably the Pokémon's personality. Example: Pachirisu being hyper at times indicates its speed is higher than normal.

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
I'm not really sure about their natures and abilities although I am 99.5% sure that Pachirisu has RunAway. It loves to run away,lol. i'm 100% sure that Pochama has torrent (Duh!).

Bzong47

Not sure about natures in the anime, but they do use abilities. Pikachu has definately used static before.

firelovindocker

thse are the only ones that have been confirmed on ashes team
pikachu static
chimchar blaze
buizel swift swim ( maybe )

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Static for Pikachu and Blaze for Chimchar has been confirmed. Buizel could well have Swift Swim. Turtwig is obvious and Gliscor...could go either way. Sand Veil imo

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
With Ash's team

Pikachu- Hasty- Static ( It's pretty dang fast, and it does tend to lose its cool like ash )

Staravia -Calm- None ( Just seems like Ash's calmest Pokemon )

Turtwig- Jolly - Overgrow ( I say this because of the Speed Factor and the fact it's always happy )

Chimchar- Docile - Blaze( It's a peaceful little monkey, with the exception of DP 81 )

Buizel - Brave-Swift Swim ( Duh )

Gliscor - Quirky- Sand Veil ( Again self-explanitory )

Last edited:

marc220

I think pikachu is more of a rash nature,
buizel is most likely a lonely nature due to his "loner" thing going on like ash's treeko.
Grotle is more adamant because once he refused to dodge an attack or Jolly since he never seems discouraged
chimchar might be jolly since he seems happy now that hes with ash, or carefull, because he was concious of what he does(but this is most likely due to paul being so harsh)
Gliscor is most likely docile because it likes when ash gives it attention
staraptor hardly had much screne time so imma guess about mild. altho he could be brave or bold since he obviously likes to fight.

I know imma few months late on this but I couldnt resist :p

milenadrg

Ash's Pokemon
Pikachu: Hardy, Static
Staraptor: Brave, Intimidate
Grotle: Gentle, Overgrow
Chimchar: Timind, Blaze
Buizel: Hardy, Swift Swim
Gliscor: Jolly, Hyper Cutter

Dawn
Piplup: Bold, Torrent
Buneary: Mild, Run Away
Pachirisu: Naughty, Pickup
Ambipom: Jolly, Pickup
Mamoswine: Hasty, Snow Cloak

Brock
Sudowoodo: Jolly, Strudy
Croagunk: Lonley, Anticipation
Happiny: Unknown(still a child), Natural Cure

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
For Ash's team I would say: -
Pikachu - Static Ability and Loyal Nature.
Staraptor - Intimidate Ability and Brave Nature.
Grotle - Overgrow Ability and Bold Nature.
Monferno - Blaze Ability and Jolly Nature.
Buizel - Swift Swim Ability and Cool Nature.
Gliscor - Hyper Cutter Ability and Timid Nature.