• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Girls

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I was thinking lately about how Ash just doesnt seem to like girls. But when i looked back at the Kanto saga, it hit me that Ash DID like girls a lot.

Remember the episode: School of Hard Knocks (Not my favorite, with the levels and all..pidgeotto into pidgeot at level 36 etc)

Ash and Brock drooled all over Giselle, why isnt Ash like that anymore? :(

Heracross

Custom User Title
It was just one of those early elements which the writers chose not to continue in later episodes. We can never really know their reasoning for it, that's just how it turned out.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Giselle has magical powers. Or maybe Ash has an oddball schoolgirl fetish. Either way, it's not something likely to ever recur, much as I'd love to see Giselle reappear and everyone else grow confused at Ash's reactions to her. It could be amusing, and at least a change if nothing else.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
It was just to show that Giselle was a very attractive girl who could win over any guy she encountered. Note how Ash didn't show any affection after that moment, which was also for comedy references.

It's not something people should even take seriously. That wasn't the point of it all.

All guys shall bow to the awesomeness of Giselle :p.

And errr yeah all guys liked her so Ash would of or he would be some kind of emotionless robot.

Chris

Old Coot
Why isn't he like that anymore? Because he's pretty much put his priorities on being a trainer first, rather than googly eyeing girls. Takeshi can do that for him.

Thanx God, Ash isn't like Brock. Ash doesn't really care about love relationships. Pokemon and training are the most important for him. He isn't in love with Misty/May/anothergirlhere and good because the show is about pokrmon, not about love =D

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Pokemon isn't hitting in on the 'romance' angle...It's more of the 'action/adventure' angle...and with Pokemon AG doing in the top 15 in Japan every week, I don't think they will change Satoshi's characther in that way of turning him into a relationship.

If they do? Cool, I wouldn't mind it. I would totally dig a Takeshi School of Love to Satoshi through Shinou if Satoshi has a crush on Hikari. It would feel cliche' shouen to the max, but ya' know, cliche' is cool with me sometimes.

Rex Kamex

Ash spoke up to Giselle later on in the episode by saying there was more to Pokemon than calculating levels. Or maybe the writers feared that making him flirt with girls would make fans start unnecessary shippings. (Well, that didn't work.) XD

Pokemon isn't hitting in on the 'romance' angle...It's more of the 'action/adventure' angle...and with Pokemon AG doing in the top 15 in Japan every week, I don't think they will change Satoshi's characther in that way of turning him into a relationship.

If they do? Cool, I wouldn't mind it. I would totally dig a Takeshi School of Love to Satoshi through Shinou if Satoshi has a crush on [spoil]Hikari.[/spoil] It would feel cliche' shouen to the max, but ya' know, cliche' is cool with me sometimes.

[spoil]It would be interesting for Ash to fall in love with Hikari, though it's doubtful. I'd want to see how that would affect his training. I think a romance in the show would do well if done right, but I doubt it would be done right, or that it would even happen.[/spoil]

[spoil]It would be interesting for Ash to fall in love with Hikari, though it's doubtful. I'd want to see how that would affect his training. I think a romance in the show would do well if done right, but I doubt it would be done right, or that it would even happen.[/spoil]
[spoil]Probably he will N O T fall in love with her. It would be weird. He has met so many girls and he didn't fall in love. Hikari will be only his mate but not a lover. Its anime about pokemon, not about love. Brock has a crush on every girl and its enough. Ash could fall in love with May but he didn't do it, so I don't understand people who are saying that Ash will fall in love with Hikari -__- Ash as a hero should care only about his goal and about pokemon, not about romances[/spoil]

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
ì think its better that ash doesn't flirt much one brock is enough

Rex Kamex

[spoil]Probably he will N O T fall in love with her. It would be weird. He has met so many girls and he didn't fall in love. Hikari will be only his mate but not a lover. Its anime about pokemon, not about love. Brock has a crush on every girl and its enough. Ash could fall in love with May but he didn't do it, so I don't understand people who are saying that Ash will fall in love with Hikari -__- Ash as a hero should care only about his goal and about pokemon, not about romances[/spoil]

[spoil]I know. I never said he would fall in love with her, I'm just saying that it would be interesting to see him do that to see how it'll affect his dream. And even if Ash wasn't oblivious to girls, it wouldn't mean he'd have to fall head over heals with every girl like Brock does. A romance doesn't even have to be a big point in the story.[/spoil]

The only thing Ash likes is Pokemon, and that's how it will always stay.

Sorry shippers who enjoy impossible relationships from a show with no romance :(

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Ash is so ignorant towards girls that the ghost at Maidens Peak didn't lure him in even though she's supposed to take all (straight) men?
Make of that what you will

Chris

Old Coot
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Ash is so ignorant towards girls that the ghost at Maidens Peak didn't lure him in even though she's supposed to take all (straight) men?
Make of that what you will
Ghos' powers didn't effect him. That simple. Takeshi and Kojiro were easier targets, what with them being older males. Satoshi was pretty much well aware that the girl was already long dead. Takeshi and Kojiro got past that and really didn't care and even felt sorry for her. Big difference there.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Not to mention, Takeshi and Kojirou were easy targets because they both happened to be at the shrine when Ghos put his plan into effect.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Satoshi is at LEAST 13...and he may be as old as 16.

So you know, he really should be interested in girls. But you know, he could easily be more concetrated on his goal of being the master of pokemon, to settle down and actually have the time to build a relationship.

He's smart. Become a big pokemon trainer superstar, have millions of money and then settle down with Kasumi when there isn't anything else to do.