• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Girls

No mater what shipping it is, if you don't support it you see the hints as signs of friendship.

Not true. I see hints of love from many ships I don't support.
If you're able to see hints from ships you like, then you're able to find hints in ships you dislike/hate. It's hard to accept it, but you eventually have to admit it to yourself finally, like I have with the ships I dislike.

Last edited:

cecil 090

chaos of the night
I predict Ash will turn out gay

Ridley-X4

UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS
Good god, you never knew Ash was gay for Gary? Jeeez.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
mandikitty said:
Not true. I see hints of love from many ships I don't support.
If you're able to see hints from ships you like, then you're able to find hints in ships you dislike/hate. It's hard to accept it, but you eventually have to admit it to yourself finally, like I have with the ships I dislike.
But I don't see them that way just like they don't see Advanceshippy hints that way.

cecil 090 said:
I predict Ash will turn out gay
Oh please, not having a girlfriend doesn't make you gay. I've never had a girlfriend and I'm not gay.

But I don't see them that way just like they don't see Advanceshippy hints that way.

So you're telling me that you only see hints from ships that you like? Im sure it's just you not admitting to yourself that there are hints from ships you dislike.
I think you mean that people try so hard to convince themselves that a hint isn't really a hint from a ship they dislike. That's all. But I actually like to watch two people in a ship that I don't like, to see if those hints are actually real. And if they are, I accept it. What can you do? I mean, it's just a show. Come on now.

Oh please, not having a girlfriend doesn't make you gay. I've never had a girlfriend and I'm not gay.

Of course that's not the reason people see him as gay. It's because he's a 14/15 year old boy and he doesn't show interest in girls, whatsoever.

jwla

I think Ash's disinterest in girls stems from his journey to become a Pokemon Master. It's something he has to complete first, and won't let anything detract him from that. It's simple. He's single-minded. Not like Brock! :D

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
mandikitty said:
So you're telling me that you only see hints from ships that you like? Im sure it's just you not admitting to yourself that there are hints from ships you dislike.
I think you mean that people try so hard to convince themselves that a hint isn't really a hint from a ship they dislike. That's all. But I actually like to watch two people in a ship that I don't like, to see if those hints are actually real. And if they are, I accept it. What can you do? I mean, it's just a show. Come on now.
But I seriously don't see other hints in that way. Its the truth, I'm not denying anything. I know people consider them hints but I don't consider them hints. My guess is you can see why a hint is considered a hint but thats not the same as seeing as a hit yourself.

mandikitty said:
Of course that's not the reason people see him as gay. It's because he's a 14/15 year old boy and he doesn't show interest in girls, whatsoever.
Ash is still 10 according to Japanese sources. And even if he was older it'd only be 11 or 12.

Also having no interest in girls doesn't make you gay, having an interest in your own gender does though which Ash doesn't.

Ash isn't gay. He is a hetero only doesn't care about having a gf. Now he cares about his adventure, pokemon, training and other stuff but not care about girls. He doesn't need a girlfriend, he is too young for having a gf anyway. He is only 14-15 years old. He hasd good relations with boys and with girls but he isn't gay or bi. He likes boys as friends but not as love-mates.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Satoshi could be bi or homesexual.

We really don't know. He can blush and kiss girls all he wants -

Still can be bi or homosexual.

Won't happen because it's POKEMON,

But yeah - any other TV-14 shouen? Yeah, totally.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Maybe Ash is Poke'sexual, therefore has eyes only for Pikachu.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
He's been 10 for 10 years, does he not age?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
AncientMew said:
He's been 10 for 10 years, does he not age?
The anime timeline and our timeline aren't the same. Anime characters rarely age and when they do the show simply skips to when the characters are older. Digimon and Dragonball/Z are prime examples of this. Series one of Digimon the characters stay the same age until series two where they were alot older with yougest characters TK and Kari being around the age the rest of the cast were in series one. Dragonball characters aged when there is a large gap between sagas or in The Hyperbolic Time Chamber (The Room of Spirit and Time).

Last edited:

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I wonder what it must be like to only see hints for pairings you like? Guess I'd be living in a happy little fantasy land right now where Joey/Rachel never happened (omg Friends writers WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!). 'Course, I'd also be certifiably insane.

The fun part is, once Hikari shows up we're going to end up going through the Pokeshipping/Advanceshipping/Contestshipping argument all over again with different characters. Yaay!

So, Ash and girls. Tom Greenville, I hope you don't mind me saying so, but I can't help noticing you've formed your entire hypothesis on an event that has never even been aluded to. There is no evidence whatsoever that Delia read Ash fairy tales. Maybe in Pokemon land they have different fairy tales that are all about capturing Pokemon rather than knights rescuing princesses. Maybe Delia tried to read Ash things like Cinderella but he thought they were stupid. Or, hey, maybe she read him Cinderella and he listened to it but had enough strength of mind not to base his entire belief-system on children's stories he heard when he was three.

Regarding all those girls he met for the first time, it's actually a huge cliche for the two future lovers to have a big tiff when they first meet. ;)

As for Ash being gay, I feel there is faulty logic at work. Ash must be gay because he shows no interest in girls? You could as easily say that Ash must be straight because he shows no interest in guys.