• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Girls

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I think it is pretty obvious that Ash isn't ten anymore, and what I'm wondering is that, Ash seems to be connected to all of these girls and he never seems to be attratced to any of them. Don't you think it is about time we see Ash go a little girl crazy, or do you think he shouldn't get distracted by thatt stuff.

Sparky16

As much as I'd like him to start taking more of a notice to girls, I don't see it happening. He likes pokemon way to much for his own good :p Poor Mrs Ketchum will never be a grandmother at this rate. XD

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
No one ever said being a Pokemon Master means you have to be oblivious to the opposite sex. Its almost as if Ash doesn't even know what a girl is.

It's about time he showed at least some interest in girls.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Gissele says hi everyone :p

But seriously, maybe he'll gain an interest when someone who shares his dream comes along..One that isnt travelling with him btw ^^;

alicetama

Pokabu <3
Well, he has expressed interest in a girl... but that was episode 9 or 8, I think.

Maybe the writers don't want him to get him into girl, for some reasons.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
He IS still 10 he doesn't age on that show... -.-

Yeah but I had a crush on a girl when I was ten PLUS he's actually gotten to first base already and it didn't even seem like he enjoyed it, he just seemed confused.

Ash should not deserve a girl.

He's has way too many chances, and he's literly blew them all up.

First Misty
Then May
Then Dawn

I mean even Brock has a better chance at getting a girlfriend than he does.

LKH9

UberN00b
He IS still 10 he doesn't age on that show... -.-

Lyra is probably even younger than Ash, but she's already talking about love and who to choose to be boyfriend between Brock and Ash.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
indeed. don't drag his age into this.
I agree... i also think it doesn't hurt for him to show at least a little interest

LKH9

UberN00b
With some focus on love stuff, Pokemon will not be viewed as kid's show anymore.

pokefandt

I would like to have show a slight interest in the opposite sex. It would represent a bit of character growth for him. He doesn't have to go stir crazy over every girl he sees *cough*Brock*cough*, but still.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
weird ten year olds have sex...., weird ten year olds masturbate.

sorry just can't use that logic man, american ten year olds do not wear 2 inc miniskirts.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Girls are gay.

I'm sort of wavering over whether to keep this open or not, since while it's not technically discussing any specific ship, we have a shipping forum where you can feel free to blabber on about your fantasy pairings.

I'll keep it open for now, but don't get carried away. :)

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash had a crush on one Character of the Day very early in Kanto. Since Ash taking a liking to girls didn't really fit his character and could have possibly hurt his chemistry with the female co-star they retconned it pretty quickly. Even before Kanto ended, I think.

I feel like the way they're handling it now is fine. See, it gets kind of icky when you try to pair the Main Character off with some girl. Leaving Ash oblivious / uninterested in a romantic relationship leaves the door open for more possibilities they giving Ash even a passing romantic interest. It's kind of like the Pikachu Gender thing: maybe one day they'll give us a definite answer but for now the writers want to play different possibilities. It keeps everyone happy and stops people from rage-quitting the anime because Ash didn't end up with -Insert Shipped Character Here-.

Maybe Ash is into guys but doesn't go "guy crazy" because it's a kids show.

Probably my favorite post today, btw.

Gorebyss~

Normal Type Trainer
I think they made Ash thickheaded on purpose to prevent things like this xD I doubt they want the series to end with Ash sweeping Misty off of her feet and taking her to the Sevii Islands for a honeymoon -_-"

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Ash had a crush on one Character of the Day very early in Kanto. Since Ash taking a liking to girls didn't really fit his character and could have possibly hurt his chemistry with the female co-star they retconned it pretty quickly. Even before Kanto ended, I think.

I feel like the way they're handling it now is fine. See, it gets kind of icky when you try to pair the Main Character off with some girl. Leaving Ash oblivious / uninterested in a romantic relationship leaves the door open for more possibilities they giving Ash even a passing romantic interest. It's kind of like the Pikachu Gender thing: maybe one day they'll give us a definite answer but for now the writers want to play different possibilities. It keeps everyone happy and stops people from rage-quitting the anime because Ash didn't end up with -Insert Shipped Character Here-.

Probably my favorite post today, btw.

It was a good one, and you make a very good point. But what perplexes me isthat you can leave it ambiguous, that is fine, but they don't even give him hints other than subtle clues that shippers over analyze, but with other main character ships they do like Brock x Lucy, Tracey x Daisy, even Buneary x Pikachu!