• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Goh! Setting Off Anew!! (1225)

nuzamaki90

I wish, but Lillie would sure as hell vouch for him otherwise.
Reliable? Sure. Everything else? Not so much. Ash in JN was a lot more levelheaded, akin to his XY persona, but had some breaks where he could still show he’s a 10 year old kid. In SM, it was Ash letting it be known he’s a 10 year old kid, and leaving it at that. I still remember during the Necrozma arc he kept playing up how he didn’t know what to do as a joke. Pretty stark contrast from how Ash is in JN.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I actually just noticed that mewtwo is in the background during the lugia ride. Lmao, did they get lost all this time and still haven’t found a place?

More kanto pandering aside, the goodbye in this episode didn’t really make me feel much because i don’t really care about goh, and it ended feeling overly drawn out for me.

I do find it quite funny how goh’s goodbye probably ended up being the most trivialized amongst watchers, on account of getting overshadowed by a ash leaving and the new protags. Like i remember seeing a tweet where someone said the day of the episode was going to be bad because goh haters were gonna make a point of him leaving, but ash leaving and the new characters ended being all people could talk about. Hell, even for the episode itself i’ve seen people talk more about butterfree rather than anything else.

I just thought of something.

If Misty was super happy to meet Goh's Inteleon...

I'm incredibly curious to see her reaction to Ash's Greninja lol
She won’t ever see Ash-Greninja because it got deleted
Anyways, I love seeing Butterfree here

Spyro39

How is Messi an underdog?
Messi is a famous football player who's won a lot of trophies, except the World Cup. He's well known around the world.

So when he (and Argentina) won this year's World Cup, it felt like a monumental moment for him.

That, and the loose parallels drawn between him and Ash is why that tweet I posted was made up.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Messi is a famous football player who's won a lot of trophies, except the World Cup. He's well known around the world.

So when he (and Argentina) won this year's World Cup, it felt like a monumental moment for him.

That, and the loose parallels drawn between him and Ash is why that tweet I posted was made up.
Reading the comments was so wholesome
I've really enjoyed seeing the response of casuals all around the world and how much they have defended and celebrated Ash
I've even seen so many dunking on Red lmao
Feels nice to remind myself of that once in a while with all the doom gloom in the apparent fanbase all the time about how the anime sucks and all

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
...Goh learned absolutely nothing from his last Project Mew missions that barred Ash from coming, didn't he.

(And that's without going into how great he has it catching Pokemon, and how his own Pokemon evolve without his input. Us players have to do just a bit of effort to do that. Like, why does he even need Ash to adventure. What is he, Journeys Dawn?)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The more I think about it, the weirder this episode feels tbh. Idk why exactly, it's just something off

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The more I think about it, the weirder this episode feels tbh. Idk why exactly, it's just something off
Is it because we'll just end up seeing Goh and Chloe like in 6 episodes, utterly devaluing this "finale" somewhat, making one wonder why Goh had to Goh so soon.

Unless Goh doesn't show up because he had already met Misty for reasons unknown.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, it feels like a much better send-off to Ash than whatever the minisseries is meant to be.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode was SO lost in all the surprise, shock and sadness to Ash confirmed to be leaving and the hype shock and excitement of the new anime and just everything in between it never got to breathe on its own

Glad I rewatched it before the end in some hours from now. A lot of the dialogues here hit way harder than back then

Specifically TRio saying "The word again is too boring for our dictionary, until we capture Pikachu and give him to Giovanni we are here to stay forever and ever" seems like pretty set in stone confirmation what's gonna happen to them in the finale lol in regards to their open ending

And so many of Ash's dialogue, specially what he says during the Lugia ride "This is why I wanna go out on a new journey and continue journeying, I wanna meet and befriend lots and lots of new more Pokemon", definitely playing into his ending as well, especially after we see Latios's rejection of him in the penultimate episode.

But man, Goh and Ash's farewell actually hit hard this time compared to when I first watched it. Especially the music. Idk there's something even more final knowing this is it for Ash. It hit harder coz unlike Ash just continuing as always, it's the final companion goodbye and by extension, the FINAL Goh appearance and episode ever....
Honestly that Goh, Chloe and Ash segment is the proper ending for them, along with the narrator saying "their lives and adventures will keep on going. They will go on if i said so!"

Was fun to see the Yuyama Lapras trainer reference and Mewtwo flying thingie and noticing them this time around

I feel like that while yea this is a pretty definitive Ash ending too, it's also an Ash, Goh and Chloe ending TOGETHER

I figured the writers also wanted to show a more just Ash ending once before moving on and doing stuff they got left to do, reuniting Misty Brock and Ash trio, meeting Cilan, meeting Lapras Squirtle and a certain other old friend in the finale again, and answering what a Pokemon Master actually is to Ash now that he's the Pokemon World champion.
So if anything, MPM is the writers loving Ash too much to want to give him a more personal ending rather than ending it here on a JN ending note, doing things left with him they wanted to do along with Trio and then sending them off. It's just underwhelming because we always viewed MPM as the finale instead of the epilogue and JN as the finale, and well nobody was that excited for an open ending that we are definitely gonna be getting

Well, that's all. Bring on the Ash finale. Distant Blue Sky is the only episode I'm rewatching next before the finale airs