• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals! (781)

matt0044

Seriously, am I the only one who gets the Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt reference?

Seriously, am I the only one who gets the Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt reference?

You are a few weeks late.....we noticed that reference long time ago.

RVD_fan

I thought this was a decent start to the finale, it got everyone to the ruins and made it feel like something big was gonna go down. Team Plasma actually looked somewhat threatening. The conflict with N was pretty tense if a bit short. And hopefully we got some good development out of that conversation.

So far, so good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't care much for this episode. I know it's meant to see up the climax, but I thought it was just a regurgitation of things we've already seen and learned about. I liked N's moments though, if only because the animators always pay close attention to detail whenever he's on-screen (well duh, he's practically prince charming), and Team Rocket was enjoyable during the few scenes that they appeared in imo. I did feel that Cedric Juniper was redundant though. Looker was there and he's a top-notch investigator so I can't help but feel that he could have also taken on Cedric's role. But whatever. I give this episode five kisses out of ten.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Wow, this episode is awesome! Yay, finally at Dragonspiral Tower's; White Ruins!

So there's a lot of talking going on about Reshiram, the Light Stone and the legend of the White Hero.. I thought the Light Stone looks really cool and Cedric Juniper's jokes were kind of funny. N arrives, I'm not sure why he's so upset. :/

Oh, I really like the scenes with Ash and N like; Ash chasing N, after he took the Light Stone and N letting go of the Light Stone to try to save Ash from falling down the hole!! Also, Looker using Angie against Team Plasma after surrounding the rest of the group. XD

Ooh, Ash and N team up again! Man, this episode is awesome and its a nice set up for the next episode too!

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Episode N feels looong, not long in a bad way but long in a good way. In a way it feels as though we've gotten some nicely knit insight on N's character, what he stands for, his past, and other prominent characters. The first part of a three-part climax and ending to Episode N, without a doubt, I enjoyed the ride but all villain arcs. gotta end sooner or later. As expected all hell pretty much broke loose in a matter of minutes of finding the Light Stone, that's not all what made this episode entertaining. Gotta love Araragi-Hakase and his natural sense of zany behavior, I don't think I've ever found a professor to actually be amusing to watch up until now. He's a screwball all around and energetic. Handsome acting like a cop should and pulling off some major acrobatic-like movements like that was great. My biggest annoyance with this episode was how Iris and Dento's Pokemon pretty much got instagibbed by the frenzied Golugh and thus they were rendered helpless.

Akuroma will never cease to be an awesome character in my eyes. He's pretty much a mad scientist, he's not a person out to do malicious things but very morally gray. He does what he has to for his work that's that. At the same time there's just something entertaining about his behavior and facial expressions that we need more in this show. It's good to see there's more to his character than the typical "bad guy does bad things!" scenario we've gotten from past villains like J who was just out for money and generic villain-ry. The main event of this episode was, naturally, N and Satoshi clashing in their opinions. I'll enjoy that conversation more when I can fully understand what they mean but from what I did know it was an entertaining exchange. Just gotta love how N and Satoshi are just using the Light Stone - Reshiram itself - as a light source while they're trapped. It had some nice set-up for the inevitable and they really hit the ground running. Next episode looks like it's gonna be even better.

Haven't mentioned this yet but the Angelina and Brad Pitt reference was nice too. :p

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hmm... So I kind of find it a little bit interesting but like does anyone know what the legend of the White Hero is about and what Professor Cedric Juniper was saying about it??

SlimeStack

Episode N has gotten very good.

I had google translated subtitles but I seemed to catch everything just fine.

I'm hoping Team Rocket get something done, they haven't really suffered any losses yet but they haven't won anything either. They're just sort of annoying Plasma a lot lol.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Episode N has gotten very good.

I had google translated subtitles but I seemed to catch everything just fine.

I'm hoping Team Rocket get something done, they haven't really suffered any losses yet but they haven't won anything either. They're just sort of annoying Plasma a lot lol.

they are and i guess it's good and it changes things up a bit not having them annoynig ash and co. i think they could have done more with team rocket, especially their new pokemon, but still it's good.

SmartD

Good episode. Mr. Juniper is still at it with that speech thing. I'm looking foward to see the next episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why is is that the N arc feels like DP yet prior to that BW felt so out of place? During the part where N is talking to Ash and showed the picture of all those people with Pokemon I could not help but feel those character designs were really awesome and would of made great characters in the anime itself. Plus the last part was amazing with the ending scene needing to be made into a poster so badly!

NPT

Just a member
I like the N arc episodes so far, this episode was great too. I liked the scenes with Ash and N, it's cool when Looker threatened Angie with a pipe. I'm looking forward to see the next dub episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I like the N arc episodes so far, this episode was great too. I liked the scenes with Ash and N, it's cool when Looker threatened Angie with a pipe. I'm looking forward to see the next dub episode.

Wait her name is Angie? Every time her name is said idk what I hear since I can't seem to hear it clear

Did anyone notice Colress' voice getting extremely nerdy when he said something along the lines of "Well, they better get here quickly" in response to Looker saying has back up coming? Usually, he sounds like a Prince Charming type and then all of a sudden his voice goes into nerd mode. Did anyone else notice that?