• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Nebby! A Mysterious Encounter!! (987)

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
I will be expecting something close to USUM plot. From what we saw Lusamine maybe the first villain we encounter then it she will change sides because of the larger threat like the Ultra Recon Squad.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Lusamine is so far my favourite personality of SM anime. She is hyperactive and also didn't have any stupid falling gag like olivia had.

Ultra Beast Lover

Nebby's gonna be a cute little addition to the show. Also, I think we just learned how eggs are made.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I enjoyed this episode. It was a good introduction to the Aether Foundation's key players (Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, and Professor Burnet) and a good setup for the Aether arc. Since Professor Burnet was in this episode, I expected mention of Ultra Wormholes, but I did not expect Ash and Lillie to learn about Ultra Wormholes and Ultra Beasts this soon.

I do appreciate how all of the Tapus sensed Cosmog being born, and how Tapu Koko led Ash to Cosmog. Ash really is the Chosen One. I also appreciate how Lillie was the one who came up with the "Starcloud" nickname.

Lusamine didn't seem all that evil, but then, there were only a few hints of her villainy at this point in the games, too; the anime writers could have decided to better conceal her villainy/insanity. She did seem intrigued when Lillie told her Ash received his Z-Ring from Tapu Koko itself, and when Professor Kukui confirmed Ash is a strong Pokémon Trainer who has already complete two Grand Trials. She'll probably keep an eye on Ash and Nebby for now.

Faba, on the other hand, oozed "I'm sleazy" vibes at times (though those lima bean glasses didn't help). And can I say I love Wicke already? She just comes off as so bubbly and innocent.

I didn't understand all of the dialogue, so I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Lillie's issue with Lusamine is just about her evolving a Clefairy. Lusamine kept calling Lillie "good child" and "baby," and Lillie kept protesting that she is not a baby. She used Lusamine evolving Clefairy into Clefable without considering Lillie's feelings (she wanted to continue raising it as a Clefairy because it was cute) as an example of how her mother only considers her own feelings and not her daughter's.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Damn, Lillie was rude to her mother throughout the episode.

Faba is not happy with their decision to let Ash keep Nebby.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
If lusamine is the villain (don't know but heard the rumour about USUM revealing new villains), this will be the first time in the anime history that a female is going to be the main villain of the series. That itself means something.

As for the episode when nebby was born I liked the image of tapu koko was sitting on his throne, but why did it make ash follow it and be nebby's caretaker? Could it be that it is testing and stalking ash for this job only. I am interested in the role that tapus esp tapu koko will play in AF.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I can't believe some things didn't change. Lycanroc is still nudging on Ash and Rowlet is getting blasted off by Steenee after being attracted to her aroma. :p

I loved seeing all the Tapus and Tapu Koko lead Ash and Pikachu to Nebby. It was funny seeing how the guys were trying to stop Nebby from crying and Litten slapping Ash and Pikachu to wake up. :p:p Lillie have some hidden angry feelings towards her mother that she hasn't forgiven her for. I still don't trust Lusamine. She seems uncomfortably calm. (maybe because she isn't crazy yet) I love how Prof Burnet switches from silly to serious in a heartbeat, I'm guessing she and Prof Kukui are only friends here. The others seem pretty lively. Rotom was kind of annoying in this episode,... he is Ash's alarm clock after all lol. Great introduction episode!

this will be the first time in the anime history that a female is going to be the main villain of the series. That itself means something.
Did you forget Hunter J?

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
If lusamine is the villain (don't know but heard the rumour about USUM revealing new villains), this will be the first time in the anime history that a female is going to be the main villain of the series. That itself means something.

As for the episode when nebby was born I liked the image of tapu koko was sitting on his throne, but why did it make ash follow it and be nebby's caretaker? Could it be that it is testing and stalking ash for this job only. I am interested in the role that tapus esp tapu koko will play in AF.
Because Ash is the chosen one, yet again.
I did like the interactions between Lillie and Lusamine hehe (wasn't expecting Lillie to act the way she did, but I'm not sure why she was). Seeing Nebby interact with Ash n co was fun and see...Sophocles isn't useless, he found out what food Nebby liked. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I can't believe some things didn't change. Lycanroc is still nudging on Ash and Rowlet is getting blasted off by Steenee after being attracted to her aroma. :p

I loved seeing all the Tapus and Tapu Koko lead Ash and Pikachu to Nebby. It was funny seeing how the guys were trying to stop Nebby from crying and Litten slapping Ash and Pikachu to wake up. :p:p Lillie have some hidden angry feelings towards her mother that she hasn't forgiven her for. I still don't trust Lusamine. She seems uncomfortably calm. (maybe because she isn't crazy yet) I love how Prof Burnet switches from silly to serious in a heartbeat, I'm guessing she and Prof Kukui are only friends here. The others seem pretty lively. Rotom was kind of annoying in this episode,... he is Ash's alarm clock after all lol. Great introduction episode!

Did you forget Hunter J?

Hunter J wasn't the main villain, that was team galactic. Hunter J still played the second fiddle to them and even didn't get beaten by the MC. I was talking about the main villain of an organization. Hunter J was more like a contract killer who serves her contract. Lusamine is more of a big villain like giovanni and lysandre and that makes me curious how her personality will change towards the finale of AF.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The Tapus all sensed Cosmog's birth, so I assume Tapu Koko leading Ash to Cosmog is related to that. Given that the Tapus' sensed Cosmog's birth right at the moment it happened in Ash's dream, it's possible (and I wouldn't be surprised if) the Tapus are somewhat aware of what happened in Ash's dream.

That, and Ash is apparently the Chosen One again. :rolleyes:

I said this in my earlier post, but from what I understood (and I'll admit I didn't understand all of the dialogue), Lillie's issue with her mother has to do with how she feels her mother babies her, which she finds embarrassing. Lusamine kept calling Lillie "good child" and "baby," and Lillie kept protesting that she is not a baby. She also said something about how Lusamine only considers her own feelings and doesn't take her daughter's feelings into account.

Even though Lillie's character has been changed from her game counterpart and Lusamine's character appears to have been slightly changed from her game counterpart (it's too early to be certain), the fact that Lusamine babies her daughter is in line with how she treated her in the games—choosing her clothes for her, controlling every aspect of her life, etc. She seems to be one of those parents who doesn't recognize when her children have grown up and need more independence. The difference is that anime Lillie has the courage to stand up to her mother, probably as a result of living apart from her for so long.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Kind of strange nobody didn't draw attention to Dusk Lycanroc. Like, maybe have Lillie use Lycanroc to shield herself from Lusamine.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Awesome episode, can't wait to rewatch it with subs. I am very intrigued to see what path they're gonna take with the story compared to the games. So far so good!
Also, keep in mind Lusamine is surely not completely good here too. Type: Null exists, and was stolen by Gladion, which means she was still doing bad things that lead him to run off with it. And the mysterious accident that scared Lillie from touching Pokémon is still in the cards

Nafsika

The Tapus all sensed Cosmog's birth, so I assume Tapu Koko leading Ash to Cosmog is related to that. Given that the Tapus' sensed Cosmog's birth right at the moment it happened in Ash's dream, it's possible (and I wouldn't be surprised if) the Tapus are somewhat aware of what happened in Ash's dream.

That, and Ash is apparently the Chosen One again. :rolleyes:

I said this in my earlier post, but from what I understood (and I'll admit I didn't understand all of the dialogue), Lillie's issue with her mother has to do with how she feels her mother babies her, which she finds embarrassing. Lusamine kept calling Lillie "good child" and "baby," and Lillie kept protesting that she is not a baby.

Even though Lillie's character has been changed from her game counterpart and Lusamine's character appears to have been slightly changed from her game counterpart (it's too early to be certain), the fact that Lusamine babies her daughter is in line with how she treated her in the games—choosing her clothes for her, controlling every aspect of her life, etc. She seems to be one of those parents who doesn't recognize when her children have grown up and need more independence. The difference is that anime Lillie has the courage to stand up to her mother, probably as a result of living apart from her for so long.

If I'm not wrong someone mentioned that Tapus are Cosmong`s guardians and for that could sensed his birth!!! And also explains why the Tapus were so interesting for Ash!!! They could have forseen all that!!!

Ah that explains why Lillie attacked to her mother when she complimented of how much things Lillie has learn to school!!! Of what I understand Lillie knew some things for Ultra Beasts!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lillie knew something about the Ultra Beasts since her go to phrase is, "I read this in a book." :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Assuming that Aether are still the main villains, they made it really easy to tell who's being foreshadowed as good and bad this episode.

Good: Burnett, Wicke
Evil: Lusamine, Faba

Look at their eyes. Lusamine's and Faba's eyes are always covered (Lusamine's by her hair's shadow, Faba's by his colored glasses). Burnett's and Wicke's eyes are uncovered (Burnett's because she has shorter hair, and Wicke because her glasses are clear and seem to be lensless, though that's probably just due to lighting rather than actaully being lensless)

Simply put, the picture in episode 8 gives everything away. In that picture, Lillie is wearing white, Gladion black, and Lusamine is split down the middle with both colors. Additionally, all people in the picture are happy. In episode 44, Lusamine is wearing entirely white, and as far as I could tell, never mentioned Gladion, hinting she no longer considers Gladion her child.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing Satoshi's puffed up cheeks in the morning made me chuckle, and Hoshigumo-chan's loud crying tantrum was amusing. Seeing it turn down Lilie's cake and Kaki's milk was funny too, especially since it preferred Maamane's candy. I enjoyed Lusamine way more than I expected to, and I liked seeing the flashback of her evolving a Pippi via a Moon Stone.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Great episode! Ash's vision of Solgaleo/Lunala, all 4 Tapu's appearing in it gave a sense of a deep Aether plot at the start, then Nebby was as cute as ever. Lusamine looks to be a fine character, her relationship with Lillie seems to be quite intriguing- Lillie for some reason is really resentful about his mother lol. Mention of the UBs makes the episode makes this episode a perfect start to the Aether plot (which looks like it will be a blast). Great episode overall, 9/10.