• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Nebby! A Mysterious Encounter!! (987)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash and Nebby! A Mysterious Encounter!!

After having dreamt of meeting more Legendary Pokémon, Ash finds a mysterious Pokémon on the way to the Pokémon school. With no data on it existing in Rotom Pokédex, Ash nicknames it Nebby and decides to look after it. However, when he gets to school, he finds that Lillie's mother Lusamine is there and requests that he put Nebby into her care. Will Ash look after Nebby or will he give it to Lusamine?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
Gladion mentions Ultra Beasts in his scene before the OP.

OP confirms Z-Lillie.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ultra Beast is also mentioned by Lusamine and the others.

Faba isn't happy with the decision of letting Ash take care of Nebby.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay!! Lillie does come up with Nebby's name :).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So Lillie is mad at Lusamine just for evolving a Clefairy?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I liked this episode just a little too much.

Steenee slapping Rowlet was a little uncalled for though.

Lusamine interactions with Lillie are great to see. Not really that fussed that Lillie stood up for herself and argued with Lusamine since anime!Lillie has more of a backbone than game!Lillie did (until she changed her outfit).

Faba getting annoyed at kids was funny to see. Burnet and Wicke are adorable too.

My only hope is that SM doesn't lose the light hearted tone it set out with now we're getting to AF. It seems to be staying which is great to see.

Ultra Beast Lover

I liked this episode just a little too much.

Steenee slapping Rowlet was a little uncalled for though.

Lusamine interactions with Lillie are great to see. Not really that fussed that Lillie stood up for herself and argued with Lusamine since anime!Lillie has more of a backbone than game!Lillie did (until she changed her outfit).

Faba getting annoyed at kids was funny to see. Burnet and Wicke are adorable too.

My only hope is that SM doesn't lose the light hearted tone it set out with now we're getting to AF. It seems to be staying which is great to see.

Same, I don't mind this season being lighthearted in fact I kinda like this new approach. I just get tired of being stuck in one place with nothing to do.

Xuxuba

I really think Lusamine might not be the villain in this arc, now that USUM introduced new ones.
It wouldn't be the first time the anime's plot was based off the new versions. Look at BW for example.

This episode didn't show any hint that she might be bad whereas the games had a bunch of hints, like the first cutscene showing that AF was chasing Lillie or her evil smiles when she turned her back to MC and Hau.
She was also far more affectionate to Lillie here than she ever was in the games.
Lillie does have a problem with her but it's completely unrelated to the story and it doesn't even seem to be that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Only thing that truly seems to hint at Lusamine being a little shady is her hair and how it forms a shadow over her eyes

Nafsika

It was an interesting episode!!! And we have to wait for subs to ynderstand what they were saying abou Ultra Beasts!!!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It was an interesting episode!!! And we have to wait for subs to ynderstand what they were saying abou Ultra Beasts!!!

Or politely ask one of SPPFs users that understand Japanese.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I really think Lusamine might not be the villain in this arc, now that USUM introduced new ones.
It wouldn't be the first time the anime's plot was based off the new versions. Look at BW for example.

This episode didn't show any hint that she might be bad whereas the games had a bunch of hints, like the first cutscene showing that AF was chasing Lillie or her evil smiles when she turned her back to MC and Hau.
She was also far more affectionate to Lillie here than she ever was in the games.
Lillie does have a problem with her regarding pokemon evolution but it's completely unrelated to the story and it doesn't even seem to be that big of a deal.
I still think Lusamine's going to be an antagonist, but she won't be THE antagonist. If anything, she may just keep her role from Sun & Moon up until the part where she uses Nebby's power to summon the Ultra Beasts, then the new villains from USUM would take over.

Also, I wouldn't take her being affectionate towards Lillie too seriously since Lillie acted so cold & distant towards her. Plus, Gladion mentioned the games that she always acts kind and sweet whenever she wants something

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Fairly good episode. It didn't waste any time and mentioned and built up the important details. We saw the Tapus sensing Cosmog being born, and the mention of Ultra Beasts already. I felt the first half was kind of boring, and I especially hated Litten unnecessarily slapping Ash and Pikachu so many times, same with Steenee slapping Rowlet. Cosmog was pretty cute, and it already likes the bag.

I liked Lusamine a lot. She's actually a high profile scientist, but acts like an immature girl. So Lillie's issue in this episode seemed to be that she didn't approve Lusamine evolving Clefairy, though I'm sure that can't be the only reason why she's mad at her. However, based on today's trailer as well, and the new Ultra Recon Squad, I don't think Lusamine is going to be the main villain.

Overall, I give the episode 7/10. Nothing mind blowing, but a good episode that starts the whole AF arc.

Xuxuba

I still think Lusamine's going to be an antagonist, but she won't be THE antagonist. If anything, she may just keep her role from Sun & Moon up until the part where she uses Nebby's power to summon the Ultra Beasts, then the new villains from USUM would take over.

Also, I wouldn't take her being affectionate towards Lillie too seriously since Lillie acted so cold & distant towards her. Plus, Gladion mentioned the games that she always acts kind and sweet whenever she wants something
I also thought about that possibility but Lillie didn't seem that cold to me tbh. She just seemed embarassed about her mother hugging her in front of everyone.

IMO, if Lusamine had the same intentions as her SM games persona, then i think she would have at least tried to convince or manipulate Ash into giving Nebby but she was fine with him taking care of Nebby.

Yeah Gladion said that in the games but this is the anime, the characters are completely different. We also have to remember that in the games she used to be a kind and compassionate woman who genuinely cared for her children before she got in contact with UBs and became mad due to Nihilego's toxins, so what if she wasn't mad here.

Last edited: