• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Nebby! A Mysterious Encounter!! (987)

Nebbygetinthebag

A great Episode, Nebby is so cute while Lusamine is quite enjoyable and I like her interaction with Lillie. Also I like all the tapu appearance and I'm seeing a potential arc for the UB Which I'm so excited. Overall I rated the episode a 9/10.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I realky enjoyed this weeks episode. I honestly lauged so hard when Litten was smacking Ash and Pikachu to wake them up, that was so funny.

That whole scene with Burnet, Faba, Lusamine, and Wicke at the Altar of the Moone/Sun was interesting and I was wondering what they were saying the whole time.

That whole scene with Nebby crying in the Pokemon School reminded me of this one episode from XY when Ash got Noibat. I dom’t kniw why, it really did. And I swear I laughed so hard when Ash handed Nebby over to Kiawe to calm it down and Kiawe was freaking out, that was pretty darn funny.

I really kind of hope that the only reason why Lillie doe not seem to like Lusamine is because she evolved a Clefairy into Clefable. There’s got to be more to it than that.

So yeah, I really did enjoy this episode and I’m looking forward to more episodes and how everything will come together in the end. 7.5/10

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Question: What did Ash say when he handed Nebby off to Kiawe?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Think Ash just said "Kiawe, please" then ran away and Kiawe said "please, what does that mean"?! May be mistaken but I think that's it.
Well, that is a possible way to translate "tanomu", but in this case I'd say "I leave this to you" would be more appropriate.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It was kinda meh in some parts( annoying-faces returned), but when Lusamine and others came to Kukui's house it got better.Beginning was also good. Nebby's cute. It was Ok episode, overall.

Rajas

Well, that is a possible way to translate "tanomu", but in this case I'd say "I leave this to you" would be more appropriate.

Fair enough, it was poorly translated anyways, I was more intrigued with Lillie and Lusamine's dynamic. It seems that her mother does want to see her as something that she isn't so I could see her going crazy later on in the series.

DatsRight

Kind of strange nobody didn't draw attention to Dusk Lycanroc. Like, maybe have Lillie use Lycanroc to shield herself from Lusamine.

Ash never shown them Dusk Lycanroc, he has a habit of seeing rare or legendary Pokemon as just buddies.

Interesting episode, looks like the plots setting in, I'm still not sure if Ash is stealing Lillie's role with Nebby, since while he collects it by 'destiny', the others play a role taking care of it, including Lillie naming it. Like it has hints of a bond with Rowlet though.

I'm still on the side that this maybe isn't Lusamine putting on an act and is actually her normal self, along with the anime associating her with good intentioned people early on. I get the feeling the anime would want to downplay suggestions of an abusive relationship for Lusamine 'not being herself' as she slowly gets corrupted, thus we show normal good intentioned but overbearing Lusamine before things gradually get darker.

Lillie definitely has mommy issues. We haven't seen her pouty side since the first couple of episodes. I also kind of liked her and Kukui vouching for Ash caring for Nebby. They haven't known him for that long, but they know he's dependable.

Some funny comedy moments in the episode, what with the students struggling to comfort Nebby (Kiawe as usual gets the best faces).

For more minor observations, noticed Marowak is in class as Kiawe's representing Pokemon. Bad signs for Turtonator.

No one falling for Lana's fibs anymore.

Lycanroc 'rock nussles' Ash awake, while Litten takes a more fierce approach.

*sigh* It's looking more and more like the only thing Steenee has to stand out is smacking around Rowlet and Meowth (the former of which doesn't exactly make her likeable since it's always her that sets Rowlet off in the first place).

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm still on the side that this maybe isn't Lusamine putting on an act and is actually her normal self, along with the anime associating her with good intentioned people early on. I get the feeling the anime would want to downplay suggestions of an abusive relationship for Lusamine 'not being herself' as she slowly gets corrupted, thus we show normal good intentioned but overbearing Lusamine before things gradually get darker.

What do you think of my theories on Lusamine given my reasoning as described in the spoilers?

Good: Burnett, Wicke
Evil: Lusamine, Faba

Look at their eyes. Lusamine's and Faba's eyes are always covered (Lusamine's by her hair's shadow, Faba's by his colored glasses). Burnett's and Wicke's eyes are uncovered (Burnett's because she has shorter hair, and Wicke because her glasses are clear and seem to be lensless, though that's probably just due to lighting rather than actaully being lensless)

1. Simply put, the picture in episode 8 gives everything away. In that picture, Lillie is wearing white, Gladion black, and Lusamine is split down the middle with both colors. Additionally, all people in the picture are happy. In episode 44, Lusamine is wearing entirely white, and as far as I could tell, never mentioned Gladion, hinting she no longer considers Gladion her child.
2. Type:Null still exists and is still called such, which was meant to be a degrading name for it.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I like how we don't know who the real villain will be in anime; AF or URS. I can't wait to see how AF would react to URS( probably be enemies) Also, I wonder on which side TS would go, probably AF.

DatsRight

Shouldn't it be at least partly the Pokemon's choice whether they evolve? Ash from the start acknowledged it was Pikachu's decision if he evolve or not and he couldn't force him to do it, same when he realised Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Shouldn't it be at least partly the Pokemon's choice whether they evolve? Ash from the start acknowledged it was Pikachu's decision if he evolve or not and he couldn't force him to do it, same when he realised Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve.
I think some people are putting too much emphasis on this matter of Clefairy evolving into Clefable. As I've said many times, as far as I understand, Lillie used that as an example of how Lusamine cares more about her own desires and feelings than those of her daughter. Lusamine does whatever she wants, regardless of other people's feelings on the matter. Lillie wanted to raise Clefairy as a Clefairy, but Lusamine decided to evolve it into a Clefable in spite of her daughter's feelings. That was the point.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love Lusamine's voice in the dub, it fits her character perfectly imo. I also find it hilarious how she talks when she's embarrassing Lillie

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was kinda meh in some parts( annoying-faces returned), but when Lusamine and others came to Kukui's house it got better.Beginning was also good. Nebby's cute. It was Ok episode, overall.

Lusamine kind of stole the show for me. She was both bizarre and fascinating, with just a dash of adorable. In some ways, she reminded me of a much more hyper Shirona.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That new opening song though...that's gonna take some time to get used to lol.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
As usual, waiting for the dub proves to be an excellent choice on my part.

Well, the show's not even trying to hide Faba's role as the villain. I've never seen this saga, but I immediately have every reason to predict he's this arc's villain. If I'm right, then that'd be a good adherence to USUM. As for Lusamine, it's hard to approve of her show characterization as a smother mother. I hope that's an act. I think Ash made a good choice taking it upon himself to raise Nebby.

Lusamine sounds exactly like I figured she would, but Wicke sounds younger than I pictured. Then again, she looks younger in the show than in the games. Faba's got a good voice on him (apparently it's Daniel J. Edwards voicing him), as does Burnet.

That was neat that the dub did what they did in XYZ's premiere by having a nickname be used in the eyecatch. Plus, the dub's using the Z-Power Ring title card.

As this is a new season's beginning, I had hoped more new music would debut. But man, Nebby's theme is the loveliest/cutest thing ever. And the amount of kept JP music is down to a refreshing minimum.

Ultra Adventures is off to a great start.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
New opening is literal garbage.
Faba and Lusamine's dub voices are great, Burnet's okay.... Wicke's is just wrong, she sounds younger than Ash!
I am disappointed they didn't have Eggman's actor voice Faba, he still does voicework on the show.... but Faba's still good.

I'll never understand how Soph is so hated and Lana is so loved..... Soph is severely underrated. While Lana, let's just say she's the opposite of that..... Soph was an absolute gem here, as was Kiawe and Mallow

I forgot how cringey Lillie's dub voice is.... still hate how Lillie's such a ***** to poor Lusamine, Clefairy is Lusamine's Pokemon she has the right to do whatever she wants.

8/10