• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Nebby! A Mysterious Encounter!! (987)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
LOL at Lana "I can imagine it now.. Ash is walking to class, and out comes a Groudon!" It reminds me of her "You can even catch Kyogre!" line from Season 20, episode 5.

Also, something happened in this episode which I don't believe has happened since "Pasta La Vista!" aka it's the first time in the TPCi era.. the To Be Continued screen didn't contain a 1-2 second freeze frame at the end. It remained in motion throughout and led straight into the ending theme. In fact, I never knew what was the point of those freeze frames anyway, but they were present from Seasons9-20.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Okay so last week was the new season. But the tv guide info says episode 8 for today. What the heck???? Did the other episodes air this past week and I didn't know about it???

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Okay so last week was the new season. But the tv guide info says episode 8 for today. What the heck???? Did the other episodes air this past week and I didn't know about it???
Yes, it was a weeklong bomb. Saturday, March 24, to Saturday, March 31. 8 straight days - 8 new episodes. From now on, my best advice would be to follow along on the dub title thread as that's where we discuss all this.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode for the start of the season. Nebby was weird at first, but seems to be quiet and enjoyable. Some lines were funny, particularly for Lana saying something about Ash and Groudon, as @LilligantLewis mentioned above. Ash is right in the end, he is responsible to keep the promise he made to Solgaleo and Lunala, rather than having the Aether Foundation staff look after it.

Dub voices for the new characters are fine, whether they are good or bad. Can't please everyone, but alas, let's just enjoy them.

Lusamine, I get you're really ecstatic to see your daughter Lillie, but don't go overboard about hugging her and other silly things about her. Cut her some slack.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eh, what an opening. I can't decide if it's slightly worse or better than the last one.

That was perhaps the laziest, randomest way to make sure Ash is connected to the big beasts. "Illogical! Illogical! Illogical!" indeed.

Lusamine's voice is fine until she starts being too doting on Lillie, Burnet is decent, Faba sounds a bit too miss cast, and Wicke sounds way too young for my tastes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lusamine, I get you're really ecstatic to see your daughter Lillie, but don't go overboard about hugging her and other silly things about her. Cut her some slack.

I loved Lusamine's over-the-top cheerfulness here even if it was awkward to watch her glomp Lilie. As much flack as I give SM, at least I can praise how Lusamine turned out.