• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Passimian! A Touchdown of Friendship!! (1007)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash and Passimian! A Touchdown of Friendship!!!

While out shopping, Ash encounters a group of Passimian. He learns that there has been a fight between the Passimian of Melemele Island and Akala Island over who will be the leader, and the Melemele Passimian lost. Ash wants to help the Passimian who lost, but when it doesn't work, he decides he must join them as a Passimian to help out. Will Ash be able to help them win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Sorry guys. I have no idea why this didn't auto-post yesterday

Haha.. i was wondering if you forgot to make a thread fot this episode :p:p

Coming to the episode, it was nice over-all. 6/10. Though I am not a big fan if passimian, but given that ash needs a capture soon, i was expecting ash to catch a passimian in this episode. But it didn't happened. As the summary weren't also giving the capture vibes, the hopes weren't too high also.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pretty good episode this, even though Ash didn't catch Passimian. I can't remember the last time Ash bonded so closely with a wild group of Pokemon, it totally seemed like he became one among the group of Passimian. Also Ash keeping up with the Akala Passimian just reminded that eventhough SM Ash can't lift logs, climb a cliff, he is still somewhat fit.

Overall, 6/10.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Best filler in SM. Ash-Passimian was a funny joke (and possible nod to his Kalos ace). Nice seeing the market lady seeing Torracat (still not used to saying Torracat). The Passimian's teamwork (hence their species name) was right up Ash's alley & I loved him dressing up/acting like a Passimian. The fact that each island's Passimian has different color is nice. While I'm disappointed on no capture, I'm still loving this episode. 10/10 (Also I love how everyone was sad when Ash didn't come home & he comes home with a whole pack of Passimian)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well, I found this episode to be pretty average honestly. I didn't like Ash being a giant joke with Passimian smashing his face with the fruit, and the other Passimian literally sending him flying.

Truthfully, I never expected Ash to catch Passimian anyway, so I wasn't surprised or disappointed by that. I just found the whole part of Ash playing and getting to know the group by playing catch to be too long and boring. However, the final part where the two Passimian groups had an all out match was pretty entertaining.

Overall, I give this episode a 4/10. It's definitely far from being the worst episode to come out of this series, but still, it was a pretty meh filler imo.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I only watched raw yesterday, because I wanted to see and be done with it asap. It looks like the Passimian sport is based of the American Football, but without the field to make a touchdown. So I assumed that to win, the team had to get hold of the ball for an extended period of time without losing it. And judging by the near the end of the episode, it seemed there's no restriction about the number of active players from a team. I might be wrong, but then again I don't speak/read Japanese and I didn't watch the subs.

But yeah, it was an alright but forgettable episode to me imo.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
This was indeed a good filler episode.

It was nice to see a visit to the market lady whom they haven’t forgotten, so she can see that Litten has evolved. And of course, another episode in which Ash gets hit in the face by an object or sent flying in the air (poor Ash, he’s been really taking some physical hits this series). I also thought that it was pretty neat, on how the Passimian are different and they can be distinguished to see what island they come from.

The reactions from the classmates to Ash acting like a Passimian was humorous and I liked how Lana was kidding around (telling a lie), as usual. I think the joke was her pretending to understand what Ash was saying, when he was acting like Passimian in the classroom. She also seemed to joke around again in a similar fashion, later in the episode, which I still found a bit humorous. Glad to see the writers still incorporate that part of her character in some episodes somehow (her joking around the way she does). Speaking of Ash acting like a Passimian and dressing up like one, I thought it was fine. At the end of the day, Ash was being Ash, in wanting to help out some Pokemon.

The battle between the two Passimian groups at the end was entertaining, and if I’m not mistaken, it looked like the Melemele Passimian made Ash their new boss or champion lol.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wasn't expecting a whole lot going into this episode, but it turned out to be a lot of fun and really enjoyable—one of the most enjoyable fillers of SM so far, IMO. Ash bonded so well with the Passimian; it was cute how well they took to him and accepted him as part of the troop—right down to even choosing him as their new boss at the end of the episode. A part of me hopes we see the troop again, now that Ash knows where they live. (I got a laugh out of the scene where Ash arrived home with the entire Passimian troop.)

I have to ask, though: How on earth did Ash learn to speak Passimian (and in such a short amount of time)? Did Rotomdex give him lessons? And why did he feel the need to learn Passimian in the first place? I get that it was to better communicate with the troop, but don't they understand the human language? They seemed to understand it well enough. This does raise a good question, though: How well do wild Pokémon understand the human language compared to human-trained Pokémon or Pokémon who have spent most of their lives around humans?

The classmates' reactions to the whole thing were hilarious. I do like how it was Lillie's idea to make Ash a Passimian costume to help him better fit in with the Passimian troop, and how she enlisted Mallow and Lana to help her make it.

I was hoping Ash and his Pokémon would run into the fruit seller at the marketplace, so she could see that her beloved Litten had evolved into a Torracat, so I'm really glad they did.

DatsRight

This was an amusing episode, if also a filler.

Ash officially has inherited Iris' reflexes. In spite of his usual butt monkey antics, he was able to keep up with the Passimian throughout the whole thing. It seems he's found a sport he's good at....whatever it is. :p

Some nitpicks, well, I admit the plot is a bit hard to grasp due to how the game is depicted without much context, at one point the other Passimian seem to cheat outright (even if the villain ones invited it originally) and the game is won at some random point when they have the fruit....but it's not Tuesday, Patrick!

I admit maybe the narrative felt a bit too melodramatic considering this, and not in a deliberate parody way either. I get the bigger Passimian were menaces, but they still seemed like petty bully antagonists who deciding things through this ball game, not really much for a sinister undertone.

Still I did like the premise, another case Ash has to do something unique to save the day instead of a one minute battle or TR interference. The ending was funny as well, wonder if Ash will steal TR's catchphrase in the dub as well. XD

The other students were expectedly mere spectators, though I liked that the girls got some involvement by coming up with the costume.

One detail I liked is how they managed to diverge nearly all the Passimian by just mild tweaks in proportion and detail. I don't think a single one looked the exact same.

Other stuff; as mentioned the market lady seeing Torracat was cute, and I liked Mallow getting another fruit to an indignant Rowlet after Ash stole his first, getting a bit too committed to character throughout the episode. I do wonder how Ash's Poke-speak ended up, did he master the language or did he spend the whole match telling them to go fly a polkadot scented dishwater next century? XD

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
I rather have Team Rocket in this episode so the Red bands and the Yellow Sock could team up to beat Team Rocket up and gain respect for each other. Learning about the monarchy of the Passimian's is interesting, but they don't feel like interesting Pokemon in general

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And this season's references to other anime continues. This time, that Passimian jumping over the Akalan Passimian and the face the latter did was a reference to some old Gundam show, I think.

Of course, Melemele Island continues importing Pokemon from other islands.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It looked neat but because it was filler, there wasn't really much to add to the main plot because Ash didn't catch one of the Passimian. I liked how the Passimian were hanging about in their home to practise their kicking skills and that Ash 'joined' them as a disguised Passimian. I didn't like how the Akala Passimian were depicted as 'evil' and how the rest of the Melemele Passimian came onto the beach field and helped the Melemele Passimian win which was like cheating. But it was neat that the Melemele Passimian were holding up Ash because of him encouraging them to participate and win.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Glad you're back posting Serebii! :)

What a fun episode this was! Ash was super playful here to the point where it reminded me of how we were like as kids that age and make believing we were monkeys. :p I loved that his friends encouraged him and helped him transform into Ash-Passimian. I just loved the flashbacks and sportsmanship in the football-esque battle scenes. It was also pretty cool that they didn't need to use attack moves to show off how powerful they are and Ash was at a big power disadvantage. The good thing was that he was really small which gave him more time to dodge and squeeze out in time. The ending was funny too when Ash became the new boss lol!!

Seeing the old market lady again and watching her recognize Litten was great. Lovely Ash episode as always!! It was a good call to not involve Team Rocket.

Vipsoccermaster

Glad you're back posting Serebii! :)

What a fun episode this was! Ash was super playful here to the point where it reminded me of how we were like as kids that age and make believing we were monkeys. :p I loved that his friends encouraged him and helped him transform into Ash-Passimian. I just loved the flashbacks and sportsmanship in the football-esque battle scenes. It was also pretty cool that they didn't need to use attack moves to show off how powerful they are and Ash was at a big power disadvantage. The good thing was that he was really small which gave him more time to dodge and squeeze out in time. The ending was funny too when Ash became the new boss lol!!

Seeing the old market lady again and watching her recognize Litten was great. Lovely Ash episode as always!! It was a good call to not involve Team Rocket.
I would agree, it is a fun little filler episode that allowed Ash to help out the Melemele Passimian take back from the Akala Passimian. However, since Ash became the boss at the end and came back with the whole Passimian troop during the Poké Problem segment, this is going to leave a plot hole in the dub.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode, I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. I was a little skeptical when I first heard the sypnosis of Ash dressing up like a Passimian but honestly, he seemed to fit right in with them.

I have to say, the part when Ash and Lana were tossing Rowlet as if it was a volleyball was kind of funny to me. I was kind of surprised that Rowlet actually allowed that and even seemed to enjoy it, especially seeing as how it got mad when it was picked up by the Passimian in the beginning.

I honestly was glad to see the Melemele Passiminian stand up to Akala and were able to beat them in the end. Even though I know that was going to happen, I still really loved it. It was also so funny to see the Passiminian make Ash their leader and carry him off. I have to say, I would love it if Tiny came back in the future and joined Ash in a battle. It doesn’t have to be a member of his team, I just think it would be interesting if Ash snapped his fingers and the Melemele appeared behind him and battled with him. It’d be so interesting, especially since they think he’s their leader.

That ending was hilarious. Right after the PokeProblem session when you got to see Ash’s Pokemon and Munchlax sad on the porch. The the next thing you know, here comes with Ash with the entire Passiminian tribe. That really made me laugh.

I give this episode a 7 out of 10. Not my favorite episode by any means but I really did enjoy it.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I didn't like how the Akala Passimian were depicted as 'evil' and how the rest of the Melemele Passimian came onto the beach field and helped the Melemele Passimian win which was like cheating.
To be fair, the akalan passimian kinda pulled a "bring it on you all and your mothers" to the Melemele ones before the rematch, that's why Ash joined in a 4 vs 3 game (and the other passimians later). More like a "United we're stronger" scenario, but since the Akala ones were being douches the whole episode, I barely can mind if it was a fair game or no.

Anyway, still a fun episode, even without capture. I hope Ash's relationship with the passimians keep being a thing this saga.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode had a fun premise, and even though none of the wild Nagetukesaru joined Satoshi's team, I liked the sport theme featured here. Watching Satoshi dress up as a Nagetukesaru himself was amusing, especially when he was carried away.

Daizy

I call you honey
I was kinda sad when Ash didn't catch a Passimian despite how he had formed a bond with them here. I guess he's stuck with his below average team for a while longer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I'm kind of glad that Satoshi didn't end up capturing a Nagetukesaru here since I can't see what the point of him owning a Fighting-type at this point in SM would be.