• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Passimian! A Touchdown of Friendship!! (1007)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Is there anything these days that doesn't get blamed on "SJWs"? Geez.
It's like how Genwunners are the exaggerated scapegoat of the fanbase since Gen 5. Quite annoying :rolleyes:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Lol @ at the all the black people who think just because they’re fine with it every black person must be. Anyway it was mediocre filter that has no relevance to the overall show, why so pressed? And the irony of all this is the mass complaining about SJW’s who are apparently known for complaining. It’s the elbow calling the ankle ashy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokemon Power said:
Yeah, they're not dubbing this episode. They're worried that the scene where Ash dressed up as a Passimian and painted his face black would be viewed as racist.

I don't see why the scene couldn't have been edited or simply cut out entirely. I thought TPCi's editing department was capable of things like that.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
@Leonhart There could be a possibility that TPCi may edit out Ash's black face paint, and then air the episode out of order. If they were able to easily replace a glass of wine with orange juice in the Kukui wedding episode, then surely editing a face isn't that hard.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Lol @ at the all the black people who think just because they’re fine with it every black person must be. Anyway it was mediocre filter that has no relevance to the overall show, why so pressed? And the irony of all this is the mass complaining about SJW’s who are apparently known for complaining. It’s the elbow calling the ankle ashy.
What I personally find funnier are the sheltered white guys suggesting that people who might be offended by blackface are just "overly sensitive SJWs"

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
What I personally find funnier are the sheltered white guys suggesting that people who might be offended by blackface are just "overly sensitive SJWs"
Honestly. It’s like anytime you show any compassion towards a community; it’s being a “SJW”. Black face is/was real along with the stereotype of black people being compared to monkeys. People are really acting like this episode was going to make or break the series.

DatsRight

It was a really cool bit of limelight for Ash though, it really shown his eccentric side and his ability to work plans without the use of battling or even his own Pokemon. I don't think any previous series has tried that with him as fully. This was one of the episodes that truly proved Ash could hold an episode just on his own character.

And in fairness anyone who bothered to learn the context of this episode will know what the element in question is really about.

A shame, I would have been interested in hearing Natochenny try doing this one, it was definitely a more versatile moment for Ash.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
After all, black people were seen as apes before they were seen as humans.
Actually its a bit more complicated than that. It could be argued that what we think of as racism is a comparatively recent development (i.e. centuries old, not thousands of years old). That is the idea that blacks were "sub human" came into common belief in the west more as a way to justify targeting them for the slave trade, not the other way around. Before that prejudices tended to be more about what society/culture you came from rather than what race you were. For most of history slavery was based more on social class or debt (or being a conquered nation) than it was on race.

<><><>

I do find it odd that they couldn't just remove the "black face" from Ash, but perhaps that would be more expensive to do than I give it credit for.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Honestly. It’s like anytime you show any compassion towards a community; it’s being a “SJW”. Black face is/was real along with the stereotype of black people being compared to monkeys. People are really acting like this episode was going to make or break the series.

Oh, definitely. I got slandered by a bunch of purists from Spanish-speaking territories just for having a heart and understanding the tough position TPCi was in. It's astounding how people act like doing the right thing is wrong.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It looks like the Passimian sport is based of the American Football

Interesting! If so, it's ironic the episode never aired in America.. (btw, the reason I say "if so" without knowing is because I haven't seen any of this episode at all)

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Personally I didn't have an issue with Ash's choice of facial make up since it wasn't meant to be blackface obviously. What bugged me more was how once again Ash dedicated his precious time to helping a bunch of wild Pokemon while he could've been doing something more useful with his own team.