• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and psychic pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalkus

He doesn't tend to use them despite the fact he does not specialize in any one type of Pokemon. Is this just a coincidence or is there a purpose behind this?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
He doesn't tend to use them despite the fact he does not specialize in any one type of Pokemon. Is this just a coincidence or is there a purpose behind this?

He hasn't captured a Steel or Ghost type either and I highly doubt there's a conspiracy behind that. It's just a coincidence imo.

Canada

Banned
Lorde has it right. It hasn't happened because it hasn't happened, that's all. Nothing says he won't catch one some time in the future either. Honestly there's nothing else to it. (unless you want to count all the joke posts in this thread as points, lol)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Coincidence. Plain and simple.

chalkus

He hasn't captured a Steel or Ghost type either and I highly doubt there's a conspiracy behind that. It's just a coincidence imo.

He did have a Haunter for a while.

Ash catches at least 6 Pokemon per region yet never uses psychic even after he saw how badly Sabrina schooled him in Kanto. He seems to follow a pattern. He always gets a bird, fire, grass, water and electric type (Pikachu) which leaves room for one more but he never gets a psychic. It would be nice if he got a Ralts and raised it to a Gardevoir. It would be refreshing to see him incorporate a psychic style to his battling.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I know, it's so odd that Team Rocket has had all the psychic types (Wobbuffet, Chimecho, Mime Jr., etc.) and Ash has had zero. They've also had a lock on the ghost types compared to him too.

Ruas

I think it's indeed because it's overpowered. Psychic being able to mess with one's mind etc seems too much to handle for Ash. Ghost Pokemon also similar in some sense - they could make Ash into a ghost too. You could say that about Dark types & Dragons too. Dark has some negative connotations while Dragons are reserved for a more powerful trainer. I personally don't count Krookodile, since he is primary ground. Also Ash only trained a Gible but never could evolve it. But, I really don't see why he couldn't train a steel type. Don't see anything "wrong" in that...

Status
Not open for further replies.