1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash and psychic pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by chalkus, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chalkus

chalkus Well-Known Member

He doesn't tend to use them despite the fact he does not specialize in any one type of Pokemon. Is this just a coincidence or is there a purpose behind this?

2. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Because psychic types are OP.

3. Nodame

Nodame Cute Pokemon fan

and too cool for Ash.

4. Kuvario

Kuvario I am who I am...because of them.

That, and the writers hate him.

5. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

Psychic types are usually given to GOOD trainers. IMO, he doesn't fit that description...

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

He hasn't captured a Steel or Ghost type either and I highly doubt there's a conspiracy behind that. It's just a coincidence imo.

7. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

something telling me ash is not smart as what people think, psychic tends to be smart people right?

8. Canada

Canada Banned

Lorde has it right. It hasn't happened because it hasn't happened, that's all. Nothing says he won't catch one some time in the future either. Honestly there's nothing else to it. (unless you want to count all the joke posts in this thread as points, lol)

9. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Coincidence. Plain and simple.

10. chalkus

chalkus Well-Known Member

He did have a Haunter for a while.

Ash catches at least 6 Pokemon per region yet never uses psychic even after he saw how badly Sabrina schooled him in Kanto. He seems to follow a pattern. He always gets a bird, fire, grass, water and electric type (Pikachu) which leaves room for one more but he never gets a psychic. It would be nice if he got a Ralts and raised it to a Gardevoir. It would be refreshing to see him incorporate a psychic style to his battling.

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

He never actually captured it; it merely tagged long with him for an episode. Again, he hasn't caught a Steel or Fairy type either. It's a coincidence.

12. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

He should just catch a Klefki. Problem solved.

13. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I know, it's so odd that Team Rocket has had all the psychic types (Wobbuffet, Chimecho, Mime Jr., etc.) and Ash has had zero. They've also had a lock on the ghost types compared to him too.

14. Ruas

Ruas Well-Known Member

I think it's indeed because it's overpowered. Psychic being able to mess with one's mind etc seems too much to handle for Ash. Ghost Pokemon also similar in some sense - they could make Ash into a ghost too. You could say that about Dark types & Dragons too. Dark has some negative connotations while Dragons are reserved for a more powerful trainer. I personally don't count Krookodile, since he is primary ground. Also Ash only trained a Gible but never could evolve it. But, I really don't see why he couldn't train a steel type. Don't see anything "wrong" in that...

15. Kuvario

Kuvario I am who I am...because of them.

Yeah, that's a more logical reason for Ash not to have psychic types.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.