• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Shota/Scottie rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

After the latest episode, we pretty much realised that Scottie is the main rival and Tierno is probably the less-intimidating one (like Nando or Barry in DP). Also going on with the DP season, one of the greatest things about the series was the fact they had a 6v6 battle outside the League...

Going on with that, I think we may have a similar 6v6 battle before the League, where I actually really fantasise that the last battle of the 6v6 is Frogadier and Grovyle, and they BOTH....wait for it.....EVOLVE that would definitely make the battle one of the most epic ones in the series...also I wouldn't mind if that battle is a draw, so that the overall result of the 6v6 is a draw...

What do you guys think? Seeing that this is a huge rivalry, not just between Ash and Scottie but also between Frogadier and Grovyle, do you guys see another 6v6 before League?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I don't like either Rival. It reminds me of Unova again where everyone is friendly but not very strong.

We probably won't have a Full Battle outside of the League since I imagine they don't want to show Tierno or Scootie's full deck before the Main Event. Unlike Paul neither of them look like the type to drastically alter their Team just because of some minor grievances. Since it's also slim pickings when it comes to the Kalos Pokemon I imagine just one and not both will have a Full Team. Probably Shota since we've seen three of his already and he's able to mix it up with Hoenn Pokemon.

They probably won't wait that long to evolve Froagadier. I think he'll evolve before the end of the year.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't like either Rival. It reminds me of Unova again where everyone is friendly but not very strong.

We probably won't have a Full Battle outside of the League since I imagine they don't want to show Tierno or Scootie's full deck before the Main Event. Unlike Paul neither of them look like the type to drastically alter their Team just because of some minor grievances. Since it's also slim pickings when it comes to the Kalos Pokemon I imagine just one and not both will have a Full Team. Probably Shota since we've seen three of his already and he's able to mix it up with Hoenn Pokemon.

They probably won't wait that long to evolve Froagadier. I think he'll evolve before the end of the year.

Tierno:
- Wartortle, Raichu, Politoed, Hitmontop, Ludicolo.
Shota:
- Grovyle, Bagon, Slurpuff

If anything, Tierno's pretty darn close to a full team atm, and he has no Kalosian member yet. Just add one Kalosian dancer, and he's done. Though I get what you mean.

ShadowForce720

Tierno:
Shota:

If anything, Tierno's pretty darn close to a full team atm, and he has no Kalosian member yet. Just add one Kalosian dancer, and he's done. Though I get what you mean.

Watch I wouldn't be surprised if Tierno winds up getting an Aromatisse.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster

Trip was a jerk, it wasn't friendly, or at least not as friendly as Cheren and the player in BW. I think Scottie could be a decent rival becvause he's actually started weak and is gaining strength steadily, wheras Trip started unrealistically strong and arrogant but started losing to everyone halfway through.

i have a feeling that shota will beat ash in the league because of how they are portraying him. i dont want shota to be a jobber cause if he is whats the point of having him? Just so ash can look good, he has been destroying everyone this region he already looks good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What do you guys think? Seeing that this is a huge rivalry, not just between Ash and Scottie but also between Frogadier and Grovyle, do you guys see another 6v6 before League?

Idk, I don't even think it's that "huge." I mean Shota's pretty weak as we saw, so I can't take him as a serious threat to Ash, much less believe that we'd need a 6-on-6 match between them before the KL.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Tierno:
Shota:

Ah. I just remember Raichu and Wartotle because they're the only ones I care about.

It's pretty weird that someone from Kalos doesn't have at least one Kalos Pokemon.

Then again, I played X and had to hunt for a Fletchling. Encounter Rates are terrible. :I

Trip was a jerk
Trip also washed out in the first round.

He was so much of a non-threat that the writers cast aside during the League for literally everyone else.

For an Eevee Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.