• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yay it is a tie XD, I was expecting a tie but with the grass snakes being the ones, Tepig winning and Oshawoot losing.

Got everything wrong and now with the help of Shooti photos Oshawoot should be able to do the attack well next episode.

Nice episode, development wise, battle balance wise, funny moments.

Hahahaha poor Dent.

Yeah Grassmen the tie makes it more fresh that another loss.

Servine must be at a really high level right now according to what Shooti was talking about, he beat Snivy pretty easy.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Ash and Iris realized that they abandoned Cilan, the scene cuts out with Cilan on his lonesome the screen is a Pikachu shaped one.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I understand Tepig took the draw pretty hard...why i don't know.

He always does, he always goes depressed mode when he doesn't win, he feels in debt for Satoshi for caring for him and saving him after his trainer abandoned him due to not being strong enough, the writers could probably make a damn bonding episode exploring that and showing Satoshi saying to him that he doesn't mind if he loses if he gives his best or something like this.

But nah we will probably get more Oshawoot/Sraggy/Snivy episodes.

playerking

He always does, he always goes depressed mode when he doesn't win,

*Looks at it's battle against Druddigon*

Well, Ash had one tie, or two with Paul, so I guess it's okay that it was a tie. It was cool to Alder, and to see Bouffulant Debut, even though it was a flashback.

dman_dustin

This episode had its faults (primarily Snivy vs Servine) but I guess most of it was okay. I mean I don't know why but I think the battle portion was just crap. I mean as hilarious as it was I think they focused on lunch too much. The battle was really horribly rushed, not the best written battle in terms of quality written battles, but I love how it ended in a draw.

Snivy vs Servine- A big cop out if I ever saw one. One hit and Snivy's down, they really want to show Servine as his big bad didn't they? And Trip, SHUT THE **** UP about Snivy still being unevolved. If she doesn't evolve even once I'm fully blaming you, and yes I realize your a fictional character but that's not going to stop me from printing your face and putting it on a punching bag, and beating your picture until it's unrecognisable. This is the second time you mentioned how unevolved Ash's Snivy is, honestly just SHUT UP.

Flashback- As cool as it was to see Alder and his Bouffalant, Trip you're not supposed to make revelations only to the audience. But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

Timburr vs Oshawott- LMAO. Oshawott you are the absolute greatest Pokemon that Ash has ever had. Man that confidence when you shell bladed Timburr for the win, and knew you knocked it out was pure awesome. Please evolve all the way, and redeem the main water types for Ash that didn't evolve.

And LOL at Trip explaining to Ash why Oshawott keeps failing Aqua Jet. Seems rather contradictory.

Tepig vs Vanillite- A slight cop out only because Vanillite's ice attacks were beating fire attacks or tying as well as the battle being rushed as hell. But a tie making the battle a draw was acceptable, though I really wanted Tepig to win, but then I realize Oshawott given its record probably needed the win more than Tepig. Next battle Tepig is in, better be a win. And LOOK Tepig was upset with the loss/tie like usual. I guess that Druddigon loss was an animation fluke then.

I almost forgot. LOL, when the narrator was doing his end of episode spiel, I was like "Wait, what about Cilan?" LOL best ending of an episode, since Ash, Dawn, and Brock forgot Gliscor in the episode where Dawn's Pachirisu got sick. Just LOL.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
*Looks at it's battle against Druddigon*

Well, Ash had one tie, or two with Paul, so I guess it's okay that it was a tie. It was cool to Alder, and to see Bouffulant Debut, even though it was a flashback.

I was actually going to mention that he didn't feel that way against Druiddigon but I disregarded thinking that he was like, well that was a big dood haha.

dman it was a one episode only I knew it was going to be rushed, they rushed the 6vs6 too, they need to start giving this kind of episodes, two instead of one, I was fine with it though since I knew it was going to be like this and didn't have huge expectations lenght wise.

dman what wrong with the unevolving coment? that how he trains and thinks it should go, Shinji bashed Satoshi pokemons too, Shooti wasn't even bashing anything or calling them weak, he just saying they needed more leveling up(training)...

On another hand Gaiash the unevolved pokemon master should be pissed at him tough, you nah(joking Gaiash don't take this seriously).

Last edited:

playerking

This episode had its faults (primarily Snivy vs Servine) but I guess most of it was okay. I mean I don't know why but I think the battle portion was just crap. I mean as hilarious as it was I think they focused on lunch too much. The battle was really horribly rushed, not the best written battle in terms of quality written battles, but I love how it ended in a draw.

Snivy vs Servine- A big cop out if I ever saw one. One hit and Snivy's down, they really want to show Servine as his big bad didn't they? And Trip, SHUT THE **** UP about Snivy still being unevolved. If she doesn't evolve even once I'm fully blaming you, and yes I realize your a fictional character but that's not going to stop me from printing your face and putting it on a punching bag, and beating your picture until it's unrecognisable. This is the second time you mentioned how unevolved Ash's Snivy is, honestly just SHUT UP.

Flashback- As cool as it was to see Alder and his Bouffalant, Trip you're not supposed to make revelations only to the audience. But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

Timburr vs Oshawott- LMAO. Oshawott you are the absolute greatest Pokemon that Ash has ever had. Man that confidence when you shell bladed Timburr for the win, and knew you knocked it out was pure awesome. Please evolve all the way, and redeem the main water types for Ash that didn't evolve.

And LOL at Trip explaining to Ash why Oshawott keeps failing Aqua Jet. Seems rather contradictory.

Tepig vs Vanillite- A slight cop out only because Vanillite's ice attacks were beating fire attacks or tying as well as the battle being rushed as hell. But a tie making the battle a draw was acceptable, though I really wanted Tepig to win, but then I realize Oshawott given its record probably needed the win more than Tepig. Next battle Tepig is in, better be a win. And LOOK Tepig was upset with the loss/tie like usual. I guess that Druddigon loss was an aniomation fluke then.

I almost forgot. LOL, when the narrator was doing his end of episode spiel, I was like "Wait, what about Cilan?" LOL best ending of an episode, since Ash, Dawn, and Brock forgot Gliscor in the episode where Dawn's Pachirisu got sick. Just LOL.

Could not agree more, but did Trip mention that Snivy was unevolved before, I don't remember. I liked the ending too, poor Cilan and Dwebble seemed extra cute in this episode for some reason. About the Gliscor thing, that was when I knew that Gliscor was actually cute, despite it's appearance.

I liked the Bouffalant vs Haderia action. Too bad Haderia's trainer was a normal guy. And Bouffalant most likely used Head Charge.
I thought that Trip will use some other attack to counter attract but he used Leaf Tornado.
Mijumaru winning was the most shocking part of the episode. I thought that they would make Miju lose just to show that Aqua jet needs more work but the matchup was nice.

But the most important part, Alder looked totally awesome. He has the champion vibe around him just like Cynthia.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Could not agree more, but did Trip mention that Snivy was unevolved before, I don't remember.

he did back when he and Ash had the five on five battle.

Tepig better be next after all this Oshawott business, seriously it pains me to see the pig getting depressed.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I liked the Bouffalant vs Haderia action. Too bad Haderia's trainer was a normal guy. And Bouffalant most likely used Head Charge.
I thought that Trip will use some other attack to counter attract but he used Leaf Tornado.
Mijumaru winning was the most shocking part of the episode. I thought that they would make Miju lose just to show that Aqua jet needs more work but the matchup was nice.

But the most important part, Alder looked totally awesome. He has the champion vibe around him just like Cynthia.

Yeah he did look cool but they made him seem older in the anime in my opinion, he is still the most badass champ though, him or Lance but I think I like Alder more.

Zard I'm a fellow fire type lover, it pains me too :(, give the thing some development besides let's run in a threadmill and learn Nitro Charge.

BlueDragonfangirl

LOL Awe man the ending, best ending Poor Dento! They'll have to do the cleaning for a week to make it up to himXD Glad we got some Trip background here, I'm liking the guy more and more. I was just glad it was a tie this time, I'd have been sad if Ash lost again, maybe next time before the league he can win.

Yeah he did look cool but they made him seem older in the anime in my opinion, he is still the most badass champ though, him or Lance but I think I like Alder more.

Well Lance was more like a secret agent, being part of G-Men(hope that the name). But Alder, he is kind of, I don't know, raw? He looks like a guy from faraway place training hard for like 20 years showed up out of nowhere, defeated all E4 in one shot each and became the champion. I would really want to see him more. Please writers don't pull a Steven with him.

Did the ending meant that Cilan ate up all the food? Or were they waiting for Ash and Iris. The ending was a little blurry for me.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yes I like his design, his atitude ingame was pretty cool too, I can't talk about his anime atitude since I haven't seen him besides the flashback which he just seemed like a kind huge badass dude.

dman_dustin

dman it was a one episode only I knew it was going to be rushed, they rushed the 6vs6 too, they need to start giving this kind of episodes, two instead of one, I was fine with it though since I knew it was going to be like this and didn't have huge expectations lenght wise.
Volkner vs Ash was well done, and that was a three on three too. Not to mention this wasn't your typical three on three either.

dman what wrong with the unevolving coment? that how he trains and thinks it should go, Shinji bashed Satoshi pokemons too, Shooti wasn't even bashing anything or calling them weak, he just saying they needed more leveling up(training)...

Trip wondering why Snivy isn't evolved, reminds me of Casey making the same comment to Ash's Bayleef making Ash say "Bayleef is perfect the way 'she' is."

A trainer taunting a Pokemon about its unevolved state isn't making it any more likely for said Pokemon to evolve. It's actually giving said Pokemon a reason not to evolve.

Especially given Snivy's personality. If it was Tepig, it would evolve just to beat the tar out of Trip's Pokemon, but remember who Snivy is. She doesn't take crap from no one. So it makes her even more unlikely to evolve because Trip is insulting her base form.