• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Bah so you are scared those coments might mean it won't evolve? ignore it that, seems like you are worried Kiba or whoever else has been making those jokes/comments are going to post something on that regard, ignore that... it's not like I give two shits if you guys think Krokorok will get caught or not, I ignore people when they go biased mode.

Yeah Volkner was fine but it was still pretty rushed, Torterra got koed easly, wich saved them alot of time, just like they did it now with Snivy but yes if they ignored Dent stuff they should have more time, but Dent stuff was actually funny not selling candies and interrupting league battles making them 5secs.

dman_dustin

Yeah Volkner was fine but it was still pretty rushed, Torterra got koed easly, wich saved them alot of time, just like they did it now with Snivy but yes if they ignored Dent stuff they should have more time, but Dent stuff was actually funny not selling candies and interrupting league battles making them 5secs.

Yes I know, the Cilan stuff was funny but they got to the battle way too late, hell I was starting to wonder if the preview lied, since the episode was near almost over and we didn't see any sign of Tepig vs Vanillite until like last two minutes of the episode.

I just wish it started earlier, Snivy actually hits Servine at least once before being OHKO'd, and Vanillite dealing a bit more damage to Tepig for it to be a tie.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So, does this mean Iris is afraid of Ice types like how Misty is afraid of Bug tyoes

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
So, does this mean Iris is afraid of Ice types like how Misty is afraid of Bug tyoes
Kinda. She doesn't like the cold and mentioned that it could be a trait all people of her hometown share (as the village elder we saw in the flashbacks hates the cold too, apparently). She explained that Dragon types might have "rubbed off" on her, seeing how they're weak to Ice types.

Not 100% sure if I remember this correctly, but I think Trip also made fun of her, saying that if she was like a Dragon type, she should be afraid of Dragon types as well since they also have a disadvantage against their own type.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Kasumi was scared because she didn't like bugs, like some people in real life.

Iris has an aversion to the ice types due to them being strong against Dragon types and her growing up in a Dragon type village kinda makes sense that , that is their biggest fear in terms of battling.

Kustem

Stylish knight
all ash starters have to evolve, i want that happends but now tepig have a strong reason to do it, it have to improve a lot, im afraid snivy is like bulbasaur she is going to prove, that evolve isnt important(hope not) and oshawott was brilliant, i see a strong samurott in the future,

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I gotta say, I'm glad Ash beat Trip in this episode. It shows that the writers aren't going to repeat what they did with Ash and Paul. I'm surprised that Trip met Adler when he was a kid; it makes me wonder if Adler will make a future appearance in the series. But what I'm REALLY surprised about is Iris' fear of Vanillite, but from what I'm hearing here, it seems she doesn't like ice pokemon in general. Makes me wonder what will happen when the gang runs into Kyurem.

Graham Aker

I gotta say, I'm glad Ash beat Trip in this episode. It shows that the writers aren't going to repeat what they did with Ash and Paul. I'm surprised that Trip met Adler when he was a kid; it makes me wonder if Adler will make a future appearance in the series. But what I'm REALLY surprised about is Iris' fear of Vanillite, but from what I'm hearing here, it seems she doesn't like ice pokemon in general. Makes me wonder what will happen when the gang runs into Kyurem.

It was a tie, Ash didn't beat Trip.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I have to say, after watching this episode I kinda like trip. He didn't seem to be arrogent and he was actually pretty friendly and helpful.

RickHoenn

Banned
This was a great episode much much better than the previous two altough I liked the Elgyem one.

Just when I was worried about Trip, the writers throw some bit of his past, what an amazing flashback, Alder is so ****ING COOL! :D Like Pepsi Plunge said he has that "vibe". The rivalry between Ash & Trip is interesting and it's nice he's teasing Ash... Ash needs to train harder.

Yeah I'm glad it was a tie, many predicted Ash was going to lose again and give up on the episode before even watching it.

One of best ep. so far this saga. 10/10

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
So I was wrong after seeing the episode pics; but still, at least Ash didn't lose.

First of all, Oshawott faced Timburr, not Vanillite and Oshawott defeated Timburr. The match ended in a tie.

Oh I see, it wasn't a 3 vs 3 battle! It was 3 individual 1 vs. 1 battles. I knew Oshawott defeated Timubrr, I just wanted to know if Ash and Trip tied, then that would have meant that Oshawott fainted. But I was wrong about the style of the match

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm glad it turned out to be a tie..... there is hope for this rivalry.:D

Bah so you are scared those coments might mean it won't evolve? ignore it that, seems like you are worried Kiba or whoever else has been making those jokes/comments are going to post something on that regard, ignore that... it's not like I give two shits if you guys think Krokorok will get caught or not, I ignore people when they go biased mode.

I am semi-kidding about Snivy evolving. Those small hints during episodes doesn't confirm whether Snivy will evolve or not, but it does seem to point it in that direction. If Trip did insult Snivy's base form, it might mean Snivy won't evolve or it will stay as a Snivy for the majority of the series. Snivy lost to Servine... seemed pretty cheap.... [And rushed] so the argument does get invalid here about unevolved Pokemon beating their evolved form... Snivy beat Servine once, & then lost to it.... seems like were back at square one.

Seemed rush to me.... same with this battle... they started the 3 on 3 battle right after the halfway commercial came on. The battles seemed short & rushed but whatever, Ash tied against Trip, so I'm not going to complain when I got what I wanted.

gliscor&yanmega

It was a tie? I thought Ash won.

Servine vs Snivy-Servine won, not surprised.

Oshawott vs Timburr-Surprised it was the second battle. Oshawott won.

Tepig vs Vanillite-Draw? I guess the pictures left out Tepig's knocked out face since it doesn't have the swirls on it's eyes in the pictures. I haven't seen the video yet.

Regardless, this episode looks awesome to me.

Cilan awesomeness is awesome.

Learning a little about Trip is awesome.

Alder appears via flashback. I can see this being foreshadow of Alder appearing at some point and ends up being disappointed in Trip. Bunch of stuff goes down.

Timburr, Vanillite, Palpitoad, and Bouffalant debut.

Awesome battle. Looks short and what not, but that hardly matters to me.

Iris had her moment too.

Overall it looks like a great episode. Can't wait to see it...whenever that will be.

Aegon

Yay! A tie, at last! The comment that Iris is scared of Ice-types is a nice touch, but I can't help but feel that it was probably thrown in when the concept of the Dragon Buster came to be. It would have been better if we learned this in The Bloom is on Axew!, but I can't complain.

I really like how Alder appeared in this. Also, is anyone else reminded of Dia ( Adventures ) when Cilan is preparing meals for Ash, Iris, and the Pokemon? The animation seems different, or at least the backdrop was simply the best I've seen in awhile. ( the lake and forest )