• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why does Alder look like Jiraiya?

Salamandre

Why does Alder look like Jiraiya?

well ever since the 8th sinnoh gym leader they started borrowing characters from naruto :p(half sarcasim). But yea theres big difference in the eyebrows

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Off topic but did Ash get the Krokodile? I heard someone say its at Juniper's lab

Salamandre

Nope as far as we know it might not be in the series anymore due to lack of appearences

TheEpicGoomba

I was really happy with this episode. Cool to see Iris be scared of Ice types, it makes sence. Cool to see Timburr and Vanillite. Really glad with the outcome of the battle hopefully in the future Ash will win some and not just at the league. I hope it will be in the next battle.

10/10

Squirtle_007

Finally got to watch this episode that ended the "apocalyptic streak of fillers"

- It starts with Cilan making crappy Brock-style soup for the kids while Iris teachs Ash how to be wild like her
- IT´S SHOCKING TIME!!! and Cilan grounds the children for ruin the food ... and they don´t give a crap about it and just throw him an apple to calm him down
- Iris challenges Ash to a race to the Oran tree and runs into Trip who was about to catch a Palpitoad with a Vanillite, wow, Palpitoad is sure ugly ... and I´ve never been a fan of the ice cream line, they just look ... kinda stupid, Pokémon based on food ... ugh.
- So, Iris gets curly with Ice-type Pokémon, cool foreshadow for BW036.
- Trip looks interested in Iris and her hometown and takes pictures of her and Axew, too bad she didn´t wanted to battle him, I hope they battle eventually.
- Servine got his revenge against Snivy.
- And now is time to watch Trip´s background story, Alder acting like a WWE Superstar telling to Trip "I will be Champion until you challenge me to a match and it will be epic" by now, maybe Alder doesn´t even remembers that little kid, heh, it´s kinda cute how Trip´s motivation is a promise that a celebrity made to a little boy to look good in front of his audience.
- Yay, another victory under Oshawott´s belt, and a very good one I must say, it was my impression or Timburr´s lumber changed sizes during the battle?
- So, Trip is not all that cocky and actually wants to help Ash to get better, that´s a nice turn of events, in Trip´s last episode, he looked like he didn´t even considered Ash as a rival, now he even remembers Ash´s tendency to use types that have disadvantage.
- Tepig vs. Vanillite, it was nice to see two attacks collide and not exploding.
- And it ended in a draw, cool, it´s nice to see an equally strong rival.
- Weird, looks like Cilan uses cooking as a therapy, after doing that buffet he looks kinda relaxed, even if he said in the begining after the soup was ruined that "there wasn´t food left" but he even had the time to bake a cake, the time ... and the stuff ... where he could have an oven?

Still an awesome episode, BW Rulz!! :D

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I'm glad (in general) that ice beam in the anime has turned from an attack that always freezes to more of a bolt that sometimes freezes. I just wanted to state that.

Cilan scenes are funny.

Overall it was a fine episode with minor plot bits. Great non-filler.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I liked this episode because it promises A LOT of change in Pokemon's formula:

1) Levels now exist.

2) Champion foreshadowing is stronger than ever conveying the idea that either Ash or Trip will win the League.

3) Trip said that winning the Pokemon League was only a "step" before entering the Champions League.

4) Trip said that Ash winning a League would not heavily contribute to his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master.

Swagmander

I love how Iris and Axew are afraid of Vanillite because it's an Ice type. It's sort of a throwback to Misty and how she was afraid of Bug-types :p

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Yay, Trip! ./sarcasm :p
It was funny how Dento snapped at the beginning of the ep xD. Interesting to see how Iris hates the cold. I liked how Iris was "supporting" Ash and helped manage to persuade Trip into battling him. It's nice to see that Iris has Ash's back :). Anyways, the battle was alright. Mijumaru missin' them aqua jets like normal... But it was epic how it fainted the Timburr. Sad to see Snivy faint so quickly. Pokabu was cute and strong :3.

Somewhat off topic, but Trip/Shootie is really.... ugly. o_o Ash is way cuter -I mean stronger ;).

I liked the episode. I was glad Snivy lost, because the old "I'll just use attract on you and then slap you around so you'll lose" thing was getting old and it would be boring to see Snivy beat Servine.
Yay, Oshawott beat Timburr!
I like it that they gave Trip a Vanillite. I always liked the Vanillite line. I can't wait to see how it battles as a Vanilluxe if it's strong enough to beat a fire type while it's still a Vanillite.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Ugh, this setup pretty much means Shooti at some point must win a tournament.

I could see him draw against Ash in the Unova final, but I doubt that will happen, since Ash is not allowed to win a league.

While I admit the battles were rushed, I do not agree that the end results were wrong.

Snivy being oneshotted annoyed me, but we knew since earlier that Servine's Cut is absurdly strong(beating out Volt Tackle). And really, once it parried Attract, Snivy was doomed to defeat- the earlier Snivy vs Servine battle was only won because of Attract, Servine was easily stronger even back then. But at least it wasn't just an instant loss, they exchanged a few blows before Cut.

I kind of like the parallel between Oshawott and Servine- they are both "swordsmon"(Servine's Cut is a typical Iai blow). And from what we're seeing so far, they are the likely main powerhouses to be of the two characters.

Dokkora losing so easy to Oshawott rubbed me the wrong way, as it's a bulky mon. Oh well.

Ice Beam causing Water vapor... Logic. Delicious logic.

Last edited:

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
the dub title for this episode is "ash and trips third battle" wtf did the guy with the brains quit

STICKTOPIA

I knew Snivy wouldn't win again. Oshawott is getting better. Vanillite has good defense.... lucky....