• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Becomes Tiny (1026)

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I can't believe it. Nobody has noticed a reference to another popular Anime in this episode?

Faba's idea of using PokeBall's technology (capable to easily transport big and heavy Pokemon like Snorlax or Alolan Exeggutor) on other things like houses is taken from the technology of Capsule Corp, from Dragon Ball. There was one episode in the original series, when Goku and Krillin trained with Master Roshi, where they used that tech to transport the whole Kame House. Didn't you notice?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's something I quite enjoy about the Sun and Moon series, there have been a number of occasions where there is a CotD that shows up from time to time, be it whether I like their personality or just their design, that I find it a bit of a shame sometimes that they never show up ever again after their first appearance. So It's nice to see some of them show up again from time to time, be it a cameo or a part of a different plot.

Same. I really hated how much effort they started putting into the background characters in XY, which made it all the more frustrating seeing a good character design only for it to be nothing more than crowd filler.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
That's something I quite enjoy about the Sun and Moon series, there have been a number of occasions where there is a CotD that shows up from time to time, be it whether I like their personality or just their design, that I find it a bit of a shame sometimes that they never show up ever again after their first appearance. So It's nice to see some of them show up again from time to time, be it a cameo or a part of a different plot.

Agreed. The stationary aspect of SM definitely helps in this regard; if this was a more traditional series, I don’t think such focus on background characters would be possible.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was nice seeing Mallow save the day for once! Shame it took Steenee evolving in order for that to happen....
Mallow's finally getting the treatment I've wanted her to get since forever! I really hope Tsareena continues being a strong reliable Pokemon

I only bothered watching this episode because I was bored, but now I'm glad I did!

DatsRight

Not a bad episode, funny gags, but kinda underwhelming considering the plot. It felt like a standard pre-SM episode narrative wise where the twerps in question were just pinballed around besides a curb stomp battle at the end (actually Tomoika seems to be fond of the 'lost across Melemele' setup in SM, the starter trio episode was similar).

I'd have liked to see something more creative, like the three having to use their wits to survive in the wild shrunken (Lillie's determined attitude didn't really amount to much) or even the whole group being shrunk, so the cavalry having to use their full forces intuitively to deal with a 'giant Pokemon'. I'm all for a non-Ash character being useful in an Ash episode, but is the height of Mallow's involvement the whole series gonna be completely one-sided beatings? They seemed to be treating Tsareena like a total badass but she hasn't remotely trained the whole series.

Kiawe not getting shrunk was criminal at the very least.

Rather surprised Faba shown ZERO interest in seeing an Ultra Beast in person.

The three were kinda funny together, but as expected Lillie and Sophocles were the one pairing that didn't really interact much. I thought it was a shame we didn't see either's 'smart guy' role come into play with Ash either. Like I said mostly just pinballing.

The imagine spot with the three having to get used to school activities shrunk was rather amusing, especially since the three tend to be depicted as the more awkward younger kids of the group.

The trick with Dedenee was also a decent subtle nod to XY.

I kinda thought one of the characters turning giant would end up the closing gag.

I wonder if anymore 'wacky inventions' plots will emerge after this Faba lecture premise. I seriously want another 'Ash turned into a Pokemon' episode again. Though I can see Faba getting a restraining order after this. :p

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
predictable, but fun episode, and funnily enough, tsareena showed more personality in this episode than steenee at all

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
A shame they didn't get squashed or eaten in this episode.

I'm joking relax

In all seriousness I have nothing good or bad to say about this episode

DatsRight

predictable, but fun episode, and funnily enough, tsareena showed more personality in this episode than steenee at all

If anything Tsareena is showing most signs of becoming a standard 'stoic evolved mon' like Greninja, only again, with zero transition. Mallow has just randomly got herself an ace with no involvement at all, while Ash had to continuously work the rough spots off of his (and still keep it as a quirky character).

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This episode was not bad, I’m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Sure it was not the best but I still really got a good kick out of it.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to find Faba extremely obnoxious in this episode. He just really got on my nerves and I hope we never have to see him again. I get the whole point of having him in the episode was to shrink Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles but I still found him to be really annoying.

The rest of this episode was really enjoyable. Ash and Lillie were enjoying themselves and of course Sophocles has to be a debby downer. Watching Ash and Lillie floating away on a Comfey makes me want to now. That Alolan Persian came back and it was just as mean as the last time we saw it, wanting to eat Lillie, Sophocles, and Ash. But Mallow and Tsareena were there to save the day. The weirdest part was the fact that it was Pikachu’s sneeze that turned Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles back to normal. Like how? That doesn’t make any sense.

Overall, this episode was so much better than last weeks and I just watched it for the second time. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If anything Tsareena is showing most signs of becoming a standard 'stoic evolved mon' like Greninja, only again, with zero transition. Mallow has just randomly got herself an ace with no involvement at all, while Ash had to continuously work the rough spots off of his (and still keep it as a quirky character).
Actually, IMHO, Tsareena is showing signs of becoming a diva, rather than a "standard stoic evolved 'mon." You can't tell me that all that sepal-flipping she does doesn't remind you of a typical anime diva-like character.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to find Faba extremely obnoxious in this episode. He just really got on my nerves and I hope we never have to see him again. I get the whole point of having him in the episode was to shrink Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles but I still found him to be really annoying.
No, you're not the only one. I can't really explain what about Faba I found obnoxious, but something about him in this episode grated on my nerves. Perhaps it was his know-it-all attitude or his (apparent) lack of humility.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
also, is it me or was the animation surprisingly good for a random filler (same thing with the passimian episode)

DatsRight

Sometimes animation quality is random depending on which studios are handed which episodes. I also think they like experimenting a bit now instead of just preserving budget for the big battle scenes (it's not like there's a lot of them this series anyway so more to go around I guess).

The jump rope scene in the AF arc was said to be one of their most complex bits of animation, and it was barely relevant to the main plot, just a bit of funny antics.

Did anyone else think this episode's plot wasn't quite....a full realisation? I mean the 'shrink ray' plot is done in TONS of cartoons at about the same level, but it feels like this isn't the last we're meant to see of it, like it or more 'wacky invention' stuff will become a chekhov's gun later or something. Maybe it will become key for them to move something large and significant from one place to another, or Faba will turn again or another villain will use it larger scale. Faba appearing in the next episode also leaves me suspicious.

"BACK OFF!!!! I'VE GOT A SHRINK GUN!"

Last edited:

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Considering Faba is a character who’s supposed to get on the viewers’ nerves, I’d say this only proves how well he does his job. Also, he’s appearing in next week’s episode.

DatsRight

I think it's also that Faba seems to seldom face proper repercussions for his actions, a good comeuppance is needed against the remorselessly smarmy troublemakers.

Though this could change next week.

lolipiece

Staff member
I think it's also that Faba seems to seldom face proper repercussions for his actions, a good comeuppance is needed against the remorselessly smarmy troublemakers.

Though this could change next week.

Considering his self-centered attitude and desire to keep his position, losing both his job and the respect (what little they had, that is) of everyone around him seems a bit fair, no? For someone like, that's essentially torture.

nickdt

Fun episode, had a smile on my face (Which doesn't happen that often anymore with Pokemon) the whole episode. I am starting too think they are setting up the old woman for something big eventually. Maybe she can tie into a possible Guzma appearance (Being his mother or grandmother).

hottom3rd

Sun & Moon does it again with a decent filler epi. Good work crushing that recurringly barbaric alolan persian. For those claiming Tsareena is stoic,, eh not so much. I agree with the Diva bit, albeit a powerful one. Greninja personality is hard to replicate. I like the direction the series goes in terms of remaining relatively grounded. Anyhow. decent, funny episode (way better than last weeks). 7.5/10

lolipiece

Staff member
Sun & Moon does it again with a decent filler epi. Good work crushing that recurringly barbaric alolan persian. For those claiming Tsareena is stoic,, eh not so much. I agree with the Diva bit, albeit a powerful one. Greninja personality is hard to replicate. I like the direction the series goes in terms of remaining relatively grounded. Anyhow. decent, funny episode (way better than last weeks). 7.5/10

I think it's probably because Tsareena doesn't have a mouth, so she can't smile or anything like that.

She can express with her eyes, like in last episode's PokeProblem segment, but you can only do so much with that. And I doubt everyone knows about body language, so I can see why some could make that statement.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode was a fun one from beginning to end. I‘m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

Tbh, I’m a little surprised that Lusamine is willing to let Faba go anywhere near Lillie after what Faba did previously in the series. I mean, erasing Lillie’s memories, which caused her to be unable to touch Pokemon, I would think that’s something that he should not be forgiven over. But that’s just me.

I kind of thought we would never see the Persian from SM007 but it came back in this episode and it was just plain evil. I’m glad Tsareena and Mallow were there to save Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles from being eaten.

Seriously, out of everything, it was Pikachu’s sneeze that made Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles turn back to normal? Just how? You have got to be kidding me, I’m so beyond done.

That ending though, I must admit it really made me laugh. Togedemaru getting turned to a giant and then terrorizing the Pokemon School. That was seriously hilarious and most definitely had me cracking up. I wouldn’t say it was as funny as the last scene from SM057 where Rotom ended up getting stuck inside the Pokemon Center, literally, but it was still really funny.

All in all, this was a really good episode. I have already watched this episode several times, not gonna lie.