• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash & Clemont! Special Friendship Training!! (1192)

UnovaMaster

Everyone cares about Clemont getting one shot, but not poor Lickilicky boy?

DP52.jpg

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Eh I don't think that battle at the end was ever meant to be a regular battle, it was just designed to show off Ash's new moves. The writers weren't given us a Ash vs. Clemont rematch here, it was just a quick practice battle. I do wish Diggersby especially got showcased more, but it's not really something that bothers me.
I never said it had to be a full battle, but having a longer battle would’ve been more engaging than just watching sirfetch reprat the same motion for so long. Not to mention having more of back and forth between ash and clemont would actually sell the power of the moves more when it turned things around. Now it felt more like clemont’s pokemon were weak rather than the moves were strong.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
it’s unpopular opinion but I love Sophocles returned more than clemont , even tho the premise of the episode and the episode it’s self boring Sophocles Have more progress for is goal , while clemont have only new mon to show and his invention still blow up

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Was rewatching a couple of episodes with a friend and forgot to “review” this episode. Pretty good overall. Clemont is top 5 companions for me so was always looking forward to his return. Loved that Ash came to him before fighting Drasna. Diggersby was a welcome addition though admittedly I’d have want Chespin to evolve as well. My only gripe is the battle. Luxray & Diggersby being OHKO’d was disappointing. 9/10

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
It was beautiful to hear the XY soundtrack and to visit the Eiffel Tower once again. < 3

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Was rewatching a couple of episodes with a friend and forgot to “review” this episode. Pretty good overall. Clemont is top 5 companions for me so was always looking forward to his return. Loved that Ash came to him before fighting Drasna. Diggersby was a welcome addition though admittedly I’d have want Chespin to evolve as well. My only gripe is the battle. Luxray & Diggersby being OHKO’d was disappointing. 9/10

I think it was important for Dracovish and Sirfetch'd to dominate against Clemont considering most of their increased performance came from off-sceen training (more Dracovish than Sirfetch'd) and since Ash was about to face off against an Elite Four member, it would have been worse if he struggled even a little bit against a Gym Leader that wasn't part of the WCS.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think it was important for Dracovish and Sirfetch'd to dominate against Clemont considering most of their increased performance came from off-sceen training (more Dracovish than Sirfetch'd) and since Ash was about to face off against an Elite Four member, it would have been worse if he struggled even a little bit against a Gym Leader that wasn't part of the WCS.
I disagree but even then they could dominate without it being so easy for them. It's also one thing to sweep a Gym Leader but there's a big gap between that and defeating an E4 member. That's just more of an "it could have been worse" scenario. Clemont says he battled Drasna so at least imply they train to counter her.

Starswirl Pikachu

Cool to see Bonnie and Clemont again, Dedenne too! Learning a new move is fine but it felt like everyone was watching Sir Fetched stab practicing for a really long time. Also was anyone else a little disappointed that "Meteor Assault" did not involve meteors crashing down from the sky? It still seems like a decent move, I guess..

Team Rocket is missing a lot of chances to try and catch Pikachu which is a big contrast from previous times. I wonder if maybe they decided to retire after all?